Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Damn it sabby.

Sabby

Sabby

Damn me indeed :3

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote1. You made an argument that was unclear, but seemed to imply people need control.

So because you couldn't understand what I'm saying, that means it makes no sense?
Someone is a little self indulgent.

Quote2. I asked you to clarify if that's what you meant.

I've done that many times and ironically you're the one jumping all over the place..

Quote3. You freak out and attribute the presence of a sheeple argument to me

Freaking out? the only one who seems to be freaking out is you and the way you're taking this harmless little debate personally.
As I've said before, I'm as chilled as a frozen bag of peas over here.

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 01, 2014, 04:25:19 AM
I have no problem with aggression :P So long as it's coherent. Be as angry as you like guys, just don't confuse anger for stupidity.

You do realise anger is said to potentially lower someone's IQ?
So how can you claim people can be angry and smart?
Seems you know everything there is too know in life right sabby?
I mean that's what you must be implying if the point of my post was that "I'll never know everything and never will so why judge people as if I do?" and you keep refuting that for some odd reason.
Ironically I think the only reason you have to even open you mouth against my original point is that you're taking this personally, seems childish to me.

Sabby

Sabby

Step 1. Be as annoying a c**t as possible.
Step 2. Jump all over the place.
Step 3. Project steps 1 and 2 on everyone else until they leave.
Step 4. Claim victory.

Congratulations on reaching step 3 for the second time in 24 hours. However, you didn't take back your accusation that any kind of sheeple argument stemmed from me. What you did was dissect my account of things and rearrange it full of childishness and even more accusations. Not on kid. I left the conversation yesterday because of your petulant conduct, and I'm afraid I have to leave this one as well.

Hey, I did give you a second chance though :P More then I give most.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

*sips mountain dew*

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 01, 2014, 04:39:46 AM
Step 1. Be as annoying a c**t as possible.
Step 2. Jump all over the place.
Step 3. Project steps 1 and 2 on everyone else until they leave.
Step 4. Claim victory.

Congratulations on reaching step 3 for the second time in 24 hours. However, you didn't take back your accusation that any kind of sheeple argument stemmed from me. What you did was dissect my account of things and rearrange it full of childishness and even more accusations. Not on kid. I left the conversation yesterday because of your petulant conduct, and I'm afraid I have to leave this one as well.

Hey, I did give you a second chance though :P More then I give most.

Yet again you ignore my posts because you know you have nothing but you're immature, narrow minded view of life.

QuoteBe as annoying a c**t as possible.
Your opinion.
As I've said before, you're a little self indulged.

QuoteStep 2. Jump all over the place.

Actually you're the one who originally brought that up, I just used it against you to prove my point in that your the type of person to think "Its ok for me to do it but you're not allowed to do it to me"
And you proved my point swimmingly, thank you :)

QuoteStep 4. Claim victory.

QuoteHey, I did give you a second chance though :P More then I give most.

Lol isn't that what you did just there? you might as well be talking about yourself in this post sabby  :laugh:

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 01, 2014, 04:46:07 AM
*sips mountain dew*

Lol  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Settle down, everyone. No need for insults and name-calling.

Sabby

Sabby

Dark Passenger, I apologize for insulting you.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 01, 2014, 03:52:30 AM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 31, 2014, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: maledoro on Mar 31, 2014, 11:49:43 AM
Going back to this "good and bad on both sides" business, we know that there is good and bad in religion and that a lot of the bad stems from scripture. From where does the bad in being secular come? Sure, you can point fingers at a few atheists misbehaving at street preachers, but where is the real harm and from where does it come on the non-religious side?

Everyone would be living in the now without worry of offending or pleasing some scumbag made up deity. There is no bad in becoming secular. It is truly a flawless system. It is the only way to achieve true happiness in a society.

That's a pretty extreme position dude... and I'm Antitheist, and even I disagree with this. Besides, what is 'true happiness' when applied to a society anyway?

True happiness is emancipation from mental slavery(which is religion). True happiness is losing the fear of death and living the life you have in the now without worry of pleasing and/or angering a deity. True happiness is welcoming death when it comes because that means leaving a world full of irrationality and illogic.

Sabby

Sabby

There are many ways to happiness, but saying there is 'true happiness', like some perfect form of it, is like saying someone can be 'truly good' or 'truly bad'. It's a subjective thing you're placing an absolute value on.

People can be perfectly happy and lead a productive and fulfilling life while also believing nonsense.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 01, 2014, 03:33:34 PM
There are many ways to happiness, but saying there is 'true happiness', like some perfect form of it, is like saying someone can be 'truly good' or 'truly bad'. It's a subjective thing you're placing an absolute value on.

People can be perfectly happy and lead a productive and fulfilling life while also believing nonsense.

But what they are experiencing isn't happiness, it's blissful ignorance. Happiness is subjective but living by the atheist/humanist methos is a more brighter path in achieving a genuine happy life. Perfection is possible, don't let anyone tell you the opposite.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Dat evil religion got me all chained up over here.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 01, 2014, 03:46:00 PM

But what they are experiencing isn't happiness, it's blissful ignorance. Happiness is subjective but living by the atheist/humanist methos is a more brighter path in achieving a genuine happy life. Perfection is possible, don't let anyone tell you the opposite.
That's a nice opinion you got there, it'd be a shame if I were to disagree with you.

Sabby

Sabby

I still disagree with you, but thank you for finally using Humanism instead of Atheism.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 01, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Apr 01, 2014, 03:46:00 PM

That's a nice opinion you got there, it'd be a shame if I were to disagree with you.

An informed opinion nonetheless. Opinions won't matter when the pope decides to wipe out the non believers in a new inquisition with the support of a mormon theocratic dictatorship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed