MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,196,614 times)

ace3g

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I saw The Marvels at the cinema on Monday and i actually really enjoyed it.

Should have been maybe 15 to 20 minutes longer as some stuff just seemed brushed over (not sure if thats from the reshoots or not), but the tone i felt was spot on. Its what Quantumania should have been tone wise

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's a mixed bag for me. The Marvels themselves are a ton of fun to watch, the action was cool, and there were a few inspired, delightfully bizarre scenes that I just loved. But the overall plot and the villain where whatever.

Mid credits scene was immense, regardless.

ace3g

Local Trouble

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

I just finished season 2 of Loki.. and I thought it was a beautiful conclusion to the character. I really can't recall the last time a marvel property that gave me feels.

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I mean he lacks genitalia anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Kirby Silver Surfer is only true Silver Surfer and the MCU Silver Surfer is shit.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Gender-swapped 'Silver Surfer' eh?  If true, then they just can't help themselves can they? 

And I was really looking forward to seeing my favourite bald cosmic surfer done justice this time around.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't really know jack about the comics so maybe someone can fill me in, but is having a penis an integral part of the character's story arc?

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's not about character arc but esthetics. I wouldn't like Aragorn. Conan or witcher Geralt to be women :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 10, 2023, 05:53:41 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 10, 2023, 04:38:10 PMI'm eagerly awaiting a "cool and good" verdict for The Marvels.  And a commitment to purchasing the steelbook.  Don't disappoint me.

Haven't seen it yet, probably won't get to until next weekend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed