Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,318 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 18, 2014, 06:59:26 PMWrite down everything that is bad in the Bible.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 18, 2014, 06:59:26 PMNo the most important written in the Bible is about salvation, everything else is unessential.
Then maybe God shouldn't have sanctioned all of that shit he deemed holy when it was written.

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 18, 2014, 06:59:26 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Apr 18, 2014, 12:40:08 PMThe New Testament physically attacked you? Another reason to avoid religion!
I don't have a name for it.
I thought "New Testament" was its name?

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 18, 2014, 05:09:58 AMOkay, a few do.
Aren't all supernatural views dumb? If it's supernatural, it means that its origins cannot be observed by the senses. If you cannot observe something directly or even indirectly, wouldn't it make more sense to say that we don't know what it is than to say that it has to be "this"?
There has been a lot of study on the supernatural especially by the Catholic Church but recently lots of paranormal researchers have found lots of great evidence showing spirits, and I am not talking about blurry still or video.[/quote]But not good enough to earn respect from the scientific community.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 17, 2014, 08:57:26 PM
God comes to your aid if there's an evil spirit moving things around but when a little kid has cancer... ain't nobody got time for that!

God has helped other people that have asked for his aid.  But the big thing is he has tasked us with is taking care of ourselves.  Problem is a lot of people wont help people because of their cutthroat personalities, the middle class is shit on by big business because of this mentality.  If the rich where to give up a lot of their money a lot of good things could be done with it.  The only rich person I normally see helping the sick and needy is Bill Gates.

Because some people have had positive outcomes, God must be real!!!1! Let's forget about the all the other people who really needed help.

And LOL!!! You're throwing ONE wealthy person's name out there and the amount that he gives away is hardly a dent in his wealth. There are plenty of wealthy people (who aren't celebrities) helping people who are in need.

That's besides the point... we're talking about God here. Not some mere mortals without the power to heal and answer prayers. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Super fun thought experiment!: Why did God create HIV? And why does he allow completely innocent children to be born HIV positive everyday?

And why should anyone worship him if he does exist?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 19, 2014, 04:23:16 PMSuper fun thought experiment!: Why did God create HIV? And why does he allow completely innocent children to be born HIV positive everyday?

The gays created HIV, Cvalda. You're American. How could you not know this? ???

Cvalda

Cvalda

No, God created HIV to punish the gays (nevermind the majority of cases worldwide are hetero). Swedish n00b ::)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 19, 2014, 04:26:02 PM
No, God created HIV to punish the gays (nevermind the majority of cases worldwide are hetero). Swedish n00b ::)

Well excuse me for not being thought this in school. ::)

BANE

BANE

Haha it's only a real problem because some numbnuts decided to have sex with an animal.

Vickers

BANE

BANE

Cool.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 18, 2014, 09:25:24 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Apr 18, 2014, 02:01:37 AM
It's linked in the text. He claimed that demons started false religions to lead people away from God, so I worked out the rough chances of being mislead within Christianity alone. Darth's chances of actually being within the correct religion (by his own logic) is incredibly low.

God doesn't work through people that commit blaspheme.  The reason I say this is that their are and have been Catholics that with Gods grace of preformed miracles.  That being said just because you are in a Faith doesn't instantly make you saved.  I am sure a lot of other people will be that are not Catholic, just like I am sure there Catholics that wont be saved.

How was that a response? Lets try again.

Quote from: SabbyThere is an estimated 43,000 Christian denominations as of 2012. If Demons are tricky enough to create that many false sects, then I'd say it's reasonable that you yourself could be deceived Rinzler. The only way for you to not be so, according to your own logic, is if you were somehow more perceptive then the other 2 BILLION Christians in the world, or through luck.

Your chances of being deceived within Christianity alone is 42,999 to 1. Feeling lucky?

Its pretty simple really, Jesus commanded he is the only way to salvation.   Most other religions do not even have the same sort of way that we obtain it from Jesus Christ, most teach salvation is obtained through one selves actions.  Like for example in Egyptian mythology it comes down to remembering the magic words that will allow your soul to pass on to the other side without being devoured by a demon.  Not that any of that matter God destroyed all the Egyptian false Gods written in Exodus.

In Russian mythology (Slavic) all I need is a collection of nails and undergo many trials that will test ones bravery, shrewdness, honesty, benevolence, cognition, and drudgery.  From what God has commanded me to do with my life I wouldn't have a problem with these tests. 

Now as far as Jesus goes if that many Christians where deceived and his true word was completely muted he would have pity on us since it is not are fault that we can practice his true commands.

Then their that matter concerning other entities that have been labeled as other mythologies entities, especially dark entities, they can be expelled using the authority of Jesus.

If by this point every religion was wrong than their would be no reason to be deceptive anymore nor hold back their aggression, they could just attack us without fear of rebuke.

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 18, 2014, 09:33:12 PM
I would agree Cal, but in this context, I'm using Rinzlers claim that false religions are started by demons. By that logic, he himself could be deceived by a demon. I just tried to work out the rough chances of that within Christianity alone. I'd like to go beyond that and include other religions, but that's a huge task, and the numbers I've come up with already are more then enough to demonstrate my point.

If you made this list you would have to understand those other religions you are talking about including their function involving the aforementioned salvation.   You also would have to take into consideration that religions religious leaders current understanding of their text.  Like for example if you were to included Native American mythologies you have to take into consideration that their are current groups that Believe that the Holy Trinity is one in the same as the Sky Father.  You also will have to take into consideration that their is a growing group of Eastern Indians that have excepted that everything recorded in their mythology was really Alien visitations and inter-settler war between them, so in that case they don't have salvation.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 18, 2014, 09:46:04 PM
You don't need to be up to date, just a little something called "the troubles" that happened thirty odd years ago.

And Rinzler, how about incest, rape, being turned to salt, being stoned to death for wearing two different kinds of cloth, having to pay and marry your rapist if you're a woman.

I could go on.
Evil mounted ontop of lies, sweetened by small truths to seem believable, all any religion is.

All of the things you are having a problem with are things God is against and the persons doing these things doesn't repent they are punished.  Any enemy Israelites were commanded to destroy outright had done some real bad things to them, like prevent their escape from the Egyptians, or they had to be destroyed because they were demon human hybrids, which is the main reason we had the flood to destroy the hybrids.   The part about being turned into salt was a result of their contempt for decency.  Now as for his Wife that was unfortunate but she was warned to run.  Lastly those laws where made for the Jews in the way that they were because they were unruly.  Moses himself was not the greats prophet God has had since he caved into the Israelite wishes.  Ps when I saw laws I am not talking about the 10 commandments.

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 18, 2014, 06:59:26 PMNo the most important written in the Bible is about salvation, everything else is unessential.
Then maybe God shouldn't have sanctioned all of that shit he deemed holy when it was written.[/quote]

Its important just not as important as what is required for Salvation.

Quote from: maledoro on Apr 18, 2014, 12:40:08 PMThe New Testament physically attacked you? Another reason to avoid religion!
I don't have a name for it.
I thought "New Testament" was its name?[/quote]

You know I am talking about the thing that attacked me.

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 18, 2014, 05:09:58 AMOkay, a few do.
Aren't all supernatural views dumb? If it's supernatural, it means that its origins cannot be observed by the senses. If you cannot observe something directly or even indirectly, wouldn't it make more sense to say that we don't know what it is than to say that it has to be "this"?
There has been a lot of study on the supernatural especially by the Catholic Church but recently lots of paranormal researchers have found lots of great evidence showing spirits, and I am not talking about blurry still or video.[/quote]But not good enough to earn respect from the scientific community.
[/quote]

That's not true, stuff from Zack bagans has been examined by the scientific community, a physics professor, I forget his name but he was in the documentary (Ghost Adventures: The Original Documentary).  He said that what was seen in the Hotel could not have been faked with practical special effects.

There other as well although Bagans is getting really really good stuff with the price that he is probably going to die a very horrible death.   I have listed those other groups much earlier in this topic.

Quote from: Vickers on Apr 19, 2014, 04:16:31 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Apr 17, 2014, 08:57:26 PM
God comes to your aid if there's an evil spirit moving things around but when a little kid has cancer... ain't nobody got time for that!

God has helped other people that have asked for his aid.  But the big thing is he has tasked us with is taking care of ourselves.  Problem is a lot of people wont help people because of their cutthroat personalities, the middle class is shit on by big business because of this mentality.  If the rich where to give up a lot of their money a lot of good things could be done with it.  The only rich person I normally see helping the sick and needy is Bill Gates.

Because some people have had positive outcomes, God must be real!!!1! Let's forget about the all the other people who really needed help.

And LOL!!! You're throwing ONE wealthy person's name out there and the amount that he gives away is hardly a dent in his wealth. There are plenty of wealthy people (who aren't celebrities) helping people who are in need.

That's besides the point... we're talking about God here. Not some mere mortals without the power to heal and answer prayers. :P

That's what miracles are God healing people that are in such bad straights that they wouldn't have survived without him.  Their many cases of this happening.

You halfway getting the point that I made.  Gates is barely making a dent and nether are those other people you mention.  See the problem is their is a lot more people that have lots and lots of money or talents for that matter, that could be helping but their mind set is f*&% it me me me.

As for you last post I know very well we are talking about God.  He does heal people BUT he has also commanded we help people are selves, most of us are not taking up that mission however. 

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 19, 2014, 04:23:16 PM
Super fun thought experiment!: Why did God create HIV? And why does he allow completely innocent children to be born HIV positive everyday?

And why should anyone worship him if he does exist?

Men in Africa would have sex with primates, HIV is thought to have only been a disease they carried until it adapted to our biology.

In short this would never have been problem if they had not had sex with animals and then sex out of wedlock with multiple partners.  If did this or became nonsextuals this disease would not be anywhere as near a problem as it is now.

I have two counter question why is the medical community more interested in making diseases treatable and not curable?  Money...

What do you think will happen with these doctors that put pricetags on people lives and are working only only treating diseases and and cureing them?

Sabby

Sabby

So far, just like last time, you've demonstrated yourself to be completely incapable of giving direct answers to direct questions. I asked you to look at the numbers I came up with. If you take issue with the methodology, by all means, tell me, but what you gave me was several paragraphs of nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzt6qz1YzrI#ws

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Apr 19, 2014, 05:58:23 PM
Men in Africa would have sex with primates, HIV is thought to have only been a disease they carried until it adapted to our biology.

In short this would never have been problem if they had not had sex with animals and then sex out of wedlock with multiple partners.  If did this or became nonsextuals this disease would not be anywhere as near a problem as it is now.
So you're not just spectacularly ignorant, you're racist as well. Cute. Damn those Africans!

HIV jumped to humans from eating chimpanzees, dumbass, not f**king them.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Kinda weird that it's considered an STD even though it was originally transferred through non sexual means.

maledoro

maledoro

There just isn't enough deodorant to cover up any of DR's posts. I'm not going to even try to dignify any of his posts with a respectful reply after that steamer he laid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed