Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 162,552 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yup :'(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That was so f**king sad when it happened.

I think it mirrored Vin's actual dog that has died during production, or something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 23, 2013, 11:52:37 AM
Yup. The build up as perfect, and
Spoiler
when Riddick threw the knife (within five seconds, just as he promised) and then kicked over the box to catch the head, I couldn't contain myself.
[close]

Definitely the best bit in the movie.

Ah, now I remember. That was epic 8)

Quote from: Omegazilla on Sep 23, 2013, 12:12:07 PM
That was so f**king sad when it happened.

I think it mirrored Vin's actual dog that has died during production, or something.

Yeah that was brutal. I was hoping he'd make it to the end.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, I kind of wanted him to take the dog and use it on Vaako.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But he left Helion Prime before getting the dog...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Would have been cool if he was able to take the dog off-world with him.

Anyone else wish we got to see more of that flying thing from the very beginning? The one in all the trailers and whatnot.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 23, 2013, 02:54:02 PM
But he left Helion Prime before getting the dog...

I meant going after Vaako for double crossing him, and then getting the dingo dongo to chew on him a bit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Vaako didn't come to the planet with him.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 23, 2013, 04:58:47 PM
Anyone else wish we got to see more of that flying thing from the very beginning? The one in all the trailers and whatnot.
Yep yep. Maybe a bigger version.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 24, 2013, 11:58:11 AM

Riddick wasn't there either at the end, was he?

Eva

Eva

The Riddick saga seems to be a bit similar to what happened with The Matrix. The standalone first film became such a hit that the filmmakers expanded big time on the mythology, tone, action pieces and character gallery in the sequel(s) - much more than what is warranted from watching that first gem of a movie. Sometimes, it just happens to elevate the material into a 'genre' or titanic size where it doesn't feel like it belongs...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 24, 2013, 01:02:58 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 24, 2013, 11:58:11 AM

Riddick wasn't there either at the end, was he?

What do you mean?

Quote from: Eva on Sep 24, 2013, 09:07:08 PM
The Riddick saga seems to be a bit similar to what happened with The Matrix. The standalone first film became such a hit that the filmmakers expanded big time on the mythology, tone, action pieces and character gallery in the sequel(s) - much more than what is warranted from watching that first gem of a movie. Sometimes, it just happens to elevate the material into a 'genre' or titanic size where it doesn't feel like it belongs...

I'm not sure the comparison is entirely valid because The Matrix: Reloaded logically followed from the first film so at least there were some ties that could be established. If you don't count Dark Fury, going from Pitch Black to CoR is almost like watching two different movies because without Dark Fury, CoR doesn't make much sense.

Aspie

Aspie

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Riddick surpasses it's production budget domestically, and has earned an addition 37 million internationally.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Once this has finished its run on cinemas and sells well (because we all know it will) on DVD & blu-ray, we're so getting a sequel.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 26, 2013, 12:16:43 AM
Once this has finished its run on cinemas and sells well (because we all know it will) on DVD & blu-ray, we're so getting a sequel.

yep yep yep.

Plus it was one of those quasi-independent films, so the marketing budget is probably non-existent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed