NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 166,715 times)

gooner_no1

This is hilarious - this guy cannot, CANNOT give a straight answer to any question.

I'll ask again so we can establish your bona fides: what are the very first images in the film? What is the onscreen title, if indeed there is one?

IF you come back and say that you can't remember or you got to your seat late, then you'll be exposed as a waffler.

Or rather let's try something specific - HOW does Holloway die? HOW does Ford die?

Use spoiler tags by all means....

Qwertify

Sorry to hear that your day turned out so bad after so much anticipation. That is one of the worst things you can ask for.

Thanks for taking the time to write out that review and spoiler review after a hard day. Huge kudos to you man.

Predaker

This thread went south fast. Lol

Thanks for the answers NGR:)

Qwertify

Quote from: gooner_no1 on May 28, 2012, 09:42:20 PM
This is hilarious - this guy cannot, CANNOT give a straight answer to any question.

Or rather let's try something specific - HOW does Holloway die? HOW does Ford die?

I think he says fairly directly
Spoiler
that Peter Weyland kills Holloway.
[close]

Vickers Valiant

I'll ask again so we can establish your bona fides: what are the very first images in the film? What is the onscreen title, if indeed there is one?

IF you come back and say that you can't remember or you got to your seat late, then you'll be exposed as a waffler.

There's another guy over on PrometheusForum named RaidenReloaded that's giving a very suspicious story. I'll reserve judgment on NGR01's claims for a little while longer.

Predaker

So... What was Vickers hidden agenda?  :laugh:

duckman5150

Okay...I've heard enough and I am asking you to pull the plug (parker voice). This guy is full of $*i&...

My judgement is in.

RagingDragon

Thanks for all of the poop, man.  Sorry you're having a hard time.  Glad you're not a troll, but it had to be expected... the internet is a batshit crazy place. :laugh:

From what I gather:

Spoiler
The performances and characters are solid, maybe even great.  Haven't really seen anything to indicate otherwise.  Atmosphere and effects also sound very sweet.  The story seems like it's got some holes, and the ending sounds underwhelming from many reviews and points of view.

My guess is they cut out some things to make a lot of room for a sequel.  I like this, as well as the mystery it could add to the story, but this "mystery" has to be done right, with the right pieces in place and a very solid movie to back them up.  If they come across as oversights or glaring holes in the plot, kind of lazy storytelling, that will be a mighty disappointment.

Oh well, I'm still hyped for the overall high quality of the film and the performances from the actors.  FX have got me on the fence, but my curiosity remains solid.  New creatures are always a great thing, and even if they leave many things unanswered or show us the Jock as some sort of thoughtless monster, at least they leave it open for future exploration.

Just let the film quality be high enough where people give it a fair shake!  Story can be lacking as f**k, imo.  Sad but how I feel about it.
[close]

Don't be a dick.

gooner_no1

Quote from: Vickers Valiant on May 28, 2012, 09:45:03 PM

There's another guy over on PrometheusForum named RaidenReloaded that's giving a very suspicious story. I'll reserve judgment on NGR01's claims for a little while longer.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were the same person. Same fractured English, same vagueness in giving answers, same excuse at not remembering things....

Same BS frankly. But they've lost the run of themselves, and we'll all know on Friday when I get to see it and can test their claims - particularly their vague but rather specific crap about Ford being killed "at the climax" by the Engineer, Peter Weyland being killed by the Engineer, Peter Weyland killing Holloway... As for that last point - I KNOW that is fake.

Vulgotha

I would prefer to have full spoiling, so if you (NGR01) or anyone else in this thread who has seen would PM me or place it in spoiler tags I'd be eternally grateful.

TWAK

^^thanks for clarifying the situation, because I have been so dam confused. It must be the translation from French to English??? Making my head explode 

Truise

Quote from: gooner_no1 on May 28, 2012, 09:48:42 PM
Quote from: Vickers Valiant on May 28, 2012, 09:45:03 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were the same person. Same fractured English, same vagueness in giving answers, same excuse at not remembering things....

Same BS frankly. But they've lost the run of themselves, and we'll all know on Friday when I get to see it and can test their claims - particularly their vague but rather specific crap about Ford being killed "at the climax" by the Engineer, Peter Weyland being killed by the Engineer, Peter Weyland killing Holloway... As for that last point - I KNOW that is fake.

How would you know that ?

Genuine curiosity

Qwertify

Quote from: gooner_no1 on May 28, 2012, 09:48:42 PM
Peter Weyland killing Holloway... As for that last point - I KNOW that is fake.

Ok - well he is being more specific thatn Twitter girl and I don't see why he would have any motivation to do such a major troll after being on the forums for three months.

As for that last point - how do you KNOW it is false? I hope you are not referring to the video where Holloway gets torched by Vickers, because we don't even know if that is Holloway, or if it is, that he dies then and there.

Vickers Valiant

Vickers Valiant

As a matter of fact, the Raiden guy just contradicted himself (although he made his previous answer intentionally vague, so I guess that's his alibi). He said that there were only about 4 different creatures in the movie, then went on to describe them. Now, when someone brings up the snakes/cobraburster (which he had not previously mentioned in his creature-describing post), he says that "The snakes are some creatures among others and we don't see them so much time."

I find it hard to believe that this guy would have forgotten about the snakes in his earlier post. Actually, going through all of his responses, it seems like he's magically "forgotten" a questionable amount of information for a movie that he's seen what, 7 hours ago?

Of course, he could still be legit (and just have a horrible memory), but his strangely vague answers and forgetfulness is suspicious as hell.

EDIT: He also mentions different stages of "infections" when asked about the movie's creatures, then rescinds and goes on to speak vaguely of the different creatures. This guy smells fishy.

First Blood

Spoiler

[close]

I am not gonna lie. He does seem like he's seen the movie, but his answers are really vague.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed