Riddick (Read 162,982 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Jun 08, 2008, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 08, 2008, 05:01:40 AM
Quote from: wolfboy22 on Jun 08, 2008, 03:35:16 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 08, 2008, 03:32:28 AM
New Riddick movie? Awesome.

First off, Pitch Black was ok. Great characters, great story and dialogue, but! A story like Pitch Black and these type of characters belong in a film which has over the top action scenes and is loaded with suspense. Pitch didn't have those two vital elements I felt, it was ok but could have been waaaay better I thought!

It had so much potential it could have been as good as Alien. It just wasn't as scary as it should have been and the action scenes in Pitch Black sucked....wow did they suck. Lots of potential though....but it wasn't a bad movie.

Chronicles Of Riddick on the other hand ruled! Great special effects, over the top action scenes, great characters and fantastic set designs :o

I just hope the next Riddick can atleast live up to the last one.

Dude your like the only Chronicles Of Riddick fan

Nah, I'm one too.

I'm not a fan but i like Chronicles of Riddick then Pitch Black. I like the story in Chronicles of Riddick better then Pitch Black.

CoR had a good story, but like Eido said a while back, it was too much, too soon.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: sweeteyes on Jun 08, 2008, 10:39:07 AM
Yeh...good on you SS...we need to stick up for this remake! ;)

And youre all fussy males.... ::)

How is wanting a good film being fussy?

wolfboy22

wolfboy22

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 08, 2008, 05:01:40 AM
Quote from: wolfboy22 on Jun 08, 2008, 03:35:16 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 08, 2008, 03:32:28 AM
New Riddick movie? Awesome.

First off, Pitch Black was ok. Great characters, great story and dialogue, but! A story like Pitch Black and these type of characters belong in a film which has over the top action scenes and is loaded with suspense. Pitch didn't have those two vital elements I felt, it was ok but could have been waaaay better I thought!

It had so much potential it could have been as good as Alien. It just wasn't as scary as it should have been and the action scenes in Pitch Black sucked....wow did they suck. Lots of potential though....but it wasn't a bad movie.

Chronicles Of Riddick on the other hand ruled! Great special effects, over the top action scenes, great characters and fantastic set designs :o

I just hope the next Riddick can atleast live up to the last one.

Dude your like the only Chronicles Of Riddick fan

Nah, I'm one too.

The only two fans ::)

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

i quite liked chronicles...mainly for the fantastic design and look,almost a modern day blade runner...ALMOST hehe in visual terms anyway.

vins new film babylon AD looks good for visual design again too...i wonder what it is with vin that he keeps getting involved in good looking films....even fast n furious looked good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Most of his major films are very special FX heavy which takes away from everything else. That's the problem.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: severen76 on Jun 08, 2008, 03:00:55 PM

You all never like anything... ::) It has to be this way, or that way ...a certain way for you guys to like any movie... ::)

Nightwalker is the only guy talking sense! ;) and yes, Im a Vin fan...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: sweeteyes on Jun 09, 2008, 03:19:30 AM
Quote from: severen76 on Jun 08, 2008, 03:00:55 PM

You all never like anything... ::) It has to be this way, or that way ...a certain way for you guys to like any movie... ::)

Nightwalker is the only guy talking sense! ;) and yes, Im a Vin fan...

When did he give any sort of indication he doesn't like anything? All he pretty much said was that he doesn't care for unnecessary visuals.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

u all should know i dislike too much cgi but some films do need alot of visual effects.
blade runner for instance...again.

vins sci-fi films have required alot....especially chronicles,its kinda like a modern day dune now i think about it...very ambitious and ahead of itself maybe.it was alittle confusing if i remember....lots of strange characters and an 'outthere' plot,but like dune and runner its visuals make the film really,they are needed.

as i said i quite liked it for that reason really....i like it when people try to stretch the ideas and styles of a film...thats why i love tim burton.his work is getting very iconic now but he always takes a concept and twists it to his own fraky vision,brilliant,if yr goth hehe

chronicles was like that....they took a sci-fi event film and tried to change it,shape it and make it into something different and unique,not like run of the mill sci-fi action romps......eg.fifth element (apart from the costume design),star treks,avp2 etc...

ok it flopped abit but the effort was there to see.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

The only reason I got into CoR was because of Butcher Bay, great game.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 10, 2008, 01:48:55 AM

Yes, youre 100% correct... 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 10, 2008, 01:48:55 AM

Same, I saw the film after I beat the game.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Pitch Black 7/10 - Great visuals, Rahda Mitchell (she's hotness  :-* ) but Vin Diesel is the worst actor I've ever seen in my life, monsters were ok but nothing that great.

Chronicles 6/10 - Great visuals, but it was PG-13 (haven't seen unrated version) and some dumb plot about Necromongers and Vin Diesel becoming a king, wtf.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Btw, anyone ever wonder how the hell they talked Dame Judi Dench into CoR? Wtf was she thinking?

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 12, 2008, 09:16:29 AM
Btw, anyone ever wonder how the hell they talked Dame Judi Dench into CoR? Wtf was she thinking?

She was awesome.... 8)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Awesome as she may have been, this movie seems to be below her as an actress of her class.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed