Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,099 times)

SiL

SiL

The spirits of gilted Alien 3 writers have teamed up with the ghost of Kenner to give us this movie, I swear. That, and a liberal dose of Aliens fanboyism.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Why don't we just accept that aliens constantly evolve?  They can create new reproductive systems if they have to.  Maybe some aliens don't.  

I don't really care about it that much anymore.  Yes, it contradicts egg morphing and natural born queens to a large degree.  But all I want is a good movie, not something bogged down in continuity.  It is good if they respect it, but continuity's already been thrown out the window with aliens being on earth, anyway.  

The Chibi Kiriyama

An Alien 5 with no Ripley, no Queen, a single Alien, as directed by Cronenberg...if I get at least one of those, maybe what's turning out to be a bit of an Alien overdose can fade away.

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 05:06:31 AMWhy don't we just accept that aliens constantly evolve?  They can create new reproductive systems if they have to.  Maybe some aliens don't.

When you start making too many methods, you come up to a Eric Red sized issue where the reproduction method just turns into a mess. That's not making the Alien a survivor or multi-faceted. It's making a timeless creature even more bogged down by what will probably turn up in many reviews as a ridiculed addition to the life cycle.

QuoteI don't really care about it that much anymore.  Yes, it contradicts egg morphing and natural born queens to a large degree.  But all I want is a good movie, not something bogged down in continuity.  It is good if they respect it, but continuity's already been thrown out the window with aliens being on earth, anyway.

And that's why, unfortunately, I don't feel as if I need to go see this film to understand how it fits into the previous films. And that's a damn shame, because that's what it's been marketed as for a long time now.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 05:06:31 AM
Why don't we just accept that aliens constantly evolve?  They can create new reproductive systems if they have to.  Maybe some aliens don't.  

I don't really care about it that much anymore.  Yes, it contradicts egg morphing and natural born queens to a large degree.  But all I want is a good movie, not something bogged down in continuity.  It is good if they respect it, but continuity's already been thrown out the window with aliens being on earth, anyway.  
Well said I agree 100% :D

SiL

SiL

I'm surprised they didn't go for Gibson's air-born spores.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 29, 2007, 05:06:31 AM
Why don't we just accept that aliens constantly evolve?

Because...

QuoteYes, it contradicts egg morphing and natural born queens to a large degree.

If this film suddenly brought to light that Predators don't fly through space, but instead slip between dimensions, just as big an outcry would be heard and for very good reason.

QuoteBut all I want is a good movie, not something bogged down in continuity.

Hey, the same here. But we probably wouldn't even be having this debate if the directors had not been trying so hard to impress upon us how they would never dare to drift away from everything gone before.

One good thing to come out of all this is that they're probably making a feature for the DVD, right now, documenting the legendary 100-page+ shitstorm it caused upon AVP Galaxy. :)

C'mon... You just know they've mentioned SiL in the commentary. Probably multiple times.

SiL

SiL

I actually have a bet going on that with a few people. I could be a very poor person next year if I get a mention ;D

As for the 'Who cares about continuity' argument, just go look at the EU. That's what happens when you stop trying to make everything work together harmoniously. It gets real stupid real fast.

SM

SM

Re: Continuity.  Nevermind the EU - do we really want this to become the next Highlander?

(Possibly too late)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 05:29:09 AM(Possibly too late)

"Possibly"? I'm surprised we haven't seen signs of royal jelly yet.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Aliens already changed everything - introduce a Queen, turning the aliens into mindless bugs.  The first Alien was never made with Queens in mind because the xeno's actions don't make sense entirely if it was trying to make a Queen and not just more xenos.  But Aliens is such a great movie that it doesn't matter so much.

If the Bros can make a really good movie - good characters, plot, script, style, music, etc..  Then the whole barfing thing and the designs won't matter so much.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 29, 2007, 05:30:31 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2007, 05:29:09 AM(Possibly too late)

"Possibly"? I'm surprised we haven't seen signs of royal jelly yet.

Royal jelly is probably better than queen morphing.  I mean, bees do it so it must be good.

SM

SM

Yeah, Killer Space Bees FTW!!!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 05:13:15 AM
I'm surprised they didn't go for Gibson's air-born spores.

This may sound weird, but I actually liked that script.  While I'm well aware it wouldn't make a good Aliens movie, I think it'd be a decent sci fi movie in itself.

With some rework done of course.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteYeah, Killer Space Bees FTW!!!!

Woohoo, Futurama!

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 29, 2007, 05:53:18 AM
QuoteYeah, Killer Space Bees FTW!!!!

Woohoo, Futurama!

We really need an "all revealed to be a hallucination" ending to this anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed