Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,176 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It only looks slightly futurized because the era when the movies were made. Had they been made today, it would look more Star Trek-y.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I doubt it.  Scott wanted to bring you into a gritty, grimy underbelly of a working class ship in which the trucker in space motif could be instantly recognized.  Which doesn't happen with people all wearing the same thing in an otherwise clean and tidy ship like in dead space.  Even the engineering and mining sections were relatively clean anad thats AFTER everybody has been slaughtered.

Cameron has flat out said he wanted to make things more futuristic, but not get so far out there that its unrelatable to what the audience knows and expects.  Thus he won't set them in the "roman" future either. 

And cameron is making an interstellar space movie next, so we will see.

Some of what Cameron guessed will be wrong of course.  We already have Land Warrior which is at least twice as efficient at relaying information than his system in Aliens was.  People will also have their own mechanical body suits by that time.  Or at least high value soldiers will.

So he would probably make it more advanced knowing what he knows now, but it wouldn't be Star Trek in setting.  ST is too clean for the alien series.

MrLee

MrLee

Imagine if Cameron made a movie adaptation of Dead Space.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It wouldn't work - Cameron's stuff tends to have "happy" endings (even 'The Terminator', where at least Sarah survived and had her son). Dead Space is far from "happy".

John Carpenter could do Dead Space right; he's good at nihilistic, gory, "we're not gonna make it" stories.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 04, 2009, 10:36:37 PM
So he would probably make it more advanced knowing what he knows now, but it wouldn't be Star Trek in setting.  ST is too clean for the alien series.

What I meant was, the tech would be extremely advanced. So instead of MS-DOS-like computer screens and keyboards, everything would be touch screen and be digital up the wazoo.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 05, 2009, 04:50:19 AM
John Carpenter could do Dead Space right; he's good at nihilistic, gory, "we're not gonna make it" stories.

Giddyup. I would so pay money for that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Then I'd agree with that.  I just don't think he'd go the future greek/roman architect way that much of scifi has done lately.  Episode 1, Chronicles of Riddick, Dead Space, etc etc etc.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 04, 2009, 05:16:21 AM
Not the maiming thing.

And all the little glowey blue LED lights that don' t fit in with what has been seen so far in the Aliens universe.  Nor the ship's architecture.

I prefer the Alien trilogies take on the future.  It looks only slightly futurized.

I've never been a fan of the whole, "Humanity advances tech to make it look like ancient roman architecture set 500 years in the future," movement thats become cliche in many scifi stories.

I'm gonna guess you don't like Hello Kitty 40k

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

A rail shooter? For the Wii? Grrrrrrrr...

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

yeah that pisses me off too. Mostly because the Necromorphs weren't the kind of enemy that a rail shooter would work with since in those people tend to aim for body shots.

MrLee

MrLee

i really need to get around to finishing this great game.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm working on impossible..they don't f**king play when they call it impossible.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I'm trying to get all the acheivemnets first before going to impossible. I suppose the game would be alot more scary and intense in that mode, I haven't tried it before.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You can't get all the achievements without playing on Impossible :P

dachande89

dachande89

Saved impossible for last... my g-d that was a truly evil game mode.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I gotta buy a shit load more ammo to beat the Leviathan on Impossible. That bastard's hard DX

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed