Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 84,100 times)

Prez

Seen this discussed in the Noah Hawley TV series thread on here.

The thing is with Ridley is that he says a lot of things - and a lot of those things contradict other things he has said or what came before. I always find him very off the cuff in his thoughts on the films (his comment about the Alien regrowing itself after being mangled in Covenant comes to mind). That said one thing is that Ridley will do what Ridley wants, even if that flies in the face of canon (even the canon he created).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prez on May 09, 2024, 04:12:59 AMSeen this discussed in the Noah Hawley TV series thread on here.

The thing is with Ridley is that he says a lot of things - and a lot of those things contradict other things he has said or what came before. I always find him very off the cuff in his thoughts on the films (his comment about the Alien regrowing itself after being mangled in Covenant comes to mind). That said one thing is that Ridley will do what Ridley wants, even if that flies in the face of canon (even the canon he created).

Ridley makes movies like he always has, and will continue to til he drops dead on the job. That impulsiveness you describe I think goes a bit further into flights of fancy that shape entire films for good or ill (not enough people saying no to the veteran), and coupled with a clear affection for at least his version of the Alien universe we've had what we've had (I kinda dig it but ymmv).

Prez

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 09, 2024, 08:59:39 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 09, 2024, 04:12:59 AMSeen this discussed in the Noah Hawley TV series thread on here.

Ridley makes movies like he always has, and will continue to til he drops dead on the job. That impulsiveness you describe I think goes a bit further into flights of fancy that shape entire films for good or ill (not enough people saying no to the veteran), and coupled with a clear affection for at least his version of the Alien universe we've had what we've had (I kinda dig it but ymmv).

You summed that up much better than I tried to.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed