Engineers and Black Goo?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2024, 12:32:21 AM

Author
Engineers and Black Goo? (Read 5,922 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well they apparently gave the pathogen a name in this one.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 20, 2024, 08:58:16 AMWell they apparently gave the pathogen a name in this one.

The Prometheus Strain.

There's precedent for that, though. There's also the 26 Draconis Strain and the Icarus Strain.

irn

irn

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 20, 2024, 09:00:35 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 20, 2024, 08:58:16 AMWell they apparently gave the pathogen a name in this one.

The Prometheus Strain.

There's precedent for that, though. There's also the 26 Draconis Strain and the Icarus Strain.

I wonder how they will play knowledge of what happened to the Prometheus getting back to the company.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: irn on Apr 20, 2024, 09:32:43 AMI wonder how they will play knowledge of what happened to the Prometheus getting back to the company.

W-Y are in the know regarding most of what happened on LV-223. They also know about David's lab on Planet 4.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I'm convinced this won't be referenced in Romulus.

SiL

SiL

I don't think Fede has gone past the movies, Isolation and the making ofs.

Think/hope.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Marvel's reprint of the early Dark Horse comics was on his shelf in the picture he shared.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 20, 2024, 02:32:28 AMI think Cold Forge is great, but Into Charybdis is even better.

Would love to see White get to tackle another one at some point.

I know they weren't on the picture of his shelf, but some of the stuff I've heard about Romulus almost makes me wonder if these books were among the sources Fede consulted.

I have no doubt he read them! Just seems to similar.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Pilots create monsters when their biologies encounter the pathogenic AI algorithm.

They wear symbiote armor. It is powered by the black algorithm

Eventually everything culminates in the perfect organism. It's like the SiL DNA sequence in Species.

An Eldritch AI; the Prometheus strain

The tree of knowledge of good and evil. The True Prometheus fire🔥🏛 the so called plagiarus praepotens...🧬

🗿
👉👈

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Funnily enough, the psionic visions imparted from the Fulfremmen to the players in Heart of Darkness also feature trees.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed