MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,196,626 times)

frenchfries

frenchfries

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 17, 2017, 06:48:18 AM
I think I've reached saturation point with Marvel.

I'll stick with Gaurdians and the main Avengers movies, but all these spinoffs are just getting too samey.
Are you serious? iv never seen a movie like this before.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: frenchfries on Oct 17, 2017, 11:34:51 PM
Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 17, 2017, 06:48:18 AM
I think I've reached saturation point with Marvel.

I'll stick with Gaurdians and the main Avengers movies, but all these spinoffs are just getting too samey.
Are you serious? iv never seen a movie like this before.

Yep. I'm getting bored. In the early days, when they came around less frequently, they felt more crafted. Now they just feel churned. On the whole I've found all of the origin films and spin-offs to be inferior and more than a little bit boring, Captain America aside. It's like we're getting Marvel-lite. If they can't do it properly, don't do it at all.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Rudiger on Oct 18, 2017, 09:46:16 AMYep. I'm getting bored. In the early days, when they came around less frequently, they felt more crafted. Now they just feel churned. On the whole I've found all of the origin films and spin-offs to be inferior and more than a little bit boring, Captain America aside. It's like we're getting Marvel-lite. If they can't do it properly, don't do it at all.
Can't criticize at all and I understand your point. You have some taste and standards and that's pretty cool, IMO.

But most people still enjoy the movies a lot... so, there's no reason to quit :)

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: Magegg on Oct 18, 2017, 03:12:02 PM
Can't criticize at all and I understand your point. You have some taste and standards and that's pretty cool, IMO.

But most people still enjoy the movies a lot... so, there's no reason to quit :)

Honest reaction when I saw the trailer was "what, another one?". I think they need to be very careful about over saturation. How many Marvel TV series are there right now? And how many stand alone movies? For me it's just too much. They feel like cheap knock-offs. Ant-Man, Spider-Man (again!), Dr Strange and now Black Panther - enough already. I like Thor in the Avengers, but his two stand-alone movies were really average IMHO.

Box office means they've obviously created a winning formula, but it's all a bit movies-by-numbers for me. Too homogenous. You know how some music producers just bang out tunes that any one of their contracted artists could sing? That's how I feel the scripts are starting to sound. It's like they write a joke and could give it to any one of the characters to deliver.

Magegg

Magegg

I agree on that.

Thor 2 was underwhelming.

But I mean, there's a demand of people who want to see where their characters go. People love the Hulk, for sure, and Planet Hulk is a very fun idea to be seen portrayed in a movie.

Movies have been getting a little too comedic, yes, but some people like it better that way. It's a matter of taste, maybe?

Fortunately, for the reviews I've seen, Ragnarok doesn't connect much with the overarching plot of the Marvel universe so you can skip over.

As for Black Panther, the Wakanda setting looks incredible. And I liked T'Challa in the Civil War movie. I want to know more about him and see his adventures. The production looks absolutely great. Also, looks like this movie will be more serious, like Winter Soldier maybe.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Magegg on Oct 18, 2017, 04:04:17 PM
I agree on that.

Thor 2 was underwhelming.

But I mean, there's a demand of people who want to see where their characters go. People love the Hulk, for sure, and Planet Hulk is a very fun idea to be seen portrayed in a movie.

Movies have been getting a little too comedic, yes, but some people like it better that way. It's a matter of taste, maybe?

Fortunately, for the reviews I've seen, Ragnarok doesn't connect much with the overarching plot of the Marvel universe so you can skip over.

As for Black Panther, the Wakanda setting looks incredible. And I liked T'Challa in the Civil War movie. I want to know more about him and see his adventures. The production looks absolutely great. Also, looks like this movie will be more serious, like Winter Soldier maybe.

Looks very good. Ryan Coogler is talented. I loved his movie CREED.

Sabby

Sabby

Cross-posting here and in the Toku thread.

Immortan Jonesy

Magegg

Magegg

CNBC reports:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

Disney-Fox buyout deal is seemingly about to close. Could be announced next week.

Don't breathe, guys... it's close to happening. X-Men and Fantastic Four re-joining the family o__o

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: Magegg on Dec 05, 2017, 03:22:26 PM
CNBC reports:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

Disney-Fox buyout deal is seemingly about to close. Could be announced next week.

Don't breathe, guys... it's close to happening. X-Men and Fantastic Four re-joining the family o__o

Heard the whole deal is worth $60 Billion....man i hope it works out!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Great, $60 billion for Disney to ruin Deadpool.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 05, 2017, 06:01:24 PMGreat, $60 billion for Disney to ruin Deadpool.
Yeah, and the best thing is that you can do nothing against that XDD

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Goodbye to variety in the comic book genre. WB are copying the Marvel formula and now Fox are down. For all of Fox's errors they gave us Logan and Deadpool.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Hope this isn't doomsday for AVP.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 05, 2017, 06:50:19 PM
Hope this isn't doomsday for AVP.

There's a Batman v Superman joke in there somewhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed