Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 214,194 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Aye, fingers crossed he gets to direct at least one episode of Blade Runner 2099 and, here's hoping, an episode of this new Alien show as well, assuming it is prequel-based, and assuming it does end up being a real thing.

I'd imagine he likely won't be personally directing any episodes of Hawley's series (especially with his own Gladiator sequel shoot halted indefinitely due to the strikes, so who knows what his schedule is going to be like once production on that is able to resume).

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 24, 2023, 04:39:25 PMAye, fingers crossed he gets to direct at least one episode of Blade Runner 2099 and, here's hoping, an episode of this new Alien show as well, assuming it is prequel-based, and assuming it does end up being a real thing.

I'd imagine he likely won't be personally directing any episodes of Hawley's series (especially with his own Gladiator sequel shoot halted indefinitely due to the strikes, so who knows what his schedule is going to be like once production on that is able to resume).

Agreed. He's probably just giving a gentleman's nod at Hawley's show and collecting a check. Let's just have Ridley direct as much as possible while we still got the man!

ralfy

Just get good writers. That'll do.

Kane's other son

It's possible that the Alien show, like Fargo, is an anthology and season 2 will have ties to Covenant.

chrisr232007

Ignore Prometheus and Covenant please!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Aug 26, 2023, 01:00:11 PMIgnore Prometheus and Covenant please!

It's going to, but if you didn't like what those did, you'll hate this even more.

skhellter

Ridley trying to turn Alien Destiny into a limited show makes sense...

He's already spearheading the move to turn Blade Runner into a tv show.

Fairly optimistic that there's some grain of truth behind that rumour.

lv_226

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 27, 2023, 10:53:00 AMRidley trying to turn Alien Destiny into a limited show makes sense...

I've seen a handful of mentions about Alien:Destiny. Was this a cancelled project?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: lv_226 on Aug 28, 2023, 01:09:28 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Aug 27, 2023, 10:53:00 AMRidley trying to turn Alien Destiny into a limited show makes sense...

I've seen a handful of mentions about Alien:Destiny. Was this a cancelled project?

That was the title being used internally for Ridley Scott's Covenant followup, at the time of its cancelation.

Thatguy2068

Does everybody have hope for this TV show? I know it's way early but  based on the leaks do you guy have hope that this will be good?

Local Trouble

We have a couple of Antipodeans here who might be somewhat less than enthused.

[cancerblack]

I'm one of them, and I think it's going to be well shot and convey the emotions of its characters well, but is basically an unrelated sci fi show with a wildly different tone, with Aliens thrown into a few episodes as far as I can tell so far. What we know so far about the setting and story really strikes me as Elysium x Species more than anything at all in the Alien series.

Some Old Dude

I'm down for the ridiculousness of what I'm hearing, I just don't get why it needs to be a prequel to Alien and not set post 2179.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Sep 04, 2023, 10:00:28 PMI just don't get why it needs to be a prequel to Alien and not set post 2179.

This is the main thing that's perplexing me right now. I'm sure there's some big reason that we don't know of yet that accounts for why it has to be set pre-Alien, but so far, nothing has come to light that's given us the rationale on that decision.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2023, 10:08:58 PMI'm sure there's some big reason that we don't know of yet

Lol

Lmao

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed