Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 963,989 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Skyrim

Started a new game for my character Richard Iron-Shield. Going back to my old War Axe play style rather than sword. Gonna go straight for that Dwarven War Axe and also aim for the Hack and Slash perk in which war axes cause extra bleeding damage.

For now I'll also roll with a shield but I've thought of dual wielding for the first time with the Dwarven War Axe and the Dawnguard War Axe.

The Nordic War Axe, Skyforge War Axe and Ebony War Axe are on my "wish list".

WinterActual

WinterActual

How to Survive. AWESOME game! But its so short  :'(

Vepariga

Vepariga

F.3.A.R and Max Payne 3

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Vepariga on Oct 26, 2013, 06:36:25 AM
F.3.A.R and Max Payne 3

One of the greatest games I've ever played.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Need to make that Bnahabra armor so I can run around as a fairy magical girl and kill dinosaurs with giant swords.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Vakarian on Oct 25, 2013, 06:20:02 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 24, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
Quote from: Vakarian on Oct 23, 2013, 04:17:21 PM
The Wolf Among Us.

How is it? I wouldn't mind giving it a go, maybe after all the episodes are released.

Its really good. I was a bit weary of it at first because of it being based off of Fairy Tale characters, but after the demo and seeing how absolutely f**king brutal, dark and gritty it was? It was totally worth buying.

It has one of these holy f**king shit what the f**k, moments that you see so rarely in games. Also when you are examining a crime scene the game actually requires the player to think and analyse every possible angle before trying to arrest or severely beat the living shit out of someone/thing.

You should totally pick it up, especially if you liked TWD.

Sweet. Will have to check it out.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I've read up a bit on that game. Sounds really interesting. May hafta check it out. The comics its based upon sound good, too.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Skyrim.

Name: Richard Iron-shield
Race: Nord
Homeland: Skyrim
Remarks: Notorious for the Solitude Murder in which Iron-Shield brazenly murdered a traveling bard in broad daylight with an axe, captured, paid off bounty of 1000 septims and was released.

There are two sides to a story such as this one, what the authorities saw was a traveling bard murdered in the street. What I saw was a vampire in disguise plotting against the people and clouding the minds of the authorities, it had to be dealt with.

In the land of Skyrim where civil war rages, dragons have returned after supposed to being dead for thousands of years, and vampires are attacking everywhere. A farmer turned mercenary after taking jobs in Whiterun joins the Dawnguard to fight the vampires and stop them from consuming the world in eternal night. His motive? During a solo and daring raid on a cave infested with the Falmer a random vampire attacked near the entrance of the cave, was infected with a bite but was later cured before the situation became too serious. Sporting the heavy armour of the Dawnguard, a shield, and a deadly war axe which it's enchantment allows additional damage to vampires, Iron-Shield travels across Skyrim to help strengthen the assets of the Dawnguard and to foil the plots of the vampire threat.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dark Souls

Darkstalkers: Resurrection

Gears of War 3

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 26, 2013, 07:07:37 AM
Quote from: Vepariga on Oct 26, 2013, 06:36:25 AM
F.3.A.R and Max Payne 3

One of the greatest games I've ever played.

It have the most solid gunplay I've ever seen in third person shooter but sadly the feeling and the setting didn't make it for me like in the first MP. Besides the part where Max dreams about the days back in the US, and the cemetery shoot out. This was awesome, it had totally the MP1 vibe and I am sad that the whole game was not set during this period.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

MP1 was utterly ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the story is seven kinds of silly and it was really hard to take anything seriously with Max's stupid smirk staring at me the entire time.

For me, MP2 and 3 are both about equal in greatness.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Max Payne 3 drops below the other two in my opinion due to a broken build (the seemingly endless non-skippable cutscenes - fine for a first playthrough but death to replays), lack of gameplay fluidity and freedom (though it's still pretty damn fun), lack of modding, thoroughly un-Max-like dialogue, poor supporting characters and a story with little personal relevance.
With all that aside, it looks gorgeous, James McCaffrey gives his best performance of the series, the animation is spectacular, Max's state of mind is almost palpable with the Tony Scott visual style, and while the gameplay is very different to its predecessors it's still great fun for what it is.

1's story might be daft, but it is enjoyable. The versatility and definition of the arsenal, variety of enemies, narrative focus and generation of effective new characters make up for Max Payne 2's very few shortcomings, too.

2 is within a gnat's whisker of being the perfect game as far as I'm concerned. And while Timothy Gibbs initially caught a lot of flak for being too different to Sam Lake, I think he captured the visual of Max as a gritty noir hero better than anyone else has. He also somehow manages to match James McCaffrey's voice better than James McCaffrey does.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Resident Evil

That f**king door lock puzzle in the residence area with the colors is the only puzzle I ever have trouble with, it's f**king ridiculous.  ::)

Took me forever to even figure it out so I said f**k it and looked it up online. :P

I may not like some of the changes the newer games have made, but getting rid of overtly complicated puzzles like this was a good thing. :P

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 27, 2013, 06:42:31 AM
MP1 was utterly ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the story is seven kinds of silly
Why? Its way more believable than the story in MP3. You are a cop who's wife and kid gets murdered and you go on killing spree. Whats so ridiculous? Its something like The Punisher.

The core of MP1 is gorgeous because its inspired by the Hong Kong Blood Opera. Its all about the honor and the duty mixed with tons of drama. If you ever watched A Better Tomorrow or The Killer you know what I am talking about. In the HKBO the story of the main protagonist is very personal and very often they have nothing to lose so thats why they "do what they have to do". In MP3 the story goes in totally different direction which differs from what Max Payne's character is about.

I am not saying MP3 is a bad game, ofc not but its not a Max Payne game for me. Its a game about some bald guy who messed up with the wrong people so he had to save his ass.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Oct 26, 2013, 09:50:18 PM
I've read up a bit on that game. Sounds really interesting. May hafta check it out. The comics its based upon sound good, too.

If your a fan of Noir, you will pick this game up.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed