AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 01, 2011, 07:00:21 AM

Author
AvPG Exclusive: Prometheus Concept Art (Read 74,393 times)

Michael Harper

Quote from: sak1na on Apr 01, 2011, 08:42:10 AM
Erich von Daniken said it himself "It is a time when HR Giger's monster didn't exist. "I have to create something new." Maybe this one wont be the same as the first 4 with aliens just breaking loose and killing everyone.

When did Erich von Daniken become a part of this? :O

Mr. Domino

I know this is a joke, but I don't see why it couldn't work in-film, so long as they don't reference anything else. It'd be just like the Alien skull in Predator 2 - those who want to can take it as proof that the two universes are one, and those who don't can easily dismiss it as a reused prop design - after all, we don't think Firefly and Starship Troopers are part of the same universe, do we guys?

Guys?

...Oh, dead God, no.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Apr 01, 2011, 05:57:49 PM
I know this is a joke, but I don't see why it couldn't work in-film, so long as they don't reference anything else. It'd be just like the Alien skull in Predator 2 - those who want to can take it as proof that the two universes are one, and those who don't can easily dismiss it as a reused prop design - after all, we don't think Firefly and Starship Troopers are part of the same universe, do we guys?

Guys?

...Oh, dead God, no.
Malcolm Reynolds was doing his part.

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Don't forget Starship Troopers and Power Rangers.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Michael Harper on Apr 01, 2011, 05:37:06 PM

When did Erich von Daniken become a part of this? :O

I suppose ever since Ridley Scott did the interview with Don Shay for the laserdisc, although there was a bit of Daniken style inspiration in the original Alien script  Or did you think Erich was being interviewed, well he wasn't.

I suppose also we're going to probably watch this space jockey image turning up on one blog after another as official leaked concept work.

Mike’s Monsters

I wish this was a joke. We know nothing about it being a joke, it's just coincidental guys.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Mikey on Apr 01, 2011, 06:37:54 PM
I wish this was a joke. We know nothing about it being a joke, it's just coincidental guys.

Well it's just something that someone painted this year.

If it's coincidental, it's by someone who really ought to learn to come up with something new

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 01, 2011, 04:41:56 PM
Yeah, oddly-quiet-Corporal-Hicks, who's the artist behind it?

According to the watermark it's someone Lowry. I'm awaiting final confirmation on his details soon.  :)

Wobblyboddle77

Wobblyboddle77

It looks like someone has messed around with starwars concept art for general greivous and made a few additions such as the shoulder canon and taken the space jockeys head from a few sketches that were circulating a few months back which some people thought was official space jockey art, but turned out to be some artist just showing a few sketches on his site, i'm gonna call b.s. on this one.

Omar.G.V.

It seems that they're incorporating the back story of the Predators being pirates & hijacking the Space Jockey's technology/weapons hence the shoulder cannon. If so, then its safe to say the Preds also stole Zenomorph eggs from them to utilize as a worthy trophy to hunt.

I'm wondering if the Zenomorph itself is a naturally evolved creature native to the Jockey's home planet or if they genetically engineered them as biological weapons to be like a plague of locusts as their tribes wage war against each other.

I'm loving this concept art, to finally see them without their suit is just awesome!

cc37wings

Ha good April fools joke.  Pretty nice concept minus predator shoulder cannon.

marrerom

maybe the pred gun means that the space jockeys killed all the predators and took their shit    8)

randy4321

LOL wow that looks really stupid. and YES the xenomorph will be in the movie...but not the way you see it as or assume.

Bone collector

I swear the only thing there making people mad is the cannon.As a predator fan myself I dont care if it has a cannon or not.But I can see where there coming from.ANd its not like this is the first time the jockeys supposedly had contact with the predators remember the begining to AVP-R how come no one said anything then.The predators managed to KILL one.

Space Sweeper

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed