Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,064 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:50 PM
I guess Sil just wants simple Bugs.... how sad.
Or maybe I want directors who pay attention to the films?

Is that too much to ask?

I may not like Alien Resurrection, but I'm not going to ignore the fact it pretty much blatantly said the Queen can't reproduce until she's all grown up. We already have egg morphing, which is more than alien and creepy enough, yet you feel it's necessary to come up with lame-ass barfing?

Egg morphing is alien. Barfing is something out of Futuram.
Sil watch alien and stay awake during Ash's speechs...he calls them adaptable...ultimate adapability having multiple ways to reproduce...

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:50 PM
I guess Sil just wants simple Bugs.... how sad.
Or maybe I want directors who pay attention to the films?

Is that too much to ask?

I may not like Alien Resurrection, but I'm not going to ignore the fact it pretty much blatantly said the Queen can't reproduce until she's all grown up. We already have egg morphing, which is more than alien and creepy enough, yet you feel it's necessary to come up with lame-ass barfing?

Egg morphing is alien. Barfing is something out of Futuram.

How could they see a young Queen could reproduce like that ? The Queen was hold captive for god's sake. So they only knew of the egg cycle...

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

I love how something is "lame-ass" when you haven't seen it at all.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 09:04:54 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:40:45 PM
A queen needs to build it's army to protect her before making herself mostly defenseless when laying eggs. We have now established what that phase it.

If the predalien can defend itself against a skilled, and battle scarred predator with advanced weaponry, How would it need other aliens to defend it? Besides this other reproductive method is going to produce all the aliens in the film, meaning the predalien delays laying eggs for that long? huh? You'd think by the time there were at least 10-20 aliens that some could stay behind to defend her in the hive.
I doubt the process should take this long for a queen to fully mature. Considering that within hours a chestburster molts into a fully grown adult, and also that the aliens have lost the smooth cowls and have the ridged heads, that the queen would be almost completely fully grown halfway through the film.

If she's sitting there breeding she surely wouldn't just want to stand up and kill whoever's in the hive. She has a lot of Alien warriors to defend it while she's producing more eggs. And the more Aliens the better for her and the hive ;)

If one alien in alien 3 was enough defense for the queen that would be born and took out a shitload of people. Why are the two warrior aliens born from the hunter and his son not sufficient. One could stay behind in the hive, while the other grabs hosts. Don't tell me bullshit about people having guns and being more numerous than the aliens, because neither of those things would affect the aliens natural instincts.
The Queen wasen't born yet so that's y

SMJ

SMJ

And the A:R queen wouldnt have laid eggs before anyway, it would have puked into people and they had her contained so they didnt know that

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 09:09:37 PM

Exactly!!! Jeez!

Johnny Handsome

hey, they have seen the trailer, thats enough for them.
They can judge it now.

SiL

SiL

The Queen's messed-up nature only came into play the end, after she'd gone through her natural reproductive process.

Barf goes the PredAlien into the person's mouth, with all loving close-ups of icky goo and someone being forced to swallow.

Really. Gimme egg morphing any day.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 09:10:34 PM
And the A:R queen wouldnt have laid eggs before anyway, it would have puked into people and they had her contained so they didnt know that

Just like I said ;D

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:08:42 PM
I may not like Alien Resurrection, but I'm not going to ignore the fact it pretty much blatantly said the Queen can't reproduce until she's all grown up.
Then again, she had human DNA, hell, at the end of the movie she wasnt even laying eggs anymore.
You should spend more attention sil.

um.. that didn't mainfest itself until later in her development, for a while she had a normal egg laying cycle that was untainted for the most part. So it wouldn't change the fact that a queen doesn't necessarily have a cycle of any reproduction before it grows into an adult. That is just making shit up, 100% non-canon. in fact none of the comics even do anything like that.(and they have stupid shit, like royal jelly.etc.)

Major Alan Schaefer

We've never seen this time period in a hives or Queens life so its an open field

Johnny Handsome

QuoteReally. Gimme egg morphing any day.
I like the other idea more.

SMJ

SMJ

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: SMJ on Oct 26, 2007, 09:10:34 PM

Just like I said ;D

yeah i saw that right after i posted lol

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 09:12:11 PM
We've never seen this time period in a hives or Queens life so its an open field

Exactly my point.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:12:24 PM
QuoteReally. Gimme egg morphing any day.
I like the other idea more.
I like both  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed