Dead Space (Read 93,450 times)

Weasel

Weasel

I want this game so bad.

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 06, 2008, 05:07:06 AM
I want this game so bad.

Get it...you will NOT be disaapointed....my fav horror/survival ever!!!!

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

The Movie: Dead Space Downfall is awesome for what i've seen ;D

fluxcap

fluxcap

EA's releasing upgrade packs. Different packs that modify & re-skin Isaac and the weapons.
http://kotaku.com/5081971/dead-space-upgrade-packs-are-scary-too

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Is this gonna be for pc as well?

MrLee

MrLee

ive played through to chapter 3 i think.

n sorta lost interest, havent touched it for a week.

same with far cry 2.

neither games kept me interested.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I don't see anything about a pc release unfortunately.

Xhan

Xhan

Considering they couldn't get the controls right, I doubt you're going to see anyting else for PC.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: mrlee on Nov 10, 2008, 09:19:52 PM
ive played through to chapter 3 i think.

n sorta lost interest, havent touched it for a week.

same with far cry 2.

neither games kept me interested.
How could you? I understand the case of Far Cry 2, but this?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I stopped on Level Five.

Mainly because I don't want to replay the first five levels on a different playstation because you can't transfer save files due to the award system.  Unless of course the person likes you enough to use their psn.  But mine doesn't want me messing with his stats.

The jackass.

I liked the game.  But horror games lose their effect for me once you've played through certain areas.  The scare factor is gone, and it becomes more of a chore of ammo hunting, management, etc than an enveloping experience that it was when you started.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

^Is it still worth buying?  :-\

sweeteyes

sweeteyes

I dont know how you guys can dislike FC2 and DS... ::) just no taste in games whatsoever ::)...DS kept me absolutly intrigued and FC2 is one of the best games I have ever played!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It isn't that I don't like deadspace.  Its that any scary game loses its sex appeal after you've already played it.

Personally I don't want to replay the first five levels over again just because the jackasses at EA won't let you transfer save files due to their achievements in a single player game.

Amicta

Amicta

I felt the chore vibe from this game as well. Got up to chapter 7 but got bored. I gave it a fair go, tried to let it grab me, but every level is very samey and is marred by too much ammo/note hunting, which staggers the flow of the game and prevents from being properly submerged in the atmosphere. Doom 3 suffered this problem as well with its endless amount of PDA's to find.

I wish developers could spend more time on proper cinematic sequences to explain backstory rather than relying on the lazy method of using notes. Notes can be good, don't get me wrong, but not when there's like 500 of the things littered around the place.

War Wager

War Wager

I've still not played this yet, bought Downfall first to get the backstory. Not bad, theres a few parts I really like. Considering the monsters in it, I'm gonna love the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed