New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 119,337 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2020, 10:44:38 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 20, 2020, 09:37:29 PM
What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Alien isn't dead either. We can confirm that too.  ;) :P

Ooooohhhh now this is the news I crave. 8)

CgiMascotPestControl

CgiMascotPestControl

The Disneyfied (well, Marvelfied) Predator sucked in 2018 and I have no hopes for this one either. Will not waste money on this.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: CgiMascotPestControl on Nov 20, 2020, 11:31:54 PM
The Disneyfied (well, Marvelfied) Predator sucked in 2018 and I have no hopes for this one either. Will not waste money on this.
Disney only acquired Fox in 2019, that movie came in 2018 and it's production started in 2016 and filming in 2017

CgiMascotPestControl

CgiMascotPestControl

Cool story, Spinelli. It was still a shitty attempt to Marvelize The Predator, it still sucked, and this one will too.

Huggs

2020 has lasted so long, we're already getting the next Predator movie.

George

Alien, Predator and Deadpool are on their way through the hands of Disney. Nothing can match less with Disney than these franchises.

seattle24

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 20, 2020, 11:59:43 PM
2020 has lasted so long, we're already getting the next Predator movie.

Truest most in-context comment in the thread.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: George on Nov 21, 2020, 12:00:20 AM
Alien, Predator and Deadpool are on their way through the hands of Disney. Nothing can match less with Disney than these franchises.

Disney has had plenty of studios that made R-rated films under its umbrella in the past.

I'm more concerned about Disney monopolizing the entertainment industry than I am with them making R-rated movies.

426Buddy

What the hell. This came out of nowhere, its like that dead horse that has been beaten just got back up somehow. And this is happening before any news about the next alien movie. Oh well. That's whats happens when you leave the series fate on Ridley's hands

Hot damn! You've been holding out on us Hicks! :laugh:

RememberShaneBlack?

RememberShaneBlack?

There's a certain pattern to these things. A new Alien and/or Predator movie is announced. Everyone's excited. Then news starts pouring in about the cast, the crew, the plot. People react to the news, be they leaks or official releases in two ways. Either they're concerned because the movie being made sounds like total ass...or they're 100% totally convinced that this movie will be the greatest thing since the originals, will dave the franchise, and anyone with the slightest bit of doubt is just an idiot troll who must be driven from the board.

Then the movie comes out, it sucks, it flops and the franchise is declared dead until the next movie is released.

It happened before and it will happen again. You're all going to deny it.

But it'll happen.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: CgiMascotPestControl on Nov 20, 2020, 11:57:22 PM
Cool story, Spinelli. It was still a shitty attempt to Marvelize The Predator, it still sucked, and this one will too.
Sure sure, it was Marvel's fault not Shane's lol

Prez

HELLOOOOO

razeak

I think it's awesome news. Male/female, I don't care.  That isn't to say there aren't mary Sues(or the male equivalent.) We don't need that from either sex because it basically means there isn't any character development. 

Huntsman

I honestly thought the franchise was dead after TP.

Get a proper script and don't screw it up. This is a bonus chance to finally make things right.

Highland

Well didn't expect that, but we've been here before lots of times. I dig the female lead, about time we shook that up a bit. One thing that slightly worries me is the idea of a Predator wanting to hunt Native Americans, the Predator tech 100% has to go in favor of traditional hunting ( perhaps the challenge is to build weapons from materials).

If they make it so that the female is somehow hunting the Predator.....that could work and I like that thought. If it's plasma casters vs bows and horses we got problems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed