Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 05:03:03 PM
Quote from: BeeHooKoo on Today at 03:54:30 PMmacho action

Aliens is anything but macho.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by PortugueseXeno - Today at 04:50:40 PM
Maybe, it's just me, but complaining about not wanting to waste time (by watching the movie) while lurking and commenting for months on forums about said movie that you brag about not going to see seems like a waste of time.

Also, sue me, if a fan of the movie franchise is excited about a new movie after 7 years of content drought, but i guess, apparently that means i'm a fanatic shill, drone or lack critical thinking.

I guess this is what people back in the 80s and 90s were caled, before going to watch Aliens and Alien 3.

I don't really have a problem if people won't watch the movie, simply because they can't (financially or kids) or because they are not interested/excited/hopeful, but to go around and acting all high and mighty towards those that are excited for the movie (in said movie's forum lmao) only makes you look like an asshole, contrarians and attention/negativity seekers.

I mean, spending months commenting on a movie forum while bragging about being too good to watch the movie when it comes out, what do you want, a prize or something?
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 03:36:48 AMAh, we're at the "just watch the film regardless of whether the advertising does its job convincing you" stage of the pre-release cycle.

But... the advertising so far *HAS* done its job in convincing me to watch it... it's one of the reasons I'm personally riding the hype train. 😅
I never said anything about spending any money either. First chance they get doesn't = spending money on a ticket.
General Game Discussion / Re: Star Wars Games
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: EurogamerThe news comes from DualShockers, which has reported as of October 2023 Total War: Star Wars was one of three games in development at the studio.

The studio's most recent game was Total War: Pharaoh, but a Star Wars game would see it return to the more fantastical settings of Total War: Warhammer and (to an extent) Total War: Three Kingdoms.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1791426457882816902

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BeeHooKoo - Today at 03:54:30 PM
For me the question wasn't even fair, the first 1979 version is the best Alien movie. I like the haunting atmosphere of the first film, the horror elements, the theme changes, the development of the actors' characters as the story progresses, the details, etc. Otherwise, the film is exceptional in the world of cinema.

Aliens comes in second, but it's hard to compare Cameron and Scott's films because they represent different film genres.
James Cameron's Aliens movie has a strong action and hero vibe right from the beginning, lots of guns, macho action, lots of aliens, lots of everything...compared to Ridley Scott's Alien movie, I think Cameron's Aliens has too much of everything.

Alien 3 was a good try, but is overshadowed by the first two Alien movies.
What about Alien Resurrection...that's a movie that shouldn't have been made at all.

"David8" movies have been less noticed by me. Sure, they're well done and everything is ok, but...there is something about them that I don't like, I don't know what, maybe it's the plot and xeno birth idea that I don't really like - I can't say.

I'm waiting to see a Romulus movie, but I think it's just a teen slasher movie in space without any major plot content or more aliens in the story.
I expect more from the TV Series than from Romulus.
Quote from: Smithsonian MagThe Italian Renaissance artist, who lived during the late 15th and early 16th centuries, will be the subject of a forthcoming biopic from Universal Pictures. The studio recently confirmed that Andrew Haigh, best known for All of Us Strangers (2023), will direct the production, as Variety's Tatiana Siegel reports.

https://twitter.com/SmithsonianMag/status/1791438770312503383
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed