MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,196,594 times)

Immortan Jonesy

GoTenDu

GoTenDu

I just watched ECHO.

It was much better than what I thought we would get. I was entertained throughout, I ended up quite liking it.

But I've read a lot of people consider it a boring show. I can see why, too.

Wweyland

Wweyland

How about Jessica Jones returning? That show's first season was great.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That first season's absolutely incredible.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The first season was great but I never bothered finishing the second.

GoTenDu

GoTenDu

The first season had lots of filler, and very annoying support characters.

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 13, 2024, 10:21:55 PMThe first season was great but I never bothered finishing the second.

Same.  The first season was the best of all the Defenders shows.  Don't remember why I only watched a few eps of season 2 years ago.  I think all those MCU Netflix shows sagged in the middle something chronic.  Start with 2 or 3 good episodes, a bunch of episodes in dire need of an editor, then the last 2 or 3 are great.
Don't think I finished season 2 of Punisher either.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SM on Jan 13, 2024, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 13, 2024, 10:21:55 PMThe first season was great but I never bothered finishing the second.

Same.  The first season was the best of all the Defenders shows.  Don't remember why I only watched a few eps of season 2 years ago.  I think all those MCU Netflix shows sagged in the middle something chronic.  Start with 2 or 3 good episodes, a bunch of episodes in dire need of an editor, then the last 2 or 3 are great.
Don't think I finished season 2 of Punisher either.

I remember being extremely underwhelmed when they finally revealed the villain and lost interest.

SM

SM

I wonder if the 13 episode thing was a holdover from more traditional programming where there was around 26 episodes in a season and this was one of the first times an entire series has been released exclusively on streaming.  When you look at most Marvel or Star Wars stuff it's less the 10 now.  Back then if you'd done a 6 episode season, it might not be enough to entice new subscriptions.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Even with Kenobi you see the same thing, something that should have existed in a film format, stretched beyond means.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Thirteen episodes was a contractual obligation from what I remember. I think Iron Fist S2 had fewer but they renegotiated that one when Netflix and Marvel were still playing ball.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Xenomrph

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed