Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 91,482 times)

Reaper117

AVPR. I just like the way they tried to bring back the old Alien 2 design

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I would have loved to see instead the AvP aliens just with the Aliens head sticked into.

chupacabras acheronsis

you know what? the dome is mostly fine.

what really bugs me the hell out of this design is the shoulders.

just horrible :(

SpaceMarines

Almost everything for me. It barely even looks like the eldritch abomination we had in the first film.

TJ Doc

That Requiem one once again looks like it's trying to imitate Count Orlock.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 16, 2010, 02:22:17 PM
you know what? the dome is mostly fine.

what really bugs me the hell out of this design is the shoulders.

just horrible :(
To me what makes those Aliens horrible are the teeth, bigger neck and the bigger arms.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 16, 2010, 02:26:35 PM
That Requiem one once again looks like it's trying to imitate Count Orlock.
:D :D :D

MadassAlex

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 16, 2010, 01:58:31 PM

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/posters/avp2/avp22_large.jpg

I would have loved to see instead the AvP aliens just with the Aliens head sticked into.

Goddamn. The already good Cameraliens look even more badass next to the AvPR Aliens.

It really shows how the head of the AvPR Alien is just as at fault as the body. The ridges on the head are a pointless divergence, the entire mouth and teeth aren't threatening at all. The chin is just silly.

The Cameraliens look like, well, Aliens. AvPR gave us comic book interpretations as live action.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Apr 16, 2010, 08:32:04 AM
Do the massive, oversized necks, almost laughable overbite, and tendons so thin they may as well not be there, are improvements?

It's all just opinion dude.

Are they a Giger or Winston Alien?
Hell no.

But, I think the AvP:R design works better in the Aliens vs. Predator universe than the AvP/A:R design.

I like them, you don't.

Simple enough.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 16, 2010, 04:54:00 PM
So the answer was 'Yes, I do think massive necks and overbites are an improvement'. :P

DoomRulz

Could've sworn the Warriors had overbites, no?

SiL

Very slight ones, and not at all noticeable in the film. Nowhere near as pronounced and buck-tooth as the AvPR creatures.

DoomRulz

I don't think it would have been as bad, had they had proper lips and not made the teeth seem as though they growing right out of them.

SiL

It would've. The problem was they just took the dome off and didn't bother to make the skull fit better. That void in the front is for the dome to fit in.

Sabres21768

Quote from: SiL on Apr 16, 2010, 10:01:51 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 16, 2010, 04:54:00 PM
So the answer was 'Yes, I do think massive necks and overbites are an improvement'. :P

Again, and I don't know how many times I need to type it for you, the AvP:R Aliens are a better design in my opinion.

Are you having a hard time understanding that, because I can try to type slower if it helps you?

SiL

Lighten up dude, the smiley face is there for a reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed