X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,081 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jul 24, 2013, 06:18:28 PM
I still don't plan to buy a Xbox One since they turn me off. Times like this makes me wish Halo would return to the PC.
Well, technically it never lived there, so...

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/24/self-publishing-is-coming-to-xbox-one/

Self-Publishing coming to Xbox One.

And the Xbox One can be used as a Dev Kit.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I probably won't be bothering with an Xbox One regardless of what they changed. They already showed their hand and there is a 100% chance that they will slowly, silently be rolling out all their proposed 'changes' anyway.

So instead of a quick hammer to the front of the skull, it's a slow poisoning with daily tea.

Spoiler
:laugh:
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Don't pretend Sony doesn't have the same plans.

They're just going about it silent-like, like ninja. When they strike, it'll be quick, it'll be clean, and most of all, it'll be silent.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Stahp it SpaceMarines do not upset the balance of the thread. >:(

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm not upsetting it.

I'm restoring it.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's true, though. Team Xbox had the right idea, but Microsoft fat cats ruined it with paranoid anti-piracy measures and the worst PR in recent memory. Xbox was gonna cut the console generation-spanning bullshit and get to the point, but now we'll just have to see those features slowly reintroduced alongside Sony.

Kinda boring.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Since my post disappeared, I'll just leave this here:

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/24/self-publishing-is-coming-to-xbox-one/

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 25, 2013, 05:55:24 PM

They're just going about it silent-like, like ninja. When they strike, it'll be quick, it'll be clean, and most of all, it'll be silent.

They'll attack not from the front - but from the sides.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2013, 11:27:17 PM

The other 2 companies, you didn't even know they were there.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Jul 25, 2013, 11:46:32 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2013, 11:27:17 PM

The other 2 companies, you didn't even know they were there.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

But it will be a time when high speed internet is more common or reliable. The only reason people care now is they have the audacity to do it while still supporting discs. I don't think anybody really cares about the military situation unless your in the milatary there just using it as ammunition for there argument but thats a massive part of peoples outrage really all people have a problem with is the fact they still support discs, or thats there reasoning. When it go's all digital the only thing for people to legitimately moan about is the fact that you have to be connected when not downloading. When Sony does it, it'll be when they have enough confidence that microsoft will follow suite and when internet is faster more robust and available more rurally which is clever business and even then I dont think it will go always online as there is no benift to that and even less benifit for a check in system
Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 25, 2013, 10:22:04 PM
It's true, though. Team Xbox had the right idea, but Microsoft fat cats ruined it with paranoid anti-piracy measures and the worst PR in recent memory. Xbox was gonna cut the console generation-spanning bullshit and get to the point, but now we'll just have to see those features slowly reintroduced alongside Sony.
I dunno, what was so compelling about the features that aren't available? I don't see any of them that made sharing games better, I don't know for sure what features you are referring, but if it was the sharing games feature, then that was another bit off piss poor pr from microsoft as that feature is a lot less appealing than described as it was, a glorified demo service in effect and I dunno if most people knew that but I got the impression when it was first described that it was actually going to be better than manually sharing games when really it is a glorified trial system. Maybe I am regurgitating too many of GiantBombs opinions on the matter but I dont think any of the changes will effect the fact Sony are on the up microsoft are on the down and even though they are probably pretty even on features the momentum as well as the superior effort with developers means xbox at least needed to parody sony untill a digital only market is sustainable. The fact they retconned the original idea must mean 1. it wasn't that compelling anyway. 2. Evidence it wouldn't be successful 3. The console didn't really require online as much as they made out ie the cloud services which is just a buzz word for using servers to improve processing stuff not just on the xbox but in a server farm already happens on xbox 360 and is still possible now.
If I miss understood what you features you were refrencing I apologise but even if I am the friends and family sharing plan regardless was miss represented by xbox.

HOnestly the only reason I won't buy an xbox is due to there heavy focus on entertainment packages and telivision deals that don't affect any where but america, the only cool things they can do in the uk is get an iplayer app,,
Also it grinds my gears that you can't or at least couldn't use the xbone in a large selection of countries where there is no excuse not to be able to use it like poland for example there is no reason other than always online functionality that means it can't be played there, I dunno if that has changed now but there whole arrogance into the next generation although deserved hasn't worked

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

QuoteIf I miss understood what you features you were refrencing I apologise but even if I am the friends and family sharing plan regardless was miss represented by xbox.

I was really getting at the ultimate intention of transforming Xbox into a Steam-like service (which, last I checked, everybody loves (unless it's still 2004)). Nobody's 100% sure just how the family sharing thing would've worked, but it could have led somewhere very interesting if Microsoft hadn't shot itself in the foot so early on.

On the other hand, change is a terrible and scary thing.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I still yearn for the days when I didn't have to feed or clothe myself.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yeah, I get that. Since mastering the potty, it's as though my life has lacked any true purpose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed