A question for those who read the script...

Started by predxeno, Dec 07, 2015, 09:37:58 PM

Author
A question for those who read the script... (Read 3,242 times)

predxeno

I recall that the script was leaked before the movie was released so fans already had a good idea of what was going to happen in the movie.  My question is, was there anything in the script to suggest that the Black Super Predators were more sadistically inclined than the normal Predators from the other movies?  I recall that many people were saying they were but the movie showed no evidence of that; the fight between the Falconer and Hanzo seemed very honorably carried out in keeping with Predator culture.  Therefore, I can only guess that the reason fans thought the BSPs were more sadistic is because of something in the script that never made it to the movie.  Is there anything in the script to suggest this?

Corporal Hicks

I can't remember off hand but the script is available for you to read and find out: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/scripts/script-predators-finch-litvak.pdf

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 07, 2015, 09:37:58 PM
I recall that the script was leaked before the movie was released so fans already had a good idea of what was going to happen in the movie.  My question is, was there anything in the script to suggest that the Black Super Predators were more sadistically inclined than the normal Predators from the other movies?  I recall that many people were saying they were but the movie showed no evidence of that; the fight between the Falconer and Hanzo seemed very honorably carried out in keeping with Predator culture.  Therefore, I can only guess that the reason fans thought the BSPs were more sadistic is because of something in the script that never made it to the movie.  Is there anything in the script to suggest this?

It was a mistake , people thought it was the awful Rodriguez script, in this one there was an arena with gladiators and the preds used to take a piss on human prisoners.They mixed  genetically aliens, humans and insects too to create some cannon fodder.

Corporal Hicks

An actual earlier draft of Predators did also leak. It's in the post above yours.

Predator_Spirit

I'm aware of this script i've read it a few monthes before the flick came out, it's similar to the movie, the intro wasn't filmed thought.

No more sadistic than the other preds, the classic pred seemed to be less sadistic because they've cut the deleted scene where he is playing with Dutch for fun.

predxeno

Dutch?  Do you mean Royce?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 23, 2015, 04:14:56 PM
I'm aware of this script i've read it a few monthes before the flick came out, it's similar to the movie, the intro wasn't filmed thought.

No more sadistic than the other preds, the classic pred seemed to be less sadistic because they've cut the deleted scene where he is playing with Dutch for fun.

I'm curious about this bit, what does he do to him?

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 23, 2015, 07:33:04 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 23, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

I'm curious about this bit, what does he do to him?

Corporal Hicks

I liked that. Would have been nice to have seen that in the film.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 29, 2015, 09:23:35 AM
I liked that. Would have been nice to have seen that in the film.

Same, it would have shown that the Predator definitely doesnt want easy pray and since Dutch was the only one left he wanted it to last

overthere

There's a scene in the script of the original that didn't make it into the movie. I think it was Dillon looking for Mac, and Predator is right behind him moving as he moves, playing with him. Dillon stops, Predator stops. Dillon moves, Predator moves. Like those cartoon gags when someone is hiding behind someone. That scene would have added a lot to display Predator's nature. Shame it wasn't filmed.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 05, 2016, 01:19:25 PMSame, it would have shown that the Predator definitely doesnt want easy pray and since Dutch was the only one left he wanted it to last

I like the concept better than the execution. Having Dutch say out loud, "Heez toying wid mee" is just a bit too on the nose for me.

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2016, 12:33:24 PM

I like the concept better than the execution. Having Dutch say out loud, "Heez toying wid mee" is just a bit too on the nose for me.

Same as "He couldn't see me"

Corporal Hicks

Did he actually say that?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Jan 06, 2016, 12:58:42 PMSame as "He couldn't see me"

Yeah, and that parts really cringey too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed