Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 961,835 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 02:54:20 AMSocial media have massive impact on people's views. Especially young people who are enjoying the game. Sadly trans people are digging their own graves. Karma will hit back. This is the way it is

I don't believe you're intending to suggest something literal here, but rather re-iterate the Streisand effect, but that's a very poor choice of words in this discussion, especially when the end of someone's life was brought up not long ago.

Let's remember we're interacting with a lot of different type of people on here, and a very basic rule of this board is respect for each other. And if folk are unable to do so, I suggest they not take part.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

So, I tried Hogwarts Legacy for about an hour...

And I love it.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 14, 2023, 06:39:14 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 02:54:20 AMSocial media have massive impact on people's views. Especially young people who are enjoying the game. Sadly trans people are digging their own graves. Karma will hit back. This is the way it is

I don't believe you're intending to suggest something literal here, but rather re-iterate the Streisand effect, but that's a very poor choice of words in this discussion, especially when the end of someone's life was brought up not long ago.

Let's remember we're interacting with a lot of different type of people on here, and a very basic rule of this board is respect for each other. And if folk are unable to do so, I suggest they not take part.

Of course it was a metaphor.

It's fascinating that when some people here accused others here of supporting transphobia you didn't interfere but pulled me out of using "poor choice of words". Double standards Corporal. It's just the fact.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know what, I wrote a long response to your attempt to call me out, but these aren't the discussions I come on here to have. If a simple request from the administrators of this community to be considerate with your turns of phrase, especially when those very same subjects are a known issue in that community and has been raised in the discussion already, is such an affront to you, then perhaps you should consider stepping out of the subject before I follow the advice of another moderator and I make it not a suggestion.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Please, could you answer my two questions:

1. Are you suggesting that I will get banned because I used well known metaphor (it's actually an idiom)?

2. Is the same moderator going to intervene about people here being literally accused of supporting transphobia?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I am telling you that your post has come across as a "trans will get what's coming to them" post to both trans and non-trans members of this community, and has been raised with the moderation team. I think the why of purchasing and supporting the franchise has been very clearly - and quite frankly, maturely - explained. Whether folk take that on board is up to them or not. I'm explaining to you very unequivocally and clearly that your choice of words has been seen to be deliberately harmful. I was attempting to give you a polite out, but instead you seem to want to double-down on not being considerate towards very real issues of life and death. If you wish to continue digging this hole, yes, you will be banned. I cannot be any clearer. A simple "my bad, I was referring to the issue of treatment of streamers and raised sales of the games" would have sufficed.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Just take it on the chin @Ingwar. It ain't worth it.

Ingwar

Ingwar

This is my final post regarding this ... situation. I'm very considerate towards issues of life and death. I deliberately used word "sadly" before I used well known idiom which implies that my comments wasn't used in harmful way. Not to mention that I don't mean harm to anyone anyway. I have nothing else to say about it. Period.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 01:42:37 AMI doubt that people who made it are transphobes.

Well, actually...

The hastily added trans character in the game has an overtly male voice and is coded as "MrGirl", so they quite likely are.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 14, 2023, 10:00:57 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 14, 2023, 01:42:37 AMI doubt that people who made it are transphobes.

Well, actually...

The hastily added trans character in the game has an overtly male voice and is coded as "MrGirl", so they quite likely are.

That appears to be misinformation originating from 4Chan.

https://twitter.com/DanielI81638089/status/1625211558178525184?s=20&t=GA78EXzwB5EOz-ZTceUdDw

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Oh, carry on then.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Fair enough indeed.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Without wading too far into the debate that I, uh, may have inadvertently caused, I think it's interesting that the devs put a trans character into a Harry Potter game of all things, given the creator's views on the topic. It seems like a (well deserved) deliberate shot across the bow at Rowling, and I wonder what she thinks of it.

Stitch

Stitch

Still on Hi-Fi Rush. In general it's still good, but the difficulty towards the end ramps up to the point where the rhythm part of the game gets lost a little, because there's so much going on. Kinda disappointing because the rhythm based attacks are what sets it apart from other spectacle fighters.

Little bit flabby in the middle, too, and could maybe use being cut down a bit.

Still good.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Stitch on Feb 15, 2023, 05:34:30 AMStill on Hi-Fi Rush. In general it's still good, but the difficulty towards the end ramps up to the point where the rhythm part of the game gets lost a little, because there's so much going on. Kinda disappointing because the rhythm based attacks are what sets it apart from other spectacle fighters.

Little bit flabby in the middle, too, and could maybe use being cut down a bit.

Still good.

I've been hearing good things about that one. I'll have to try it since it's on Game Pass.

On my second playthrough of the Dead Space remake and also just finished Dead Space 2 again for the first time since I originally did in 2011. Both are so good. Dreading Dead Space 3 but I'll be giving it it's fair shot I never did back in 2013.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed