Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 964,698 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This is where people take the internet to seriously.  If the come at me I'll just tell them to f**k off.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: King Rathalos on Mar 16, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
I can agree with all that, but then again I tend to enjoy shooters in general.

So do I, I'm just saying that taking RE in the shooter direction has really hurt the game. It's more fun to play now, and the controls aren't ass, but quality wise since RE 4 there hasn't been an RE that can be considered great, except for Revelations which managed to find a good balance again. Especially the HD version with the improved controls. :P
QuoteIt's more fun to play now, and the controls aren't ass,
Quotethe controls aren't ass

Resi 4 definitely helped popularise third person shooters, but compared to a lot of other third person shooters Capcom haven't advanced much since then.

The cover system still sucks balls, the inventory management is really bad, making every single action play out through some long as hell animation is annoying as hell and half the time you end up getting whacked by some asshole as soon as the animation ends. Trying to roll is way more hassle than it needs to be, and then there's all the button mashing; oh Christ is there too much button mashing. Practically every enemy tries to grab you and if they do you better have some sonic thumbs, because if you don't start twirling the sticks right away they'll beat you.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 16, 2014, 08:18:25 AM
Almost every single game created has a luck factor. Especially card games.

Yeah  but in this game its beyond ridiculous! Look at this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2GCMZzYw0#ws

It happened 15 minutes ago. I bet my opponent never expected such outcome and I am sure he raged hard hah, because he was fooled not once but twice in row..

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2014, 05:44:36 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 16, 2014, 08:18:25 AM
Almost every single game created has a luck factor. Especially card games.

Yeah  but in this game its beyond ridiculous! Look at this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2GCMZzYw0#ws

It happened 15 minutes ago. I bet my opponent never expected such outcome and I am sure he raged hard hah, because he was fooled not once but twice in row..

Were you playing Arena?

WinterActual

WinterActual

No, its normal ranked game. I haven't played Arena yet.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

can someone shortly explain me how these card games work?(i kinda get some stuff but because i never played any of them i'm not sure about some stuff) how do you gain cards? are cards one use per battle or one use and they disapear forever? :D i would like to know all the basic stuff i need to know and btw how much space does that game require?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Nightlord on Mar 16, 2014, 05:27:27 PM
Quote from: King Rathalos on Mar 16, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 03:48:04 PM
I can agree with all that, but then again I tend to enjoy shooters in general.

So do I, I'm just saying that taking RE in the shooter direction has really hurt the game. It's more fun to play now, and the controls aren't ass, but quality wise since RE 4 there hasn't been an RE that can be considered great, except for Revelations which managed to find a good balance again. Especially the HD version with the improved controls. :P
QuoteIt's more fun to play now, and the controls aren't ass,
Quotethe controls aren't ass
http://i.imgur.com/41odo.gif

Resi 4 definitely helped popularise third person shooters, but compared to a lot of other third person shooters Capcom haven't advanced much since then.

The cover system still sucks balls, the inventory management is really bad, making every single action play out through some long as hell animation is annoying as hell and half the time you end up getting whacked by some asshole as soon as the animation ends. Trying to roll is way more hassle than it needs to be, and then there's all the button mashing; oh Christ is there too much button mashing. Practically every enemy tries to grab you and if they do you better have some sonic thumbs, because if you don't start twirling the sticks right away they'll beat you.

By better controls I meant the ability to walk and shoot and letting you use the right joystick to aim. Something even 5 couldn't get right. :P

Agreed on the rest though. They need to desperately get rid of the cover system entirely. I've never had a problem with the joystick twirling (literally feel like the only person on the planet who doesn't, seeing as all my friends can't seem to get it. :P), only time was with those big ass monsters in Chris' campaign in 6 where if you miss a beat they throw you off. Now the quick time events during long ass sections, f**k those.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: MoonerSK on Mar 16, 2014, 06:05:35 PM
can someone shortly explain me how these card games work?(i kinda get some stuff but because i never played any of them i'm not sure about some stuff) how do you gain cards? are cards one use per battle or one use and they disapear forever? :D i would like to know all the basic stuff i need to know and btw how much space does that game require?

No no, the cards don't disappear. They are forever yours. You build your own deck from a pool of cards. In this game you earn cards by leveling up, crafting or buying them. This game is not pay to win because every card can be earned from lvling up or crafted, there are no pay 2 own only cards. The game is 900mb.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

900mb? gonna download it right now :D

Vakarian

Vakarian

CoD Ghosts
Dark Souls II

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: WinterActual on Mar 16, 2014, 06:05:06 PM
No, its normal ranked game. I haven't played Arena yet.

Well when playing against priest in constructed hes gonna have one Mind control in his deck if he has it unlocked.I like to throw a big minion if I have more then one and always the minion with less value.
Arena is best,cards are totally random,only thing is in arena paladin and mage just have op cards and alot of people pick them.

SM

SM

f**k those muthaf**king mutant ape things in Far Cry...  >:(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't know why, but I'm tempted to emulate Snake's Revenge. :laugh:

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: gege on Mar 16, 2014, 09:28:59 AM
Resident Evil 6

Better than the Resident Evil 5, but I need to play (again) the first one, on Playstation, to remind me what is a survival horror game

Absolutely not true. 5 shit on 6.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 16, 2014, 05:15:59 PM
I'm telling yall that RE4 started the ruination of the franchise.  It went back to the PS1's original cheesy ass story, it never was scary, and valued gunplay over survival horror.  The characters were cheesy, the monsters were cheesy, and the bosses were cheesy. 

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun game, it was just not a good RE game imo.  If it was the start of a new franchise I'd be fine with it.  Its just like Alien Res, a terrible entry into an established franchise.

RE5, and RE6 are basically just the formula for RE4 on steroids.  The gameplay didn't really change all that much and the stories went further and further into the asinine territory.

You make a good point. While the game was excellent and fun, IMO, it took the series down a different path. One that ultimately put it in the predicament it is currently in.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I've started playing the Ghostbusters game. So far, I'm liking it.

I'll start uploading the videos over at my YT account soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed