Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 131,673 times)

BigDaddyJohn

The crew of main characters could pick it up... But then again why could they and everyone else couldn't ?

Yuppy

Yuppy

Im getting the vibe that this xeno will be an adolesence or bambie sized and possibly there will be a man in a rubber suit for close ups.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

What are we anticipating Romulus to gross worldwide?

And do you believe box office failure means an unsuccessful film?

Prometheus and Covenant were both deemed failures (which I don't personally get) making $403 million and $241 million respectively.
Not accounting for inflation, Prometheus is currently the 8th highest grossing horror film in history.

I think Romulus will make about $320 million worldwide and be a success with fans.

joshuaheath1995@gmail.com

160-280 million worldwide

BigDaddyJohn

Would be nice to know the budget first.

Feeds On Minds

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 02, 2024, 10:24:30 PMWould be nice to know the budget first.

Given that this was initially intended for streaming, I don't see it having that high of a budget.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on May 02, 2024, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 02, 2024, 10:24:30 PMWould be nice to know the budget first.

Given that this was initially intended for streaming, I don't see it having that high of a budget.
I think that it's the same more or less (likely more less) of Covenant's budget. Covenant also had a huge marketing and viral campaign just as Prometheus, and I don't think that Romulus would have the same treatment

SiL

SiL

Production budget's irrelevant, marketing budget's where it's at.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Comparatively, the production budgets for an Alien film are always wild next to your typical horror release.

I really hope it does well enough to warrant future Alien films adhering to theater releases. It'll be a sad, cold day in hell when we no longer see the new entries of this franchise on the big screen.

AND, I hope Romulus does well enough that it either lights a fire under Ridley's ass to finish the prequels, or if he's not the one deciding to hold back on finishing the story, to change whoever's mind over at Disney that's preventing him from finishing them.

I mean, we're also no stranger to long gaps of time between films, and the powers that be may just think now isn't the correct time to finish them, but Scott is 86 😭

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Yuppy on May 01, 2024, 05:56:50 PM50 bucks says Ripley will make an appearance.

I'll take it.

Immortan Jonesy

:laugh:👍

Local Trouble

She'll be inserted in a last-minute edit, like the egg on Sulaco was.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 03, 2024, 03:25:51 AMShe'll be inserted in a last-minute edit, like the egg on Sulaco was.

In that case, David also put her there, then.

Jaws the Revenge

Jaws the Revenge

To me this clearly isn't the Big Chap. It's to sinewy and skinny. It looks almost exactly like the Covenant Alien. Which is no bad thing. But the Big Chap or Big Chap Type this surely cannot be....

SiL

SiL

It's not meant to be Big Chap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed