Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 611,021 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 14, 2022, 09:39:16 PMNope it's the original. Oil paintings are not normally framed behind glass.

But the varnish should hopefully be able to protect it from the acidity of the tomato.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/oct/14/just-stop-oil-activists-throw-soup-at-van-goghs-sunflowers

Quote"...There is some minor damage to the frame but the painting is unharmed."

The canvas of the painting is protected with a glass screen, a factor Just Stop Oil said they had taken into account.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Vandalizing art with ketchup?  How many different ways can they offend @Kradan with a single act?

Kradan

Kradan

I thought it was a can of tomato soup ? You know, vandalising art with art ?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Close enough.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 14, 2022, 11:08:34 PMVandalizing art with ketchup?  How many different ways can they offend @Kradan with a single act?

Not much room for improvement aside from wearing 'Go Putin!' T-shirts

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 14, 2022, 11:21:35 PMClose enough.

Just like Alien Resurrection is close enough to Aliens

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 14, 2022, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 14, 2022, 11:21:35 PMClose enough.

Just like Alien Resurrection is close enough to Aliens

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 14, 2022, 11:20:10 PMI thought it was a can of tomato soup ? You know, vandalising art with art ?

Ironically enough, they were also protesting the cost of living crisis by wasting food. Could the soup not rather have been donated to a poor family?

Kradan

Kradan

But donating stuff to poor is boooring and doesn't get as much clicks !

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Me right now:

Also me right now:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 14, 2022, 05:58:15 PMThey're probably so f*cking stupid, they thought because it's an oil painting it's bad for the environment.

Btw. Worth reading the comments on that Just Stop Oil tweet that Jack Holder quoted. They totally destroyed themselves with this dumb stunt.

I wonder how many things they own that are made of plastic, and therefore produced from oil.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thinking of trying out therapy at a local psychology center for my family issues.

While I've overcome many internal problems in my life in the last 7 years I think in turn it means I've been less distracted by more external problems such as my parents behaviour that has driven me closer and closer to a sort of "War of Independence".

My 7 year journey started by taking one big ugly horrible look at myself with the support of autism consulting and then proceeding to recover, grow and build up myself from there, my parents in contrast to this day only ever blame everyone BUT themselves, and especially pass judgement on the very people who helped me in my darkest hour, people who did so much more for me then my parents did during that time, hell the most moving thing those who helped me did at first was just TRULY LISTEN, in contrast to my parents who just yell me into submission or guilt trip me with "all that they've done for me" yet they can only cite things that happened decades ago as in the now they're more known for always breaking their word when I need it and then denying that they made such words at all therefore I'm just wrong or making things up, then they act shocked when I prefer to stay in my room alone in my safe space rather than be with them downstairs. Then there's other stuff like that I'm paying rent with less pay, my brother doesn't pay rent with significantly more pay, and my parents being content with that.

If Canada didn't have such a housing crisis I'd happily be living somewhere else on my own which is one of my long term quality of life goals anyway, but that road is hampered by one of said broken promises, Dad promised I could driving practice in for my final road test, I come knocking and he flat out refuses for no reason and it's "final", I need to be able to drive to get better job as better job = my way out.

Don't get me started too on the fact that Dad looks down on his sister who was born his brother as well as one of my step-brothers who is gay.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I hope that your work and therapies allow you to become independent. I'm not from Canada, but I've experienced this...

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 17, 2022, 05:59:06 PM...and then proceeding to recover, grow and build up myself from there, my parents in contrast to this day only ever blame everyone BUT themselves, and especially pass judgement on the very people who helped me in my darkest hour, people who did so much more for me then my parents did during that time, hell the most moving thing those who helped me did at first was just TRULY LISTEN, in contrast to my parents who just yell me into submission or guilt trip me with "all that they've done for me" yet they can only cite things that happened decades ago as in the now they're more known for always breaking their word when I need it and then denying that they made such words at all therefore I'm just wrong or making things up, then they act shocked when I prefer to stay in my room alone in my safe space rather than be with them downstairs. Then there's other stuff like that I'm paying rent with less pay, my brother doesn't pay rent with significantly more pay, and my parents being content with that.

And this. In my case it was my mother, and God knows how much it cost me to convince her to teach me to drive. It was a Nightmare. 😭

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 17, 2022, 05:59:06 PMDad promised I could driving practice in for my final road test, I come knocking and he flat out refuses for no reason and it's "final", I need to be able to drive to get better job as better job = my way out.

And don't get me started on the fact that I'm a queer person raised in a conservative family.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Thanks for your words.

In other news though.

I've never had an Instagram account before at all, made a new account for photo contest reasons, instantly get suspended after entering my code.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

When I hit the "Disagree with Decision" button.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

"We can't give you access to this account or continue to process your request because we haven't received an acceptable image to verify account ownership.

Thanks"

Me:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed