Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 272,260 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Issue #6 solicitations are out.

Spoiler

PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by INHYUK LEE
VARIANT BY SALVADOR LARROCA
VARIANT BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
VARIANT BY JAY ANACLETO
IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN!
• Epsilon Station is losing its orbit.
• Gabriel Cruz is losing his son.
• Can anything be saved?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
© 2021 20th Century Studios.
[close]

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/marvel-comics-august-2021-solicitations/

August 25th

First trade also announced.

QuoteALIEN VOL. 1: BLOODLINES TPB
Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA
Cover by INHYUK LEE
The iconic cinematic terror makes its Marvel debut! Gabriel Cruz gave his life to the Weyland-Yutani Corporation — almost literally, thanks to an alien attack he barely survived! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android. But his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly, and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorphs are far from over! Now, Cruz has only one chance to save his son from the horrific fate he barely escaped. The clock toward total collapse is ticking. The aliens are loose! Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up for an all-new tale of the sci-fi/horror titan that has terrified audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream. Collecting ALIEN #1-6.
144 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$17.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-92614-4
Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Says Bloodlines is actually 1-6, not 1-5.

Release is October 20th.

Nightmare Asylum

That doesn't surprise me. Marvel trades are almost always 6 issues. Occasionally 7, but not usually 5.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2021, 08:23:23 AM
Issue #6 solicitations are out.

Spoiler

PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A) • Cover by INHYUK LEE
VARIANT BY SALVADOR LARROCA
VARIANT BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
VARIANT BY JAY ANACLETO
IT ALL COMES CRASHING DOWN!
• Epsilon Station is losing its orbit.
• Gabriel Cruz is losing his son.
• Can anything be saved?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
© 2021 20th Century Studios.
[close]

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/marvel-comics-august-2021-solicitations/

August 25th

First trade also announced.

QuoteALIEN VOL. 1: BLOODLINES TPB
Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA
Cover by INHYUK LEE
The iconic cinematic terror makes its Marvel debut! Gabriel Cruz gave his life to the Weyland-Yutani Corporation — almost literally, thanks to an alien attack he barely survived! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android. But his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly, and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorphs are far from over! Now, Cruz has only one chance to save his son from the horrific fate he barely escaped. The clock toward total collapse is ticking. The aliens are loose! Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up for an all-new tale of the sci-fi/horror titan that has terrified audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream. Collecting ALIEN #1-6.
144 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$17.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-92614-4
Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Says Bloodlines is actually 1-6, not 1-5.

Release is October 20th.

Okay so Amazon had the issue count wrong. Guess we'll see in next month's previews whether or not the creative team changes for the next arc.

hawkangel

Ok so about that issue #6 cover -

Spoiler
Dare I nitpick? How is that Xeno breathing in space? Sure it's just a comic cover and we've seen them air locked out into open space but I don't believe they can breathe/survive in space?
[close]

SiL

SiL

We've seen them chilling in space in the EU since the first comics.

Kimarhi

The very first movie has them functioning in space.  We don't know for how long it would have, but it did. 

judge death

I have the theory that they dont need air at all actually, see them swim without breathing and being in space with no issues in movies and games and comics and hibernate while in space.

BlueMarsalis79

Imagine something being so moronic as to give them masks...

Still Collating...

That Rage War hate still burns bright I see?  :laugh:

Though jokes aside, I as a big fan of the trilogy still thought that was the worst part, just awful. Please, never again give them masks, please just no... I like my aliens being able to survive some tome in the vacuum.

SM

SM

Queen was chilling in the unpressurised landing leg on the way back to the Sulaco for ages.

And as dopey as Aliens needing breathing masks is - it would probably look pretty cool.

BlueMarsalis79

If by pretty cool, you mean, Paul W.S Anderson slo-mo "pretty cool" then yes.

SM

SM

Paul W.S. Anderson slo-mo was pretty cool - the first time.

BlueMarsalis79

That's where we'll agree to disagree, it's not cool the first time or the tenth time, just like the above idea it just undermines.

SM

SM

What does a slo-mo hugger shot undermine?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

And, just in case anyone missed it...their version of goats are traced from deformed goat pictures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed