Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,152 times)

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 19, 2009, 10:05:41 PM
Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 18, 2009, 11:14:23 PM
I'm finally getting this soon. Better be worth it.

It's f**king excellent, one of the best games of 2008. Think Doom 3 meets Resident Evil.

Couldnt of said it better my self perfect example for a perfect game :)

Xhan

Xhan

Where BFG means BOOT FROM GOD.

Predboy

Predboy

I really want to get this game, but that isn't going to happen until christmas. :'(

Is this game really that good and scary? If so, how scary, I wanna know if the possibility to shit myself will be guaranteed when playing.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 24, 2009, 03:12:09 PM
I really want to get this game, but that isn't going to happen until christmas. :'(

Is this game really that good and scary? If so, how scary, I wanna know if the possibility to shit myself will be guaranteed when playing.

It was my favorite last season for sure.  It brought back old school survival horror where half the fear if because you know there's a horde of twisted shit ahead but you're perpetually on your last clip.

Gotta play it alone in a dark basement.

Predboy

Predboy

Ya know what, I might just do that. Even now, sometimes my basement kinda scares me, usually after I hear about scary stories and such, so it just gets to me. And there's a lot of places down there and you could easily hide in and scare anyone. Plus, no one will hear me scream....that would be the perfect place to play the game in. Sucks that I have to wait until christmas though. Oh well. :(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predboy on Jun 24, 2009, 03:12:09 PM

It is indeed scary, but a lot of times it's closet scares. The first 2-3 times will make you jump, but after a while you become immune to it.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Dead Space would be so much more awesome if all the necros appearances weren't scripted events. It would make it a billion times scarier if it were like L4D, where it was different everytime.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If you play it on impossible, the dudes will follow you around.  Its really more of a scripted intro.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Yeah, thats what I meant. Like the same guys always pop out and the same parts, and that gets tiring.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

To be fair, L4D repeats itself too at times.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Quote from: Deathbearer on Jun 26, 2009, 05:52:35 AM
To be fair, L4D repeats itself too at times.

Good to know.

Nobody

Nobody

L4D doesn't have alien life-forms.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Just finished the game.

Excellent as hell. As for the scares, I turned the music off, and turned the effects volume down. Made it much more bearable. I think the game drew from every major space/alien horror in the last 20 years. Hell, even Event Horizon.

Boss battles were decent, pretty straight forward. Nothing mind-numbingly painful. The asteroid shooting was a pain in the ass though.

Looks like I'll do at least 2 more playthroughs, one to do just one gun. Another to finish off kills with certain weapons.

I'll save impossible for last.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

impossible is a bitch. i can't beat the Leviathan on Impossible.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It needed more boss battles, since there were really only 2 (arguably 4). There's plenty of possibilities for the sequel, mind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed