Local Trouble

She's, um...tenacious.

The Old One

The Old One

The truth is.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Gotta polish my reading glasses. I completely glossed over that part. :laugh:

...yeah. A simple egg-shot removal would have saved a lot of headaches.

Spoiler
In retrospect, "egg-shot" might be a contender for weirdest word combination I've used on this forum so far.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 07:51:48 PM
The truth is.

I'm hearing Claudia Black again.

The Old One

The Old One

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Deadmeat on Feb 24, 2019, 07:44:55 PM
Not to derail your, uh...

...thing. ;)

But I haven't posted in this thread yet and would like to ask if anyone has brought up the idea of facehuggers (not eggs) sneaking on-board the Sulaco, possibly latched onto the queen as she was escaping the nest?

Yeah, a couple of facehuggers latched on to her. I think Hudson, Simpson and Lydecker all jumped on for the ride too.  ;)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 24, 2019, 08:06:15 PM
Quote from: Deadmeat on Feb 24, 2019, 07:44:55 PM
Not to derail your, uh...

...thing. ;)

But I haven't posted in this thread yet and would like to ask if anyone has brought up the idea of facehuggers (not eggs) sneaking on-board the Sulaco, possibly latched onto the queen as she was escaping the nest?

Yeah, a couple of facehuggers latched on to her. I think Hudson, Simpson and Lydecker all jumped on for the ride too.  ;)

::)

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed DM. 

It was with us all the way.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You mean the egg?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 05, 2017, 07:40:48 PMWas it this?  :laugh:

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 20, 2014, 12:12:44 AMThe egg grew out of Bishop's torso inside his cryotube.  Ostensibly, this was due to being contaminated with genetic material when the queen impaled him.  Later on, the Anchorpoint scientists were able to culture scrapings of the same material from his lower half and clone alien eggs from that.

My personal spin on the Gibson origin, which appears to be the script that pre-dated them all, is that this genetic material oozed into the subflooring of the Sulaco's landing bay where it congealed, then grew slowly out of the floor itself and into the strange position where we saw it after it hatched.

Turns out, even the WYR supports this theory somewhat...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 10, 2016, 12:40:51 AM
When you fact-checked the WYR, surely you came across this excerpt on page 125:

QuoteThe other, more likely, theory posits that the queen deposited a resinous egg sac in the landing gear of the dropship, or flung some amount of egg-forming material from her body once the ship was back on board the Sulaco.

That sounds a lot like my ooze theory (although it never occurred to me that she may have "flung" it).

Most importantly, SM no longer rules it out as a possibility (although he remains skeptical, but that's par for the course with him).

SM

SM

I am not Alpha and Omega of good ideas.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Ok, so to summarise the last 168(!) pages, I think the main theories on this seem to be:

1. Ooze
2. Stowaway facehugger(s)
3. It was all a dream
4. Bishop did it

Have I missed any?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 24, 2019, 08:43:25 PM
Ok, so to summarise the last 168(!) pages, I think the main theories on this seem to be:

1. Ooze
2. Bishop did it

Have I missed any?
Patched.

Facts:

1. The Egg itself was a dream/nightmare of Ellen Ripley, in the reality of the fiction it was stowaway Facehugger(s) which caused the events of AlienĀ³.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 24, 2019, 08:41:25 PM
I am not Alpha and Omega of good ideas.

But you have veto power.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 08:48:10 PM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Feb 24, 2019, 08:43:25 PM

1. Ooze
2. Bishop did it
3. Stowaways.

Have I missed any?
Patched.

Facts:

1. The Egg itself was a dream/nightmare of Ellen Ripley, in the reality of the fiction it was stowaway Facehugger(s) which caused the events of AlienĀ³.

Patched.

Rankles75

Rankles75

So many patches...  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed