Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,096 times)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Is it so hard to imagine that maybe the Queen loses this ability once it grows up a bit more?

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 03:36:52 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 03:33:28 AM
So, I see the negativity has died down a fair bit just as it usually does following a visit from Colin.

And, as usual, his soothing words have calmed the savage beasts, but provided little actual reason for the reassurance.

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?   

Good post Uncanny. I really don't know what to say or think about the new lifecycle.
My stance aswell. Though I'd rather wait and see what it looks like on-screen before I judge it.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:40:14 AM
Is it so hard to imagine that maybe the Queen loses this ability once it grows up a bit more?

Not at all. The issue is with why it would even need such a function in the first place.

Gates

Gates

So, I see the negativity has died down a fair bit just as it usually does following a visit from Colin.

And, as usual, his soothing words have calmed the savage beasts, but provided little actual reason for the reassurance.   

Not all of us have changed our minds...I, for one, am just tired of arguing at this stage...so here I am high as fu<k and trying to be friendly for a change... ;D

But please continue the good fight Antman...you'll soon realize you won't change anyone's mind on it... ;)

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:08:11 PM
Egg morphing hasn't been seen used since 1979. How is that just using the same old stuff over and over?

With all due respect to you I always thought that the egg morphing thing was a stupid idea.  I'm glad it was cut out of Alien and I hope it never is introduced.  On the flipside I am beginning to agree with you that this vomiting thing is just too far removed from the original cycle.  I like the superfacehugger more.  I think that is a much more logical method of protection for the queen considering that the superfacehugger can create several aliens.  I think that would have been a better way to do this than the vomiting thing.  There should have been a regular queen in this movie and the Predalien should have been just a regular Predalien.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

If it aint broke.....DON'T FIX IT!  >:(

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 27, 2007, 03:42:31 AM
There should have been a regular queen in this movie and the Predalien should have been just a regular Predalien.

Exactly.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 03:40:53 AM

We were all in a tizzy, "They PredAlien reproduces by puking into our mouth!" we cried!  Many thought it was a crappy idea, and said so.  "No, not in my mouth!"

Colin says, "Don't worry, it's cool.  We made up a new stage to the life cycle."  (Even though they strongly implied in Fango that they hadn't.)  "We totally surprised you.  This horrible idea is good.  It's not a horrible idea.  You can go about your business.  Move along."

And this does the trick?  All he did was confirm that this crap is real.  Truly, horribly real.

I think my biggest problem with the concept is the idea that a "young Queen" is somehow defenseless, and needs to make puke babies before nesting.  An Alien is crazy-deadly, a Queen moreso...so why would a young Queen be some kind of defenseless 'thing' that can't look after itself long enough to start makin' eggs?

It doesn't feel like a natural stage, either.  If you can multiply by blasting embryos straight into victims, why would your next stage complicate the process by adding two extra stages?   

Good post Uncanny. I really don't know what to say or think about the new lifecycle.
My stance aswell. Though I'd rather wait and see what it looks like on-screen before I judge it.
I'm sure it'll look awesome, but it still doesn't fit.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:43:02 AM

Maybe. For now, however, I will wait to judge it when I see it.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 03:44:19 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:43:02 AM

Maybe. For now, however, I will wait to judge it when I see it.
Agreed. ;)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 03:41:39 AM

Not at all. The issue is with why it would even need such a function in the first place.
So, you're saying it makes more sense for a young, vulnerable queen to build a hive herself and leave herself unguarded until she lays eggs, rather than create several smaller Aliens to guard her and build the hive around her as she ages and starts to lay eggs?

genocyber

genocyber

you know,their was a time when chestbursters themselves were considered a stupid idea.I say,give it a chance and stop whining for now.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

There's still hope.

Please AVP gods...please let this whole vomiting thing be translate into a deleted scene.
:'(

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 03:41:39 AM

So, you're saying it makes more sense for a young, vulnerable queen to build a hive herself and leave herself unguarded until she lays eggs, rather than create several smaller Aliens to guard her and build the hive around her as she ages and starts to lay eggs?
I think your missing the point. There are better alternatives to this idea if this situation did arise.

AB2K

AB2K

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 03:41:58 AM

Not all of us have changed our minds...I, for one, am just tired of arguing at this stage...so here I am high as fu<k and trying to be friendly for a change... ;D

But please continue the good fight Antman...you'll soon realize you won't change anyone's mind on it... ;)

OMG! I Feel You Bro.!  ;)

wolfboy

wolfboy

So what do you want us to do? Cry more? The movies already finished filming. You can bitch now and wait to watch the movie then bitch some more... or you can come on here and bitch everyday until the movie comes out for more attention if you're inclined to do so. Most people choose the former.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed