PREDATOR 4 should be the title for the next film.

Started by samoht, Mar 14, 2011, 08:48:25 AM

What should the name of the next predator film be?

Predator 4
Predator 3
Predators 2
Author
PREDATOR 4 should be the title for the next film. (Read 31,906 times)

skull-splitter

I can dig the three-pronged approach, as it is exactly what I'd do. AvP needs a reboot though, but that might takr years...

samoht

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on May 22, 2011, 08:21:33 PM
Well, since "Predators" is supposed to a reboot of the franchise, I think the next film, if it has one or multiple Predators, should either be called, "Predators: something" or "Predator: something".

Originally, Robert's idea was to have "Predators" follow the Alien-route of making a direct-sequel to the original and add more creatures. That's of course, obvious to see.

So, if this a whole new start, like Nolan's Batman films, then Predator 1 and Predator 2 is the old franchise and therefore, there won't be any "Predator 3' or "Predator 4". This isn't like "Aliens" and then, "Alien 3".

"Predators" could also viewed as a spin-off or seperate franchise.Have a series, dealing with one Predator and another series, dealing with multiple Predators.

And since "Predators" is meant to be a direct sequel to Predator, then it shouldn't be considered, "Predator 3". It's confusing.

Fox wants "Predators" to be the start of a reboot and as we know, Robert, originally wrote Predators as a sequel to Predator, so things have kind of merged.

You could have three seperate Predator series:

-The lone-Predator hunting people scenario

-Multiple Predators hunting humans\ or Predator blood-feuds

- If the AvP series, continues

Honestly, I'd like to see the Predator blood-feud expanded more in future films and set the location on a different planet. Maybe it's time we see the Predator planet and go in-depth with the different Predator species.

Or...go back to a lone-Predator scenario and maybe, introduce us to a female Predator, this time.

Predators ain't a reboot.

DragonBossk

Quote from: samoht on May 23, 2011, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on May 22, 2011, 08:21:33 PM
Well, since "Predators" is supposed to a reboot of the franchise, I think the next film, if it has one or multiple Predators, should either be called, "Predators: something" or "Predator: something".

Originally, Robert's idea was to have "Predators" follow the Alien-route of making a direct-sequel to the original and add more creatures. That's of course, obvious to see.

So, if this a whole new start, like Nolan's Batman films, then Predator 1 and Predator 2 is the old franchise and therefore, there won't be any "Predator 3' or "Predator 4". This isn't like "Aliens" and then, "Alien 3".

"Predators" could also viewed as a spin-off or seperate franchise.Have a series, dealing with one Predator and another series, dealing with multiple Predators.

And since "Predators" is meant to be a direct sequel to Predator, then it shouldn't be considered, "Predator 3". It's confusing.

Fox wants "Predators" to be the start of a reboot and as we know, Robert, originally wrote Predators as a sequel to Predator, so things have kind of merged.

You could have three seperate Predator series:

-The lone-Predator hunting people scenario

-Multiple Predators hunting humans\ or Predator blood-feuds

- If the AvP series, continues

Honestly, I'd like to see the Predator blood-feud expanded more in future films and set the location on a different planet. Maybe it's time we see the Predator planet and go in-depth with the different Predator species.

Or...go back to a lone-Predator scenario and maybe, introduce us to a female Predator, this time.

Predators ain't a reboot.

This.

Don't get rumors mixed with facts, no one knows what Fox wants with the Predator franchise yet, if anything.

skull-splitter

They want to make money, and they want a say in how it looks...

AncientPred

AncientPred

PREDATORS was meant as a "reboot" but not in the sense of a remake. Instead, its a reboot, in the sense of; a new movie. It was to be a jump-start to begin a new series of movies in the ongoing PREDATOR franchise. Nothing was ever meant to be replaced or destroyed. Ignored, creatively, yes. No one in the production wanted anything to do with the AvP's. For obvious reasons. So PREDATORS is a reboot, just a constructive one.

I do feel like the sequel will focus on the feud. Likely with Royce and Isabelle, along with new survivors, getting caught up in the middle. Since they're getting a bigger bidget for the sequel we may get to see whole groups of Preds, classic and super, going at it. Or maybe not. We'll have to wait and see.

Titles i was thinking about, terrible and basic;
PREDATORS - Blood War
PREDATORS - War
PREDATORS - the Hunt
PREDATORS - Nemesis
PREDATORS - Death
PREDATORS - Endgame

As far as any future AvP's go; not anytime soon.

DragonBossk

Quote from: AncientPred on May 25, 2011, 12:21:16 AM

Titles i was thinking about, terrible and basic;
PREDATORS - Blood War
PREDATORS - War
PREDATORS - the Hunt
PREDATORS - Nemesis
PREDATORS - Death
PREDATORS - Endgame

As far as any future AvP's go; not anytime soon.

I like Blood War best, Pred vs Pred hunting would be an interesting direction.

samoht

A bad direction IMO.

Traditionally these films are meant to be about humans being hunted by an unseen enemy. That just kicks all that out the window.

AncientPred

I don't know about that. P1 may have been that. but P2 only had that element going as one of several plots at once. and Ps had it for maybe the first half. things are moving in a direction where more is revealed with each installment.

Alien³

PREDAFOUR should be the title.

Master

Quote from: AncientPred on May 25, 2011, 09:05:01 PM
I don't know about that. P1 may have been that. but P2 only had that element going as one of several plots at once. and Ps had it for maybe the first half. things are moving in a direction where more is revealed with each installment.

P2 was also 'man vs unknown danger' with small predator capture sub plot. Ps was the one that changed it.

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: samoht on May 25, 2011, 08:59:46 PM
A bad direction IMO.

Traditionally these films are meant to be about humans being hunted by an unseen enemy. That just kicks all that out the window.

exactly my thoughts. As a side path, extra sauce to the mix it can be entertaining, but placing that though in the center kills what the creature is made for.

AncientPred

being a badass is what the creature is made for.

they could always do Predator anime movies.

CorruptionSolid

I would like to see predator hunting other alien species along with the human in the next film. Something that look more deadly than stickman.

DarkMajesty

Zombie Predator   :laugh:

Seriously I would like Predator 4.
Quote from: CorruptionSolid on May 27, 2011, 12:57:10 PM
I would like to see predator hunting other alien species along with the human in the next film. Something that look more deadly than stickman.
And I like this idea.

bov930527

Quote from: CorruptionSolid on May 27, 2011, 12:57:10 PM

I second this notion. Since we all have seen the look of preds, their weapons and all, there is sort of not much to them as species. So the only way to keep audience surprised is to introduce new creatures. Like pred dogs in predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed