Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 163,011 times)

Keg

Keg

They included too much, too soon into chronicles of riddick. that film itself could and probably should have been stretched out into an entire trilogy, or at least the first 2 parts of it. The first film could have been Riddick on the run across the galaxy with Toombs on his trail. The necromonger stuff could have been slowly introduced and worked as a sort of background mystery throughout, not really coming to much plotwise. Just lingering there in the background.

The second film could have been set on crematoria and things start to get interesting from here regarding the necromongers. While riddick was on crematoria the necromongers could have taken helion prime. The final film could have then moved onto the necromongers and furya fully, with an all out war erupting, ending with Riddick taking down Colm Feore. This way the first two films could have been kept similar in tone to pitch black, slowly changing into the big epic finale.

As it stands theres a huge jump between pitch black and COR. It could have been done gradually. I commend them for trying because they really where going for a sort of adult star wars kinda thing. Creating scenarios, enemies, worlds, races etc, but they did it too fast. I still love the film but the ending of Riddick should have been the ending of the trilogy. Leave it on that awesome cliff hanger of "you keep what you kill" for ever.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The jump is somewhat forgivable if you watch Dark Fury, which was a really good flick. It sets up the character of Toombs nicely. Though I agree with just about everything you said.

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 10, 2010, 04:43:05 AM
The jump is somewhat forgivable if you watch Dark Fury, which was a really good flick. It sets up the character of Toombs nicely. Though I agree with just about everything you said.

yeah, i agree, but i also agree with keg that more than a movie's worth of stuff happens between the end of PB and the end of CoR they probably could have stretched it out into 2 full movies instead of a 25 minute cartoon and a movie.

i understand why it was done though, because it was a big budget action movie as a sequel to a low budget r rated action/horror. there's no way that the producers would risk the writer/director making 2 movies, and the riddick character is his "baby" and he wanted to get as much story in as possible.

Keg

Keg

I didnt see Dark Fury until a few months ago but its great. Now I just want a finale to the two games which ends with Riddick getting recaptured by Johns and him getting put into cryo sleep. Cue Pitch Black.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

More games will most likely only happen if this new movie is a success.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 10, 2010, 08:44:41 PM
More games will most likely only happen if this new movie is a success.

well they brought out assault on dark athena last year and there hasnt been a movie in sight before or after it for years. but if it does do well then a third game could be more likely. i hope there is. while athena wasnt as good as butcher bay, it was still a blast to play.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm so digging that weird alien thing (third on first row).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds more like Pitch Black which pleases me. I wonder if Karl Urban will return for this installment.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's possible that he'll be the main villain.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Sounds really good. Can't wait for the film to be released.
But hey, it's f**king David Twohy. What can go wrong? ;D

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 07, 2011, 02:45:47 PM
Sounds really good. Can't wait for the film to be released.
But hey, it's f**king David Twohy. What can go wrong? ;D

Charlie Sheen.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

As a bitchin' rock star from Mars.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

This will be so f**king badass.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed