Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,361 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Science will never entirely disprove God because a religious person will always run back to, "But God made it happen". If we're using science to disprove God, then it's a lost cause.

Sabby

Sabby

Which is kind of like criticizing a lawyers lack of culinary skills. That's not his f**king job. Science is used to explain, not to disprove.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Exactly. I like to think science tells us the how and why that is observable. If people want to believe it's God's work, nothing will stop them.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
Exactly. I like to think science tells us the how and why that is observable. If people want to believe it's God's work, nothing will stop them.

Agreed, but they kind of become fair game once they propose how and why God did it. It's all well and good to say "Zeus makes lightning", but when you add in "Via a process of extending his influence from Mt Olympus into three dimensional space to stimulate local weather activity", then you should expect to be treated like any other idiot who boldly struts into a laboratory with all the answers.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

LOL, who said that?

Sabby

Sabby

You don't follow many Atheist Youtube channels I take it xD There are plenty of people jumping in to offer 'scientific' explanations of how God works, which usually just try to throw as many terms at you as they can, and most of them misused.

For instance, 'Miracles' are 'Any event which circumvents the established laws and limitations of physical reality', which would thusly require 'a being, force or entity both outside of this reality and capable of manipulating it'. This would make Jesus a 'conduit by which an Ultrarealian entity can process, understand and thus effectively govern a reality that is mechanically simpler'. So Jesus is basically a cypher, like how we made advanced mathematics to try and comprehend concepts that just boggle our heads. I asked the guy "Wait, doesn't this mean that Gods own creation does his head in?" "NO! Our Lord is perfect!" "But you just-" "f**k you!"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Only The Amazing Atheist and I typically only watch his videos on gender issues because ironically he sounds more measured in those videos as the rest of his stuff is angry ranting.

Sabby

Sabby

Yeah, most of the channels I used to sub to have been hijacked by that.

I've found the Religious channels to be more entertaining. Jason Burns, Richard Raspberry, GMan, Arcane Logos, Vekl, Matt Bell... they usually just sit around in Google Hangouts challenging Atheists to debates, and usually on of two (or both) things happens. They end up so twisted up by their own crazy logic that they end up saying or defending something absolutely deplorable and run off to make a few videos about how that isn't what they meant and everyone are lying, or share the hangout with another Christian long enough to start shouting at each other to repent and go make a few videos about how the other people involved aren't real Christians.

Seriously, some of these incidents have been hysterically surreal. Youtube a few of the names, you may fall down this rabbit hole of drama.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Link me, my good man, link me.

Sabby

Sabby

Oh joy, this will be fun.

Vekl, a black Theist who defends Biblical slavery and recently asked Atheists what was wrong with buying a kid an Xbox One in exchange for sexual favors. Keep in mind, he isn't saying he would do this, he wants to know the moral basis that Godless heathens use to determine this act immoral.

Jason Burns, an almost stereotypical simpleton with some mental health issues who considers himself a 'great academic scholar'. Faked his own suicide and appeared on camera with tomato sauce on his face claiming he'd been beaten by Atheists. Thinks there is a global conspiracy of Atheists trying to suppress his scholarly efforts. Leaves Youtube for realsies every other week and begins most of his videos with "I'm no longer on Youtube and I don't want to make this video"

Richard Raspberry, A compulsive liar and self published author Wasp on the Moon. Tends to call any Atheist that disagrees with him a child toucher or a cyber stalking. These accusations have lead to an Atheists children being beaten in real life. I'd highly recommend browsing the user reviews of his book on Amazon. Gotta love when someone debunking Evolution cites his own Hard Drive as a source.

Arcane Logos, tends to sit in hangouts slurring out rehearsed scripts. If you take him off the script, he seems incapable of human speech. Comes across as a real hood raised stoner thug who spent an afternoon watching Ken Ham and Sye Ten Bruggencate and declared himself a genius. Believes birds propel themselves by breathing through the front side and shooting the air out of their ass, that binary is 4 digits, that the Ark of the Covenant is an ancient power source, and that DNA is made out of microscopic literal computers.

Matt Bell, a Scottish vegetable in a nursing home who ironically practices the No True Scotsman Fallacy quite often. Big promoter of the Kalam Cosmological Argument, though he does tear into fellow Christians just as much as Atheists. All around c**t, really.

Most of these guys and their favorite Atheist enemies tend to mingle and have beef, so you'll probably get an idea of who is who if you really want to. I was watching from the start, so I know most of this tangled web, but I imagine it's a bit of a mess to jump into right now. Enjoy the show!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2014, 01:51:39 PM
Only The Amazing Atheist and I typically only watch his videos on gender issues because ironically he sounds more measured in those videos as the rest of his stuff is angry ranting.

The Amazing Atheist is a repugnant ass-clown

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on Dec 30, 2014, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 29, 2014, 01:51:39 PM

The Amazing Atheist is a repugnant ass-clown

Quote"sometimes misogynistic tirades (which include blaming rape victims and suicide victims)"

*yawn*

Sabby

Sabby

I don't particularly like TJ that much, but when the f**k did Rationalwiki turn into a Skepchick rant blog? TJ is crude, yeah, and he says intentionally offensive stuff, but I hardly think wearing your moral outrage like a badge of honor is befitting of something with 'Rational' in it's title.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm pretty sure it's a site run by the same morons who believe in Atheism+ and FreeThoughtBlogs which would explain their lack of intelligence.

Sabby

Sabby

Ugh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed