...So the only survivors were Morse and the cat?

Started by Peakius Baragonius, Dec 10, 2011, 08:38:52 AM

Author
...So the only survivors were Morse and the cat? (Read 6,086 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 10, 2011, 10:36:18 PM
Oh yeah? They hate you too.
Tell me something I don't know.

;D :P

Xenomrph

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 10, 2011, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 10, 2011, 10:36:18 PM
Oh yeah? They hate you too.
Tell me something I don't know.
There's 5 of them behind you right now:o

Ash 937

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 10, 2011, 08:40:15 AM
I don't think that Morse sill survive the Weyland-Yutani special treatment  :laugh:

Yeah, they probably waterboarded him like he was some terrorist.  That would have been funny to see in a movie.  They should have just killed him at the end of Alien3 like they did to 85. 

I was disappointed that Alien Resurrection didnt end with Ripley visiting Morse's grave and placing a flower on it.  It would've been a great way to connect Ripley's humanity to that of her clone's.

Xenomrph

Frankly I don't think Ripley 8 cared about humans all that much, let alone a specific human she barely knew for a couple days. He survived 'Alien3' through circumstance, nothing more. Nothing he personally did led to his own survival.

Ash 937

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 11, 2011, 02:03:11 AM
Frankly I don't think Ripley 8 cared about humans all that much, let alone a specific human she barely knew for a couple days.

Morse was the last person who helped her.  Don't you think that's inconsiderate on the part of Ripley and her clone? 

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 11, 2011, 02:03:11 AMHe survived 'Alien3' through circumstance, nothing more. Nothing he personally did led to his own survival.

You can''t be serious.  Everything he did led to his survival.  If he didn't do that personally he would cease to exist as a human being.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Ripley 8 barely cared about the people she was with on the Auriga, and barely remembered Newt. I highly doubt she'd remember (let alone care about) Morse.

Morse could have been killed pretty much at any moment. Golic could have hit him too hard with the fire extinguisher, he could have died in the quinitricetalyne blast, he could have been run down in the tunnels, and the W-Y team could have shot him to death. Hell, he almost got stabbed by Junior (I think) running with scissors, only to have the Alien take Junior out when it very easily could have killed Morse instead. Like I said, Morse's survival can be attributed more to luck than anything else.

Hell, that's a bit of a recurring theme in 'Alien3' - very few of the characters had any control over their own deaths, other than Ripley and Dillon (and Bishop I guess, and maybe Aaron although I don't think he expected to get shot). Hicks and Newt start the trend, and it continues through the whole movie. Morse had about as much control over his own survival as someone who survives a F5 tornado ripping through their house.

Terx2

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 10, 2011, 10:28:28 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 10, 2011, 10:23:51 PM
Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 10, 2011, 09:37:18 PM
+ hamsters, which were caught on the motion tracker by Hudson in the Hadley's Hope complex  ;)
Weren't they involved in the explosion like everything else?

Damn, they were! RIP hamsters  :'(
;D

They probably survived. Maybe there mentioned in Coloniel Marines ;D.

Alienseseses

The hamsters became irradiated and mutated into the new rulers of LV-426, but fell back in time and became the original Jockeys.

Just saying.

Terx2

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 11, 2011, 04:52:56 AM
The hamsters became irradiated and mutated into the new rulers of LV-426, but fell back in time and became the original Jockeys.

Just saying.

I like my idea of the appearing in Coloniel Marines.

Marine 1: Hey did your brother use to work here.
Marine 2: Yeah why?
Marine 1: Did he have pet hamsters?
Marine 2: Yeah why?
Marine 1 and Marine 2 see giant hamsters attacking Marine 3
Marine 1: No reason.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 11, 2011, 04:52:56 AM

Just saying.

God, you don't know how much I want to see this in a movie.  It was the hamsters.  They created the aliens.

PsyKore

Would Jones be traumatised at all? I don't know about pet psychology, but that poor cat had a front row seat to hell. I hope his remaining days weren't spent hiding under a table.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 11, 2011, 05:48:50 AM
God, you don't know how much I want to see this in a movie.  It was the hamsters.  They created the aliens.

Yeah, in the end of Prometheus we are going to find, that they are true Space Jockey suits' operators.  ;D
Well, back to the topic.

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 11, 2011, 02:28:18 AM
You can''t be serious.  Everything he did led to his survival.  If he didn't do that personally he would cease to exist as a human being.

Ash 937, I'm totally with Xenomrph's arguments here, because in my opinion Morse did exactly the same for his survival, as Jonesy the cat did in Alien, namely, nothing in particular. He was backed by Ripley in a distressing moment, when Runner killed off another convict in front of him and was heading to Morse... I can't describe his and Jonesy's attitude with other words than just passive observation and withdrawal from necessity. They kept their lives fortuitously.

Peakius Baragonius

Wow, wasn't sure how long this would last but this thread is awesome!  ;D

Don't worry, Hamster fans/haters: all will be told about Hamsters' history in HVG: Hamster vs. Gerbil, a FOX-produced film coming out next October, after fourteen years of waiting by fans. Directed by Uwe Boll.

Funny...last year for an art project depicting a mural image of animals I started an AVP spoof story called Hamster vs. Gerbil. While I've known a very nice hamster who I put in the story and would have come out okay, overall the gerbils were kicking the hamsters' butts. Sounds like you might enjoy that, Omega...  ;)

Wait...there's a manual or something that details what happens to Morse and co.? (I'll bet it comes up with no good explanation for how the egg got on board the Sulaco  ::) )

The idea of evil hamsters also brings up the question: what would a HamstAlien look like?

DARIAS93

Spoiler
...So the only survivors were Morse and the cat?
[close]

I don't know why, but this question made me laugh.  Maybe because it's true?  lol

:laugh:

The Golden Fox

@OP: You're right, and that somehow makes the series so much more damn awesome, in my opinion.

Although I wouldn't have minded if they'd thrown a Hudson into the mix.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed