Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 83,447 times)

Local Trouble

I always wondered how many people noticed this visual reference to the 8th circle of Hell in Dante's Inferno:

QuoteUp from the mouth of each hole there stuck out
A sinner's feet and legs up to the calf,
The rest of him remained stuffed down inside.

SM

Okay - break's over.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 29, 2024, 05:16:04 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 29, 2024, 05:14:59 AMI dislike plenty

https://media2.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExdmY3YWYzMjl0NnZxeXRqN2tlMHlxbmdodmJnaDEzM2x2YnhpampzMSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/a6YHwnkn0ctOM/giphy.gif

Hahaha. This made me laugh. A lot.

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2024, 05:15:19 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 29, 2024, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2024, 01:38:34 AMThe art on both those books was pretty disappointing.

I quite liked both of them in parts. Perhaps the colouring on the original Alien book was a bit too colourful for my liking.

Didn't mind the colouring so much as the wasted opportunities for ship and creature design.

The gender changes were nice though.

That dropship design. Yer I see what you mean.

Neila

Neila

Thanks so much for the video Mike.

My goodness, what a crappy idea!!!

Thank you FOX for pulling the plug and putting an end to this nonsense!!!

Did Sigourney actually say she thought the idea was great???
or did she not know any details???

It was interesting to see how things developed back then.
At first it was said that Ripley and Hicks and Newt were coming back, which made many fans (especially those who didn't like A3) scream with joy.

The first concept drawings actually looked interesting, but when I saw the xeno suit I realized that it was crap.
Unfortunately, there were only a few fans who became skeptical and the majority were still panting for the "real Aliens sequel".

ALIEN 3 IS THE SEQUEL and it should stay that way!!!

Personally, I even think the 4-armed Big Chap sucks.
I found the sets and environments quite interesting, and most of the costumes were fine.
But everything that had to do with the alien was shitty and headed in a disastrous direction.

Further proof that so many directors can tell me how much they love the Alien franchise, but end up ruining everything.

I hope that Fede finally teaches us something better.

Acid_Reign161

In Fede we trust. 😁👍

St_Eddie

Quote from: ConfusedAlien on Apr 29, 2024, 03:04:19 AMIf this movie was basically District 9 but with aliens, than I am fine with this being cancelled.

Every movie that Blomkamp has made since District 9 (aside from Gran Turismo) is just District 9, but not as good.  He's a one trick pony.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 29, 2024, 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: ConfusedAlien on Apr 29, 2024, 03:04:19 AMIf this movie was basically District 9 but with aliens, than I am fine with this being cancelled.

Every movie that Blomkamp has made since District 9 (aside from Gran Turismo) is just District 9, but not as good.  He's a one trick pony.
So he's like Paul Anderson, with Event horizon

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2024, 01:58:13 AMThat is a circle reserved only for Larocca.

At least Keith put some effort into it

SiL

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 29, 2024, 05:47:04 PM

No, Paul Anderson never made another thing like Event Horizon. A one trick pony does the same thing repeatedly.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2024, 08:41:41 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 29, 2024, 05:47:04 PM

No, Paul Anderson never made another thing like Event Horizon. A one trick pony does the same thing repeatedly.
So he's a lightning in the Bottle?

BigDaddyJohn

A one hit wonder.

SiL

Except Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil also did well enough and have their fans.

Stitch

Great video Mike. Even more glad we didn't get this weird movie now.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Apr 29, 2024, 09:09:51 PMExcept Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil also did well enough and have their fans.

And Event Horizon tanked.

SiL

And the older I get the more I feel it deserved to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed