Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,137 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Depends on your style. I always played slowly and was methodical in my searching, and only used the cutter and flamer, thus Impossible wasn't that much of a change, except for ridiculous boss damage. If you were the kind of guy who charged in and "kind of" upgraded all your weapons and tried to buy everything that wasn't nailed down, I imagine the scarcer ammo and nastier damage was a giant pain in the ass.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Joy! I was a bit of a careful player myself since it wasn't long before I realised how there was no way I'd be able to upgrade all my weapons. So yeah, I fully upgraded my health and the plasma cutter first, and Hard difficulty wasn't that hard after a few hours.

Xhan, you have instilled confidence in me! I present you with this internet cupcake as a sign of gratitude:

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The problem you'll concern yourself with is your armor.

I was lucky enough to have kept my military suit after my playthrough for impossible.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I find I don't have patience for hard difficulties.  It took me YEARS to beat AvP Gold marines campaign on the DC difficulty.

Years.  I spend a day just to beat one level.  Get halfway through another, die without saving, then get mad.  I hate the processor station, till this day.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The Atmosphere Processor level isn't nearly as bad as Orbital, which has infinitely spawning enemies in a couple corridors. That level is a bitch.

That said,all my AvPGold videos were done on the hardest difficulty.

Xhan

Xhan

Odobenus was a crock of lazy bullshit.

"Here's a SADAR, now go into the four foot corridor with three Aliens and a Pred."

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 25, 2009, 03:10:32 AM
I find I don't have patience for hard difficulties. 

I'm the same.  I also just don't have the time anymore.  I'm lucky to be able finish a game these days, let alone on a harder difficulty.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 24, 2009, 10:28:29 PM
Joy! I was a bit of a careful player myself since it wasn't long before I realised how there was no way I'd be able to upgrade all my weapons. So yeah, I fully upgraded my health and the plasma cutter first, and Hard difficulty wasn't that hard after a few hours.

Xhan, you have instilled confidence in me! I present you with this internet cupcake as a sign of gratitude:

http://agiletools.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cupcake.jpg

That cupcake looks pretty inviting. Can i have one  :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xhan on Aug 25, 2009, 07:17:16 AM
Odobenus was a crock of lazy bullshit.

"Here's a SADAR, now go into the four foot corridor with three Aliens and a Pred."
The SADAR was a huge liability in the corridors, not to mention it was more efficient to just use the pulse rifle or even the pulse rifle grenades.. It was only useful for killing the Predator near the bathroom - I guess you could use it for the Xenoborgs, but it was a lot easier to just run up on them and shoot the light on their head when they were inactive.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: EEV2650 on Aug 25, 2009, 05:10:01 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 24, 2009, 10:28:29 PM

http://agiletools.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/cupcake.jpg

That cupcake looks pretty inviting. Can i have one  :D

... PM sent. <.<
                 >.>

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The lift system that level was a beyatch for me.  I would end up mashed, flying off the sides, riding up with aliens, dropping down with facehuggers.   Urgh.

I had a problem with orbital for about the first half, but not the second.  I just ran by everything until the escape body.

Nobody

Nobody

Remind me why we're talking about ALien Vs. Predator in a Dead Space topic.

Also, 666th post

Xhan

Xhan

So you can spam some more, apparently.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

AVP Gold marines levels really were a bitch on DC.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I started the game on Impossible mode last night. Died 7 times so far, and I'm sticking with one gun, but God damn it, these bosses take a shitton of damage. The giant necromorph with indestructible carapace took so many hits, I ran out of ammo by the time I was through with it.

I also managed to unlock the "Don't Get Cocky, Kid" trophy...that was a bitch. Keeping the shield damage above 50% isn't easy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed