X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 151,072 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 21, 2013, 11:32:51 PM
My SNES has never had a virus, and it still works nearly 20 years later without any bullshit. UNF
that's also a point some systems cant get virus like a computer can, but i think xbox or ps3 can because there hooked up sometimes also people hack into systems connected to the internet but hackers are more concerned with trying to hack into computers and websites.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Play offline, homie!

Vertigo

Vertigo

I haven't had a virus in 12 years. Which is more than I can say for my pitiful biological framework.
Weird thing with the first virus I ever encountered, it came in a retail copy of SimLife. It was almost worth it though, great game.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Vertigo on Jun 22, 2013, 12:06:23 AM
I haven't had a virus in 12 years. Which is more than I can say for my pitiful biological framework.
Weird thing with the first virus I ever encountered, it came in a retail copy of SimLife. It was almost worth it though, great game.
Are you a responsible person who does not go to questionable sites?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 21, 2013, 11:40:59 PM
Nintendo knows their shit. I have never had to replace any of their consoles, or handhelds because of some malfunction or something. They've worked for years, and have continued to work.

That's because Nintendo products are made of Nintendium.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Most people would love to have a nice gaming PC if they have the money. New consoles go around 400 - 500 while PC's can go around 1,000 from what I've seen.

Elliott

Elliott

A thousand dollars?

I got mine for around $600, not a thousand. That's only a hundred more than the most expensive of the consoles, and it surpasses it in every aspect.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Galli on Jun 22, 2013, 01:25:29 AM
A thousand dollars?

I got mine for around $600, not a thousand. That's only a hundred more than the most expensive of the consoles, and it surpasses it in every aspect.

Sounds about right, from what I've heard.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 22, 2013, 01:11:46 AM
Most people would love to have a nice gaming PC if they have the money. New consoles go around 400 - 500 while PC's can go around 1,000 from what I've seen.

Point and then if you don't take care of it your buying a completely new one every few years.  Where as a system you don't really have that worry.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 22, 2013, 12:44:59 AM
Nintendo knows their shit. I have never had to replace any of their consoles, or handhelds because of some malfunction or something. They've worked for years, and have continued to work.

That's because Nintendo products are made of Nintendium.

This made me lol so hard  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tis' true tho.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yep, my N64 still works.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jun 21, 2013, 11:25:38 PM
But when you hook up a computer to the internet you get virus from well just about anywhere.
Not really. If you know what you are doing and what you are downloading, you will never get a virus just like that. It simply can't happen. The viruses are not just "flying" around the web and then attaching to random computers  :laugh: You somehow allowed the virus to get on your PC. During the W98 days it was easier to get a virus but nowadays its near impossible. There are very powerful tools such as AdBlock Plus, Malwarebytes and Ghostery which block all incoming connections from black listed websites. And those lists are updated hourly. So basically you will never have any connection with random unknown sites storing cache on your system, except if you don't allow it for some reason. Just use these three and you will be fine ;)

http://www.ghostery.com/
http://adblockplus.org/en/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I never even use those, and I still don't get viruses. lol

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 22, 2013, 04:23:40 AM
Alienware laptop can go around $2,000

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=dkcwg37b&cs=19&dgvcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&ef_id=UZF1sAAAAb-B6NtX:20130622043003:s&dgc=ST&cid=262076&lid=4742362&acd=1230980731501410

Lol lol... who's gonna buy this "thing", really? Everything besides the RAM is bullcrap  :laugh: You can easily build a 600-700$ rig which will perform better than that "gaming" laptop

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jun 22, 2013, 04:33:34 AM
I never even use those, and I still don't get viruses. lol
Yeah those are just examples. If you know your stuff you may do fine without any protection. This is what I did for the whole XP life span :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed