Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,324 times)

Sabby

Sabby

That would be something, yes. Do you have a source? I tried Googling, and all I got was hysterical feminism blogs :P

Edit: On further Googling, he does seem to have some fairly questionable quotes. A bit saddening, though I'd rather he be called out on genuine flaws, rather then made up words like Islamaphobia.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Sabby on Jul 13, 2014, 06:17:23 AMEdit: On further Googling, he does seem to have some fairly questionable quotes. A bit saddening, though I'd rather he be called out on genuine flaws, rather then made up words like Islamaphobia.

He was a genuine idiot in that regard though, he seriously thought bombs and missiles could put an end to Islamic fundamentalism when it in fact spreads it further.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 13, 2014, 06:14:00 AM
His anti-feminist, anti-abortion stances, and his occasional public descriptions of women as "sluts", "slags" and "dykes" has nothing to do with it.

Being anti-feminist and anti-abortion doesn't make someone a misogynist; just saying. But you are right in saying that using terms such as slut, slag, and dyke aren't exactly flattering.

SM

SM

Careful Cvalda - this is their poster boy you be dissin.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And here we go...

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 13, 2014, 08:08:28 PMBeing anti-feminist and anti-abortion doesn't make someone a misogynist; just saying. But you are right in saying that using terms such as slut, slag, and dyke aren't exactly flattering.

I'm pretty sure antifeminism is the definition of misogyny.

Quote from: SM on Jul 13, 2014, 10:04:35 PM
Careful Cvalda - this is their poster boy you be dissin.

I think he's the poster boy of seemingly dickish/ borderline neck-beard atheism more than anything, maybe I should have quoted one of the 'nicer' ones...

QuoteI don't believe you until you tell me, do you really believe, for example, if they say they are Catholic, "Do you really believe that when a priest blesses a wafer, it turns into the body of Christ? Are you seriously telling me you believe that? Are you seriously saying that wine turns into blood?" Mock them. Ridicule them. In public. Don't fall for the convention that we're all too polite to talk about religion. Religion is not off the table. Religion is not off limits. Religion makes specific claims about the universe which need to be substantiated and need to be challenged and, if necessary, need to be ridiculed with contempt.
- Richard Dawkins

But I'm sure someone could point out his personal flaws too.  :laugh:

SM

SM

lol Dawkins

Aspie

Aspie

charles dawkins

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 15, 2014, 01:33:37 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 13, 2014, 08:08:28 PMBeing anti-feminist and anti-abortion doesn't make someone a misogynist; just saying. But you are right in saying that using terms such as slut, slag, and dyke aren't exactly flattering.

I'm pretty sure antifeminism is the definition of misogyny.

From Dictionary.com

Quotemi·sog·y·ny  [mi-soj-uh-nee, mahy-] noun
hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women.

Nothing in there about feminism.

SM

SM

lol Doomrulz

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 01:38:23 AM
lol Dawkins

So what's your problem with these guys?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 15, 2014, 02:36:05 AMNothing in there about feminism.

But obviously if you hate, dislike or mistrust women that inherently makes you an antifeminist because feminism is all about, you know, not doing any of that.

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 03:10:46 AM
lol Doomrulz

Well we agree here.  :laugh:

SM

SM

QuoteSo what's your problem with these guys?

I'm just generally live and let live.

SiL

SiL

Personally they remind me of PETA: I might agree with a lot of what they say in general, but the way they go about saying it is so f**king obnoxious I find myself disagreeing with them out of spite. See Hitchen's "Take every chance to be a dick to religious people about their beliefs" above.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2014, 01:09:24 AM
Personally they remind me of PETA: I might agree with a lot of what they say in general, but the way they go about saying it is so f**king obnoxious I find myself disagreeing with them out of spite. See Hitchen's "Take every chance to be a dick to religious people about their beliefs" above.
IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO PROGRESS OUR HINDERED SOCIETY

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed