Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 07, 2014, 05:22:31 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Officially Announced - Trailer & Preview Thread (Read 98,599 times)

ikarop

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 15, 2014, 02:39:27 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 14, 2014, 10:01:34 PM
Images that got removed from an article from earlier:

Nice skin texturing.

QuoteEvery human face in the game was laser-scanned from a real actor or Creative Assembly staffer and unaltered: a digital recreation to achieve a degree of analogue authenticity.

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah I was able to Google the voice actor for Samuels (forgot how I found the cast list though) and the actual man looked identical to the render we've been given so far.

That makes me wonder who's doing to voice for Amanda Ripley!

Xenomorphine

Laser-scanning a face can just lead to a texture, though. They've actually incorporated a lot of the data directly into the sculpt, there.

MrSpaceJockey

They've said it's like 9 feet tall in interviews. Bigger than the one from the first film.

RayneStorm82

Valaquen

Being picky as hell here, but it's a shame about those legs...

HuDaFuK

I actually really like the legs. I always thought the legs were the bit that spoiled the creature in the first film - when you finally see them at the end of the movie, it's blatantly just a bloke in a suit. I prefer the more "alien" digitigrade style. They look especially great in that image, where its stooping to get under the door.

StrangeShape

Xhan

Ima gonna done hep you, amamder reeplies, for what that creature done did to yore mama, but Ima warnin you, revenge don't solve nothin'

Seegson

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2014, 03:02:11 PM
I actually really like the legs. I always thought the legs were the bit that spoiled the creature in the first film - when you finally see them at the end of the movie, it's blatantly just a bloke in a suit. I prefer the more "alien" digitigrade style. They look especially great in that image, where its stooping to get under the door.

Totally agree

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Xhan on Jan 15, 2014, 01:30:54 AM
QuoteJust hearing those words has raised my skepticism back up.

Well you really can't fault the design seen and the level of authenticity, and how much the lighting model complements and compliments that. It looks amazing. The interaction animations are also naturalistic and while a little abrupt, they convey well regardless. Audio is great. Then you get frankenstein aliens that barks at people, and the immersion immediately goes from "playing the movie, just like the nice marketing people promised" to "sega's third offering featuring frankestein aliens that's hopefully not as bad as the last".

Kind of a mixed bag.

I wasn't really referring to that necessarily. More about my concern that the design of the environment/light might be the only thing that they get right and good and the rest of the game (I'm talking about gameplay design and progression)will get stale and lackluster. Probably due to them being too obsessed with getting the detail right. A Machine for Pigs had the problem of lacking any sense of urgency and sense of interacting and belonging with the environment. What will they be able to do to make the player want to progress, is what I mean.

Xenomorphine

I like the look of the creature, so far. And I've always preferred the tri-jointed legs in the comics, as it makes them seem less human and more predatory.

These ones do look a little bendy, though...

Xhan

QuoteI wasn't really referring to that necessarily. More about my concern that the design of the environment/light might be the only thing that they get right and good and the rest of the game (I'm talking about gameplay design and progression)will get stale and lackluster. Probably due to them being too obsessed with getting the detail right. A Machine for Pigs had the problem of lacking any sense of urgency and sense of interacting and belonging with the environment. What will they be able to do to make the player want to progress, is what I mean.

Well if the station is all busted up and decaying, the Alien recognizes your genes and hates your guts and WY people are kind of annoyed that a rival company with similar interests has their what contains a reason to invoke #937 and go in to to revenuer the place, and throw in the android that you think is a traitor and isn't and friend you think is a friend and isn't, that probably enough.

12 hours enough is another question entirely.

thecaffeinatedone

Good points all. Just throwing in some healthy skepticism.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed