Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,085 times)

TLDaniel

TLDaniel

did you forget that there are two facehuggers in the movie.....that most definitely means that there are at least 2 aliens that were born according to the normal cycle.....in other words who the hell laid those eggs.....predalien?, queen alien?...wait until the movie comes out

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 08:08:15 AM
wtf? This better be just some idiot at fox f**king with us, or else this sucks royal ballsack. The predalien better not regurgitate embryos into people's mouths. That is totally f**king with the life cycle hands down. Egg morphing although somewhat controversial, is still reasonable especially when compared to this shit.

go here:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/l071025-avp2/flash.htm

then pic 4 as the topic starter said.

At least there might be a slight chance that the "regurgitating" is just what starts the egg morphing process instead of a tail injecting dna, but hey that's already changing the official reproductive cycle of the aliens.  >:(

Stalker

Stalker

The idea that a developing Queen is able to spawn guards doesn't contradict what we've seen in any of the films so far, if anything, as I mentioned earlier, it adds a second angle to egg-morphing. The morphed hosts could very well be the result of the regurgitation embryo implantation, spawning guards rather than a Queen herself.

Although this puts the "super-facehugger" in an awkward position as well, since egg-morphing was supposedly meant to be the method by which they were created, although we've seen evidence that a Queen can lay an egg to produce a super-facehugger in order to spawn a second colony of aliens & further populate the species, so that fills in the gap fairly well.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 12:57:30 AM
Yeah, but you've been showing such an asinine attitude towards Colin! I have never seen such disregaurd and disrespect-- literally by saying that his vision is sucky on a message board where he frequents to have a pleasant interaction with the fans (which I am ashamed of those whom call themselves "fans")? What?! How can you have the gall to even do that?
Why should I respect him any more than I respect the fans who think Steve Perry's Aliens novels should be held as canon? It's great that he comes here and talks to people - I appreciate and respect that - but it hardly outweighs the fact that I flat-out think his ideas are ridiculous, and just like any other person I feel no need to pussyfoot around saying so.

QuoteSeriously Sil.... judge the movie after you see it.
Their advertisement has failed to make me want to see the film. The advertisement exists to reel me in and it has solidly failed in doing so.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: TLDaniel on Oct 27, 2007, 01:09:29 AM
did you forget that there are two facehuggers in the movie.....that most definitely means that there are at least 2 aliens that were born according to the normal cycle.....in other words who the hell laid those eggs.....predalien?, queen alien?...wait until the movie comes out

The facehuggers come from tubes within the scout ship. The PredAlien comes from Scar, whose body was on the AVP ship.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 27, 2007, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 01:04:48 AM

I'll have to convince myself that the Predalien got this trait from the Predators.   :-[

....No, just no.

-Rakai'Thwei

LOL.... too late.  ::)

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 01:07:31 AM

yeah a developing queen having a temporary reproductive cycle just as efficient as laying eggs? That doesn't make too much sense. If this was an ability a lone alien had and could molt into a queen, then why did the alien in the DC of the first film, have to egg morph someone? It f**ks with the reproductive cycle way too much.

Yes. I like you.

Super-Facehuggers would have been a better way to go.

Gates

Gates

I love how some of the defenders of this retardation have skipped over my above post...and decided to go with the most complex and illogical fan-made, bullsh!t excuses for why this abomination (predalien) can vomit embryos...

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: TLDaniel on Oct 27, 2007, 01:09:29 AM

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 08:08:15 AM
wtf? This better be just some idiot at fox f**king with us, or else this sucks royal ballsack. The predalien better not regurgitate embryos into people's mouths. That is totally f**king with the life cycle hands down. Egg morphing although somewhat controversial, is still reasonable especially when compared to this shit.

go here:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/l071025-avp2/flash.htm

then pic 4 as the topic starter said.

At least there might be a slight chance that the "regurgitating" is just what starts the egg morphing process instead of a tail injecting dna, but hey that's already changing the official reproductive cycle of the aliens.  >:(

obviously those eggs were laid by a previously held captive queen, before it was send to a hunting site on some planet, maybe they were gathered from the queen in the first avp film.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

This is the "NEWBORN" all over again.   :'(

SiL

SiL

No, the Newborn made sense.

Private Hudson

I'm gonna cry, I'm just gonna cry, regurgitating into peoples mouths? Oh and I agree:
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 01:18:02 AM
This is the "NEWBORN" all over again.   :'(

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:49:41 PM
How does it show what happened to Lambert?

The Alien in that movie wasn't a young Queen.

Where do you think the queen came from in Aliens? Perhaps one of the domiant warriors became a young and queen and started the process. The simple fact is that it has never been shown before, so what are you arguing about?
Uh, no. The derelict was investigated and there were quite a few eggs laying around if you recall. Obiously someone was impregnated with a queen. Alien 3 blatantly demostrated that queens are queens from birth.

Private Hudson

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 01:23:42 AM
Uh, no. The derelict was investigated and there were quite a few eggs laying around if you recall. Obiously someone was impregnated with a queen. Alien 3 blatantly demostrated that queens are queens from birth.
[/quote] 

Exactly.

DB

DB

This is worse than the Newborn.

So the Aliens skip the eggs and facehuggers now? I don't get it. Why the hell would the Aliens bother having eggs and facehuggers if, essentially, the adults could do the exact same shit without the hassle and tussle of having to bring people to their nest and taking care of eggs, ect.?

The Aliens must be a bunch of dumbasses. They could just kill their Queens, and have these Pre-Queen things run around barfing into people. So what if she dies? Just have some other moron molt.

It'd be like starfish hacking off their limbs to keep increasing their numbers. They don't do it because they ain't that smart. Guess the Aliens aren't, either.

PredJaspert

PredJaspert

i think that we should be thankful that the director even bothers to post in the forums, they usually dont do that so regardless if you like or dont like his ideas, the fact that he is posting in this forum and taking shit by many of you should be appreciated. The idea of the face rapeing is new and intresting, its something that has never been seen before so i will be looking foward to it. When you think it through its not a bad idea. A queen with no drones would be very vunerable in a hostile evironment so she has to find a way to produce drones and keep movile so face raping a victim would solve this two problems. Why doesnt she face rapes latter? becouse she has already drones to defend her and she can use all her energys to produce new aliens instead of running around looking for a host for her embryos. thanks Colin for your time we really appreciate it, my only concern for now is that the predators mandibles close properly, i hope you have fixed that.

SiL

SiL

As I keep saying.

Aliens farting lightning bolts would be new and, let's face it, interesting. Doesn't mean it should ever happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed