What if Hr Giger designed a predator?

Started by Wraith, Dec 19, 2007, 12:57:52 AM

Author
What if Hr Giger designed a predator? (Read 9,527 times)

Vemados

Can I get a link to the baby picture?  And btw Giger can't design chestbursters for shit... and they changed a lot of his designs for the Alien movies.  If Giger designed the Predator, he'd make it so their technology like grew out of them or something...

gameoverman

Quote from: Vemados on Dec 21, 2007, 08:25:07 AM
Can I get a link to the baby picture?  And btw Giger can't design chestbursters for shit... and they changed a lot of his designs for the Alien movies.  If Giger designed the Predator, he'd make it so their technology like grew out of them or something...

The only new thing Giger designed for Alien - that was used - was the derelict ship, the alien planet and the space jockey.  Everything else was either taken from Giger's books (including the basic design of the alien) or was modified from his original design.

Using this approach, with a capable director who also has an eye for design like Ridley Scott, you could get Giger to make a very decent predator.

The Necronoir

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 21, 2007, 06:58:31 AM
A HR Giger predator would look amazing with it's biomechanical design, since the predator technology always seemed more organic looking to me than technical.

Something like this maybe:

Good call. I can definitely see that.

On a note related to my earlier post, does anyone actually have a good picture of the male hybrid from Species II? I saw an action figure years ago my memory of it isn't great.

D-101

Quote from: Huol on Dec 19, 2007, 11:39:42 PM

Quote from: D-101 on Dec 19, 2007, 08:45:42 PM
It's dreadlocks would look like penises. Man, Giger was a pervert....a pervert who creates creepy aliens.  :-[

I hate it when people say that.

"LOLOLOL Yeh he wud haf poot penasis on der face! lololol!"

f**king ignorance.
It was a joke, couldn't you tell by the last part, about creepy aliens?

Seriously, it would probably be fully armored. Pipe-y look parts & tube-y parts.

Half-knife

It would definitely suck!

Neukku

What if H.R. Giger designed a predator....it would be pretty pervert if you ask me!

This was the original pic where Xenos got its form.

Lucian Laurentis

This is a bit late but the person who mentioned that the Pred stuff seems more organic than technical... there may be a reason for that in the expanded universe. ;) Sometimes it's alluded to that the Predators took over the Space Jockey's technology. I haven't read a ton of comics, but in a lot of the things I've seen, they seem similar.

Johnny Handsome

Gigers biomec look is cult, thats for sure.
But you know what, what i really love about the predator is that it is nothing like that look and that they went into the other direction instead of trying to do something like that.

I love the exotic/insect look of the predator, so i agree with predboy, the predator is perfect how he is now. No doubt.

aliensetta

aliensetta

I would like to see Gigers outlook on the predator and what things he would change and add etc.

Commander Aun

Quote from: aliensetta on Dec 30, 2007, 03:51:31 AM
I would like to see Gigers outlook on the predator and what things he would change and add etc.

Well I think he would probably be more like the predator in the first predator films novelization. A shapeshifter.

THE WAR MACHINE

i dun think i'd wnt giger to make an alien, he'd make its d*ck connect to its mouth or something, he's good at making things look organic or biomechanical, predtors shouldn't look biomechanical, their rmour shouldn't grow out of em lol

Alienseseses

It wouldn't look like the one we know. The first design didn't.

Commander Aun

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 31, 2007, 10:13:25 PM
It wouldn't look like the one we know. The first design didn't.

Yeah, looked like a two yellow eyed bug thing that Jean Claud Van Damme was meant to be wearing.

Thatguy2068

I know NecroPost is forbidden, but I've been thinking about this idea recently. Really was a long time ago since this post was active and I wanted to put my two cents in it. it would've been cool in some regard, but I think the final product that we is great. Giger would have entertain the name "pussy face". Like seriously his art is renowned for being subtly sexual in a way. Why wouldn't he indicate that the predator designing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed