Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 137,230 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Feb 16, 2016, 05:21:26 AM
Oh look, it's Scar

I'll laugh if his design makes it into the comic. But I highly doubt it.

Whiskeybrewer

Are they releasing this story in Reading order this time? lol

Ultramorph

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 16, 2016, 01:28:35 PM
Are they releasing this story in Reading order this time? lol

Randy did actually say that the reading order will be crystal clear this time around.

Perfect-Organism

That's great because it was such a pain to have to read everything concurrently.  Everything was one big spoiler...

Ultramorph

Yeah, they seem to have learned from that, hence why they're only releasing one series at a time. The event will take  a lot longer to play out that way, but it will make it read 1000% better.

I still can't understand why they put the series in the order they did in the F&S collected edition. Casual readers must have been so confused.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 16, 2016, 03:43:42 PM
That's great because it was such a pain to have to read everything concurrently.  Everything was one big spoiler...

That said...that Prometheus #1 closer was damn nice.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Feb 16, 2016, 03:48:27 PM
Yeah, they seem to have learned from that, hence why they're only releasing one series at a time. The event will take  a lot longer to play out that way, but it will make it read 1000% better.

I still can't understand why they put the series in the order they did in the F&S collected edition. Casual readers must have been so confused.

I haven't bought the collected edition yet.  How did they order it?  I'm afraid to ask...

Ultramorph

The release order, with Aliens coming after Prometheus. Even more bizarrely, they put the Dark Horse Presents Aliens short after A:F&S and re-titled it "Aliens: Epilogue". The rest of the edition was fine, though. I can see them wanting to open with Prometheus, but the chronological jumping around is a bit unnecessary in a collected edition.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, they should have just had Aliens first. There'd have been no problem with that. It was a nice touch having that DHP short in though. I really appreciated that.

426Buddy

Does anyone know if the DHP short is in the collected edition?  if no one knows I'll find out myself when I get home from work ;D

Whiskeybrewer

where does the short they've called Alien : Epilogue fit in the timeline of F&S?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 16, 2016, 04:13:11 PM
Does anyone know if the DHP short is in the collected edition?  if no one knows I'll find out myself when I get home from work ;D

I don't. Be sure to let us know!  :P

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 16, 2016, 04:13:44 PM
where does the short they've called Alien : Epilogue fit in the timeline of F&S?

Well it's just before the medlab stuff in Aliens. So...somewhere in the middle of Aliens F&S? I can't remember the specific dates without looking at the comic.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 16, 2016, 04:13:11 PMDoes anyone know if the DHP short is in the collected edition?  if no one knows I'll find out myself when I get home from work ;D

I remember hearing it wasn't, only the big complete collection, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

426Buddy

426Buddy

i'll let you guys know, i'll be bummed if its not included.

Edit- okay this thing is frikkin huge! I don't think the dhp short is included but I'll have to really give it a good look to be certain.

Corporal Hicks

When you say collected do you mean the big fatass hardback or the individual tbps?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed