Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,139 times)

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 12, 2010, 08:38:40 AMWelcome to what profit margins does to gaming. Gaming is a business pure and simple, and good guys finish last.

Well, except for BioWare. They seem to take great care to create an incredible experience every time, and succeed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Blizzard too. They don't f**k up, but then again, they are PC-only.

Keg

Keg

developers like naughty dog are fantastic. improving their games with every sequel and not just churning them out for the sake of it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Rebellion was young and hungry at one time too.  They might not be bad now, but after success very few avoid the mediocrity tag.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Feb 28, 2010, 11:45:10 PM
Quote from: Xhan on Feb 12, 2010, 08:38:40 AMWelcome to what profit margins does to gaming. Gaming is a business pure and simple, and good guys finish last.

Well, except for BioWare. They seem to take great care to create an incredible experience every time, and succeed.

That will last until they need to get "fixed", "redirected" or "streamlined"... and those changes are already in the initial stages of happening. As development staff gets older, in many instances they start worrying more about job stability and environment rather than ridiculous levels of quality and fun, innovation and chance taking. Publishers are usually only too happy to oblige decisions like those in return for unilateral control of IP and $$$. It's really a very mercenary business to be in, any more.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

Does anyone know what issue the DS2 GI was?

I had no idea about the sequel, it sounds really awesome.

Danger Close

Danger Close

January 2010 was GI cover story, the was also a Hub with some info. Mostly backstory. Search it on Kotaku, I THINK THEY HAD SOME GREAT INFO and links.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I have a grin on my face similar to that of the Grinch.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5526801/what-do-you-see-in-this-first-dead-space-2-trailer

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: fluxcap on Apr 29, 2010, 06:35:58 AM

Looks pretty f#$king cool, but I gotta say im not a fan of Issac's new automatic helmet. A little too futuristic for me, thats what I liked about the first one yeah it was in space and all that stuff but it had a real feel to it but thats just me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That was so win. Reminds me of Iron Man.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 01, 2010, 03:32:37 AM
Blizzard too. They don't f**k up, but then again, they are PC-only.

Don't forget about Valve.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eh, I think Gabe Newell is a hypocrite. He will release his games on the PS3 but instead of addressing whatever issues they have, he'll comfortably sit and back and shit all over the console with his words, all the while forgetting that w/e limitations the PS3 versions of his games have, so do the 360 ones.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Feb 28, 2010, 11:45:10 PM

He is right;)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

And Bungie. Those guys are awesome.

Quote from: fluxcap on Apr 29, 2010, 06:35:58 AM

Mmmm... teaserish. Looks very cool.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 29, 2010, 04:22:37 PM
And Bungie. Those guys are awesome.

Indeed. I never thought I'd see a retro/modern shooter fusion, but Halo: Reach is just around the corner, with it's sexy class system and jet-packs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed