Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,067 times)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:41:59 AM
Just cos Colin's a filmmaker, and filmmaking is tough as nails rolled in concrete, doesn't make his ideas any less stupid in my eyes. I have a tendency to call a spade a spade and see no reason why Colin should get any preferential treatment when it comes to talking about his ideas.

Agreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.

Invisible Darkness

I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen reaches full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. Facehuggers are a far more efficient to populate. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
Agreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.
See? Isn't he great folks?

Just ... please, for the love of God. Don't make AvP 3.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AMAgreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.

I must say, that's a pretty amicable response amidst the negativity. 8)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
See? Isn't he great folks?

Just ... please, for the love of God. Don't make AvP 3.

I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:11:10 PM
The Queen's messed-up nature only came into play the end, after she'd gone through her natural reproductive process.

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:09:37 PM
I love how something is "lame-ass" when you haven't seen it at all.
Barf goes the PredAlien into the person's mouth, with all loving close-ups of icky goo and someone being forced to swallow.

Really. Gimme egg morphing any day.
One problem there, genius; the egg morphing was cut from the OFFICIAL film, it's not canon, it was the DIRECTOR's take on the movie, which last time I checked, isn't canon either, therefore Colin is not forced to use it, since it is not official continuity, is he?  ::) Boy, you really need to do your homework, SiL.

And someone before mentioned how it wasn't hard for the runner alien in A3 to defend the queen, OF COURSE IT WASN'T! You think a bunch UN-ARMED prisoners are going to put up that much of a fight? Hell, most of them were killed trying the lure the damn thing into the furnace. If it had been facing against CMs, it would've gotten it's ass blown off.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:47 AM
I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen reaches full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. Facehuggers are a far more efficient to populate. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.
Because it's a concept that isn't needed. Particularly in this case.

Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:30 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:11:10 PM
The Queen's messed-up nature only came into play the end, after she'd gone through her natural reproductive process.

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:09:37 PM
I love how something is "lame-ass" when you haven't seen it at all.
Barf goes the PredAlien into the person's mouth, with all loving close-ups of icky goo and someone being forced to swallow.

Really. Gimme egg morphing any day.
One problem there, genius; the egg morphing was cut from the OFFICIAL film, it's not canon, it was the DIRECTOR's take on the movie, which last time I checked, isn't canon either, therefore Colin is not forced to use it, since it is not official continuity, are he?  ::) Boy, you really need to your homework, SiL.

And someone before mentioned how it wasn't hard for the runner alien in A3 to defend the queen, OF COURSE IT WASN'T! You think a bunch UN-ARMED prisoners are going to put up that much of a fight? Hell, most of them were killed trying the lure the damn thing into the furnace. If it had been facing against CMs, it would've gotten it's ass blown off.
Truly.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:07 AM
I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?
Dude, what a f**king stupid idea!

The Predators should obviously have Aliens on a leash. And a collar. Ever see The Running Man? They go past a certain point, boom, their heads explode.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:58:11 AM

The Predators should obviously have Aliens on a leash. And a collar. Ever see The Running Man? They go past a certain point, boom, their heads explode.
He's just playing, man. lol

Gremlien

Gremlien

A Queen wasn't needed either, but it's since been accepted. And SiL...you know what the word "joke" means, right?

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:58:11 AM

See, we can come together and make magic....or something. :)

Gates

Gates

Great...that's all the predator fans need to see to fully masturbate the night away ...Jedi-Predators... ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:30 AM
One problem there, genius; the egg morphing was cut from the OFFICIAL film, it's not canon, it was the DIRECTOR's take on the movie, which last time I checked, isn't canon either, therefore Colin is not forced to use it, since it is not official continuity, are he?  ::) Boy, you really need to do your homework, SiL.
...I'm gonna ignore the last part.

But still, egg morphing was established in 1979. Random New Barfing Technique is entirely superfluous and nowhere near as good an idea. I don't need to see it to know it's not as layered as what the morphing brings to the table.

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:59:05 AM
See, we can come together and make magic....or something. :)
Tell you what. I write, you direct. We'd make billions.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I don't expect you Predator guys to understand...however, if you look at this from our perspective, how would you feel?

Let's say that AVP:R makes it so that Predators reproduce the same way as this new abomination, and the Predalien derived this new ability because of the Preds. Would you simply accept this? Probably not, even though this is the best explanation for this new ability. We have never seen an alien do this kinda crap before. Not once in 5 movies, so why start now?

This whole concept was totally ill advised.
Sure it's just a movie, but to some of us it's a hobby.

The Chibi Kiriyama

SiL's just playing, too. :D

Still, though...telekenisis is cool, mind-blowing Preds non-withstanding. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed