Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,137 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Completing the game on impossible would get me the coveted Platinum for the game. Is it hard but doable, or is just punishingly hard its not fun?

You got that trophy on Impossible? That took me like 6 tries on normal!

Vulhala

Vulhala

I'm not going to even attempt to finish this on Impossible. Hard was enough.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: fluxcap on Oct 07, 2009, 03:37:01 PM
Completing the game on impossible would get me the coveted Platinum for the game. Is it hard but doable, or is just punishingly hard its not fun?

You got that trophy on Impossible? That took me like 6 tries on normal!

Hard but doable. You need to be patient, and remember to use your Stasis wisely and use canisters via Kinesis whenever possible.

The trophy doesn't become any more difficult to get on Impossible. The asteroids are always coming in at random so it makes no difference. Accuracy is crucial, as it took me 4 tries.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

use one gun

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

^ That too. Using more than one gun is suicide because you'll be too busy juggling ammo and nodes between both of them.

I just finished Level 7 and it's getting harder...much harder. Enemies swarm like crazy and on Impossible, it's beyond a pain in the ass!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Impossible is difficult, but doable. There's one area in level 9 that was ridiculous (the containment-locked hallway onboard the Valor) and I needed to use the Line Gun to get past it. Otherwise, one gun on Impossible is very doable.

Edit-- oh yeah, and f**k that "Don't get cocky" achievement. I only got it recently, and it was a motherf**king pain in the ass.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wooo, I conquered the Impossible!!!! ;D

It wasn't so bad...it was only a tad bit harder than Hard. Halfway through though, things got really hairy for me. I found myself running around with barely enough health (4 bars) and if I was lucky, one full clip of ammo to keep me alive. The number of times I died...yech.

Oh, and this makes Dead Space the first game I own in which I unlocked 100% of the trophies 8)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Congrats on the platinum! I gotta give this a try...If I can handle the nade spamming and respawns of COD games on veteran, surely I can prance the halls of the Ishimura with confidence on impossible...

Vulhala

Vulhala

I firmly believe that if you can beat Mile High Club on Veteran, you could beat God himself in an arm wrestle. You should have no fear fluxcap  :D

fluxcap

fluxcap

haha thanks! :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's not quite Impossible, despite the title. Make sure you keep moving too. If you stay stationary and get hit, that will finish you off very quickly. You know the necromorphs encountered later in the game that are totally black? I kid you not, I was at a full health bar with 8 lights on, one hit sent me all the way down to one and a half!

fluxcap

fluxcap

Damn!! Stasis spam.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ya. Stasis will save your ass multiple times. Also, run away if you can. If you don't need to fight then don't bother.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Hmm im gonna try the Impossible mode but go for the play through using plasma cutter only aswell XD..This Should be fun XD

War Wager

War Wager

For impossible mode, what would be a wiser idea: making your health larger or making your weapons stronger?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed