Why was Lope such an uninteresting character?

Started by Salt The Fries, Mar 28, 2024, 03:26:43 PM

Author
Why was Lope such an uninteresting character? (Read 2,162 times)

E. Shaw

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2024, 09:28:05 PMI actually hate The Last Supper, it sucks.

Feel too much like the last supper in Alien?

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 29, 2024, 09:28:05 PMI actually hate The Last Supper, it sucks.

Blasphemy !!!

[cancerblack]

Blaspheming over the Easter weekend just feels better than usual.

SM

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 07:21:10 PM

Feel too much like the last supper in Alien?

Not really.  It's obviously riffing on that, but it's just inconsequential.  The most interesting thing about it was Walter making them take poo tablets before bedtime.

Local Trouble

Poo tablets? ???

E. Shaw

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 30, 2024, 12:11:37 AMaye, the Dr. Moreau-Frankenstein hybrid gothic Bond-like villain from Covi doesn't quite work as a satisfying payoff for the more mysterious David's presence in Promi. Although it works as its own thing...almost like a 'what if' scenario. ???

When you watch Raised By Wolves, with everything and Dariusz Wolski's cinematography *no less*, it seems like a blood relative/spiritual successor to Ridley Scott's Alien prequel narrative; eerie-eldritch AIs, creation, existential horror, monsters, ancient mythology, science vs. Religion...etc.

Raised By Wolves was so good. I thought it was in Alien mythos much of the time.

SM

Wweyland

I think the Alien Covenant: Origins book might have fleshed out his backstory a bit more, but that book is rather forgettable.

SM

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 01, 2024, 07:27:53 AMI think the Alien Covenant: Origins book might have fleshed out his backstory a bit more, but that book is rather forgettable.

He's the main character but doesn't flesh him out to any great degree.

E. Shaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 31, 2024, 10:28:03 PMPoo tablets? ???

Weylax, building better bowels. :D   

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 01, 2024, 08:02:22 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 01, 2024, 07:27:53 AMI think the Alien Covenant: Origins book might have fleshed out his backstory a bit more, but that book is rather forgettable.

I remember actually very much enjoying the time spent with him in the book.

Wweyland

Although the movie novelization was much better, they kind of "forgot" all their previous book characterizations, but then again, they were written out of order.

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2024, 08:18:08 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 01, 2024, 08:02:22 AM

I remember actually very much enjoying the time spent with him in the book.

I liked the book, but it's not a character study. We learn almost nothing about Lope and Rosenthal as people.

Immortan Jonesy

Oram's religious fanaticism is interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed