AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel?

Started by Slugworth, Dec 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM

Based on what you saw in AvP Requiem, would you go see another sequel?

Hell yes!
190 (54.8%)
I'll check it out.
59 (17%)
I don't think so.
12 (3.5%)
Hell no!
27 (7.8%)
Yes, and the Brothers Strause should direct it.
22 (6.3%)
Not sure, would take some convincing.
37 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author
AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel? (Read 41,549 times)

Dusk

Sure, I'd watch a 3rd one. I really enjoyed AvP:R, but the next one needs a bit more character development. I certainly liked the characters in this one more than in AvP, but the human scenes should've still been longer.

I also wouldn't mind a new director to keep up with the tradition, but I'd like if the Brothers return and help to handle the fight scenes or special effects of the creatures.

Slugworth

I think this movie did a good job cleaning up after the first AvP and acting as a transition to a sequel set far in the future, in space where they belong.
I would love to see the Space Jockey get written in somehow... but that would be a touchy subject.
If handled incorrectly, do you guys think it might ruin the opening of ALIEN?

-slug

Airidok

Airidok

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 11:13:46 PM
Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:07:03 PM
HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I haven't been able to open ONE AVP-R thread without seeing a pissy comment about the movie made by you.
I didn't mention AvPR in the entire post, let alone a negative mention. And I said I didn't want the Bros to return before I saw the movie, as a matter of principal - One aspect I really like about the series is that each has a new director. I'd like to see this trend continued.

QuoteBut come on, get of your fat a$$ and get out of the house. Stop sitting in your computer chair cyber-stalking every single AVP-R thread made on this site.
And yet if I said that to a positive person, I'd be banned for insulting someone. Mmm, justice!

Good point. It just seems that each post is a direct attack towards the Bros. They went from TV ads to making a major movie, and I think that they really stepped up to the plate. :)

Edit: I also wanted to add something about the new director for each film thing... My problem with that, is the same problem I had with X-Men 3, Bryan Singer set up a great storyline with X2, but Ratner threw away the great story that Singer had set up, killed off / got rid of half of the characters in the first few minutes, and made Halle (I can't act) Berry a major character, with lines that didn't even make sense.
It's risky. I hope, for franchises sake, it works. (if the decide not to bring back the Bros.

SiL

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:23:20 PM
Good point. It just seems that each post is a direct attack towards the Bros. They went from TV ads to making a major movie, and I think that they really stepped up to the plate.
I just feel that the Bros talked themselves up and shot themselves in the foot because of it. They failed to deliver on their promise of a gritty and intense and mean-spirited movie; it was just immature and cliche. I was let down by it.

Airidok

Airidok

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 11:25:40 PM
Good point. It just seems that each post is a direct attack towards the Bros. They went from TV ads to making a major movie, and I think that they really stepped up to the plate.
I just feel that the Bros talked themselves up and shot themselves in the foot because of it. They failed to deliver on their promise of a gritty and intense and mean-spirited movie; it was just immature and cliche. I was let down by it.

I edited my post.

I really think they fixed near everything that was wrong with the first one. I would've liked Weyland to have been a part of this film, instead on bringing in Yutani. But that could be a good set up for the third film.

I didn't like the end. *Spoilers* or how the Predalien and Predator died. It was done well, but for once, I'd like to see a Predator live.

I did however like the nod to the first Alien 3 script, that was about Hicks and Bishop, where there were (for the first time I believe) multiple chest bursters. I just think it was so wrong that the had to show a pregnant women getting chest bursted.

SiL

It's risky. I hope, for franchises sake, it works. (if the decide not to bring back the Bros.
Worked the first three times for the Alien movies ...

wolfboy

Whatever, if they brought Ridley Scott back, you'd throw your new director principles out the window with the quickness.

Airidok

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 11:34:29 PM
Worked the first three times for the Alien movies ...

Damn your quick. I have to disagree about the third film though. I liked it, until I read the first script, where they kept Hicks and Bishop alive. That could've made for an epic sequel. Now I just can't watch Alien 3 without thinking about the first script, and how awesome Hicks was. :-\ Had the same problem with X-Men 3.

Blain_88

Blain_88

Colin what about the alien/predator franchises after avpr?You can give us some light  what is the most likley thing to happen to the franchise.Will they continue the avps or start the pred3 project already. ???

Airidok

Quote from: abes88 on Dec 26, 2007, 11:42:50 PM
Colin what about the alien/predator franchises after avpr?You can give us some light what what is the most likley thing to happen to the franchise.Will they continue the avps or start the pred3 project already.

As I recall, there's an entire thread for questions directed at Colin...?

SiL

Quote from: wolfboy on Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:36 PM
Whatever, if they brought Ridley Scott back, you'd throw your new director principles out the window with the quickness.
No, I'd really rather Ridley Scott not return.

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:38:19 PM
I have to disagree about the third film though. I liked it, until I read the first script, where they kept Hicks and Bishop alive. That could've made for an epic sequel. Now I just can't watch Alien 3 without thinking about the first script, and how awesome Hicks was. :-\ Had the same problem with X-Men 3.
That had absolutely nothing to do with the director. That was the studio and Sigourny Weaver.

Airidok

Ah, I guess I was mistaken then. The atricle on Wiki was very short.

Colin what about the alien/predator franchises after avpr?You can give us some light  what is the most likley thing to happen to the franchise.Will they continue the avps or start the pred3 project already. ???

It really all depends on how well AVP-R does. If it bombs, I'd say they'll either end the franchise, or reboot it in a few years, if it does really well, I'd say it more likely that we'll see an AVP3.

So far, in it's first day it made around nine million (give or take). So far, so good.

Slugworth

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:56:37 PM

So far, in it's first day it made around nine million (give or take). So far, so good.

It all comes down to $$$... FOX will ignore bad reviews if the money is right. Which is fine by me... since most bad reviews come from movie critics that just don't get the point of Aliens fighting Predators. I know, there is no point...

Anyone remember how much the first AvP made opening weekend?

Airidok

Quote from: Slugworth on Dec 27, 2007, 12:49:56 AM
Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:56:37 PM

It all comes down to $$$... FOX will ignore bad reviews if the money is right. Which is fine by me... since most bad reviews come from movie critics that just don't get the point of Aliens fighting Predators. I know, there is no point...

Anyone remember how much the first AvP made opening weekend?

Opening Weekend:  $38,291,056

Total Worldwide:  $171,251,996   

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:07:03 PM
HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I haven't been able to open ONE AVP-R thread without seeing a pissy comment about the movie made by you. SURE, we all have our rights to like, or hate a movie. You hate it, we get it. Now freaking shut up about it. Quit your whining.
Am I new here? Yes. Do I care if you're a "respected" member here? Not really. I was fine with you hating this movie. I clicked on the first, second, third and fourth AVP-R thread, seeing you bashing the movie, I was even OK with that, but now I'm just annoyed at the fact that I can't read one AVP-R topic without seeing you, pissing on the thread and the movie, but mainly, the Brothers Strause.

You didn't like the movie, fine. That's your god given right. But come on, get of your fat a$$ and get out of the house. Stop sitting in your computer chair cyber-stalking every single AVP-R thread made on this site.
We freaking get it.

You had better care in future, my friend... What you did qualifies as breaking the forum rules, because you should respect every fellow forum member, regardless of how long they've been around here.

That doesn't mean to say you have to agree with their perspective, but calling them names and randomly insulting them, just for expressing their own view about a film which has not even been made yet, is ridiculous.

Please try and restrain yourself, if frustrated in the future.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 11:13:46 PM
And yet if I said that to a positive person, I'd be banned for insulting someone. Mmm, justice!

Apologies nobody showed up in time. I've literally just woken up. Not sure about anyone else. :)

Colin what about the alien/predator franchises after avpr?You can give us some light  what is the most likley thing to happen to the franchise.Will they continue the avps or start the pred3 project already.???

That was spoken of by the Fox representative at the convention which they all attended. There is not yet any intention of continuing with the individual series, because they don't regard them as individually profitable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed