What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 46,417 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 07, 2023, 01:04:38 AMThere was one or several aliens in the first three movies, followed by mutations and clones in the fourth.

WE KNOW.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

It definitely won't happen in Romulus, knowing what we know about the film by this point, but seeing The Abyss on the big screen last night reignited my desire to see a future Alien movie set in an underwater research/drilling station (albeit on an alien planet) like that.

Still Collating...

An alien sea with an underwater base can be such a great setting. Maybe one day. 

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Still Collating... on Dec 08, 2023, 10:00:45 PMAn alien sea with an underwater base can be such a great setting. Maybe one day. 
Well we did have a movie like that
Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

We had DeepStar Six and Leviathan before that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've seen all three of those, and they're (for the most part) pretty enjoyable to various degrees on their own merits. But I think there's more to mine from the concept than the surface that those three movies scratched the surface of, and I think moving the action off of Earth could be key to that.

There's actually a Predator comic that uses a similar setting (albeit, on Earth) that I quite dug, Hell & Hot Water.

ThunderV

I'm hoping to get as much social justice politics rammed down my throat as humanly possible

The Cruentus

I would like to see a return to form for the franchise and of course the creatures. Hopefully the film will ignore the prequels and leave their origin at least ambiguous. (though Ridley should be allowed to finish what he set up, if only for closure and not having cliffhangers)

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 22, 2023, 03:20:45 PMI would like to see a return to form for the franchise and of course the creatures.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 28, 2023, 07:22:25 AMI fully expect them to be painstakingly accurate recreations of the AvPR aliens.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2023, 04:05:56 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 22, 2023, 03:20:45 PMI would like to see a return to form for the franchise and of course the creatures.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 28, 2023, 07:22:25 AMI fully expect them to be painstakingly accurate recreations of the AvPR aliens.

Given the PefectOrganism scoops and Mike's Monsters comments, we certainly won't be getting the AvP Xenos.

Unless, they are all trolling us hahahaha

Local Trouble

Don't say I didn't warn you.

The Cruentus

Well I suppose it is still possible for things to get worse than what covenant did to the lore and avpr in general, but those movie's designs/lore etc set such a low bar that odds should be that the film give us an improvement. Like Prey over the predator.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 22, 2023, 04:09:36 PMDon't say I didn't warn you.

Do you know something we don't?

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed