Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,363 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 05:44:44 AM
Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 31, 2014, 05:35:26 AM
How are you even disputing my point that there is good people and bad people on both sides of the fence?
So religion is all bad? but atheism is all good? is that what you're saying? really?

That's not what I asked you and that's not what I said. You throw around accusations of putting words in your mouth, while putting words in others mouths. I'm not going to ask questions of someone who will change my questions, nor will I give answers to someone who will hear something else.

Lets take a trip back in time

My original post
QuoteThe way I see it, if you feel the need to label yourself just to be apart of a niche
You're doing something wrong, who gives a damn what other people believe in.
Leave them be and they'll leave you alone, easy fixed.

I mean religious people may be silly most of the time but at least when they reach out it's to help those who would benefit from such a lifestyle and how is that bad?

Atheists on the other hand? who do they help?
They don't rally together out of a misplaced sense of love, most atheists just rally together to hate on other people and their beliefs and too me that's much, much more pathetic.

I'm not atheist nor do I believe in any organised religion, I believe in "I don't know everything and never will so why should I act like it?"
Belittling other people is just as pathetic as believing in some non-existent deity, if you can't see that then you're just too busy tooting your own horn.

In case you couldn't understand i was saying that there is both good and bad on both sides and what did you respond with?

QuoteYou act as if Religion is a harmless pass time.

Which is not only making an assumption on how I view religion as a whole but it also is directly opposing my point that there is good and bad in both parties and to blame just one side is just silly and all you can say is 'But Religion is...'

QuoteThat's not what I asked you and that's not what I said

So much for that.
You're preaching to the choir, I know religion influences some bad in the world but just like everything else in this world it isn't just all bad, it does some good and to ignore that because you can't see over you're ego is just asanine.
And yet you're telling me you know better than those religious people you look down at? thanks for the laugh :)

Sabby

Sabby

I'm completely at a loss here. Addressing you're nonsense point for point is only going to give me more of you're energetic, childish f**kwittery, and I think I've humored that long enough. You've gotten a lot more rope then I give most people, and now that you've hung yourself with you, I feel no need to pull on your legs. Though, I know you don't see it that way, and that you likely won't, despite what anyone says, so I'm just going to opt out of this silliness.

When you've learned to speak like a functional adult, then I'll engage you. Until then, I stand to gain nothing from you.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 06:00:09 AM
I'm completely at a loss here. Addressing you're nonsense point for point is only going to give me more of you're energetic, childish f**kwittery, and I think I've humored that long enough. You've gotten a lot more rope then I give most people, and now that you've hung yourself with you, I feel no need to pull on your legs. Though, I know you don't see it that way, and that you likely won't, despite what anyone says, so I'm just going to opt out of this silliness.

When you've learned to speak like a functional adult, then I'll engage you. Until then, I stand to gain nothing from you.

Bahaha  :laugh:
I've actually heard a losers speech quite similar to this before...
Hmm odd...I guess ignorance truly is contagious.
You know what kind of people step down? the people who should have never stood up.
Just food for thought.

Cal427eb

maledoro

maledoro

Going back to this "good and bad on both sides" business, we know that there is good and bad in religion and that a lot of the bad stems from scripture. From where does the bad in being secular come? Sure, you can point fingers at a few atheists misbehaving at street preachers, but where is the real harm and from where does it come on the non-religious side?

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 31, 2014, 11:49:43 AM
Going back to this "good and bad on both sides" business, we know that there is good and bad in religion and that a lot of the bad stems from scripture. From where does the bad in being secular come? Sure, you can point fingers at a few atheists misbehaving at street preachers, but where is the real harm and from where does it come on the non-religious side?

Everyone would be living in the now without worry of offending or pleasing some scumbag made up deity. There is no bad in becoming secular. It is truly a flawless system. It is the only way to achieve true happiness in a society.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 31, 2014, 05:51:32 PM
Everyone would be living in the now without worry of offending or pleasing some scumbag made up deity. There is no bad in becoming secular. It is truly a flawless system. It is the only way to achieve true happiness in a society.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 06:00:09 AM

You only need look at the avatar to see how braindead he is.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 31, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

That's a pretty extreme position dude... and I'm Antitheist, and even I disagree with this. Besides, what is 'true happiness' when applied to a society anyway?

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

How many wars have been waged because people refuse to be humble and use understanding?
I'm not saying not being religious will make you a monster but all I was saying is that religion helps people keep themselves in check and I see no harm in that.

It's when the fanatics take it a step further and begin making the rest look bad and that's what makes people like yourself dislike the idea of religion.
I was just saying the same can be said for the atheists as well, so I know what you're saying and I know religion can influence bad but that's on the individual or individuals doing the act and not on the people who they associate themselves with because then I could say the same to you.

If people can brush everyone in religion with the same colour then why can't people do that to atheists as well?
I could then say you're no different than any atheist criminal to ever exist but I don't because it has nothing to do with which group you belong to, it's on the individual, it's the decisions you make in everyday life.

Nothing in this world is all good or all bad, that was my point so in essence I'm agreeing with you but I just don't like to think I can make a judgement as to whether religion should exist or not because that would mean I'm assuming I know everything there is too know about the subject matter and that it's just all bad and that's just not true.

QuoteYou only need look at the avatar to see how braindead he is.
...you are beyond retarded.
So with you're logic you can judge someone because of something like there avatar? So you're telling me you can tell me if someone is "braindead" or not by say, what clothes they're wearing or what hair style they have?
You're the one who is brain-dead here, sad thing is I don't think you'll ever be able to fathom just how so...

Sabby

Sabby

Name one war started in the name of Atheism :P Otters don't count.

'Religion keeps people in check' goes completely against what you said when you freaked out over the implication of a sheeple argument. So which is it? Do people need to be controlled or not? Pick one please, because you're being very unclear.

If any old kind of pack mentality is good enough for you because it keeps things peaceful, then I'm sure you thought Equilibrium was a cautionary tale against the dangers of anti-conformism.

Edit: Also, you should really stop this 'do you know everything?' angle you're using. If knowing everything is a requirement to judge something, then by you're own logic you are incapable of judging Atheism, which you have done multiple times in the past day.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Apr 01, 2014, 04:10:00 AM
Name one war started in the name of Atheism :P Otters don't count.

'Religion keeps people in check' goes completely against what you said when you freaked out over the implication of a sheeple argument. So which is it? Do people need to be controlled or not? Pick one please, because you're being very unclear.

If any old kind of pack mentality is good enough for you because it keeps things peaceful, then I'm sure you thought Equilibrium was a cautionary tale against the dangers of anti-conformism.

You with that sheople bullshit again.
You're the one who brought that up, not me.
"Religion keeps people in check" (Sigh)
What I actually said was "Religion helps people keep themselves in check.
Seems more like you're the one thinking people are nothing but sheep.

Quoteby you're own logic you are incapable of judging Atheism, which you have done multiple times in the past day.

My logic? its called life, I didn't invent this logic.
If you do something to someone expect it to be done right back at you.
So you judge religion and yet I'm not able to do that against you? someone is a little childish here.

Sabby

Sabby

Answer a bloody question without flying off the handle please. You seem incapable of remembering anything before your current post, so I'm going to remind you.

1. You made an argument that was unclear, but seemed to imply people need control.
2. I asked you to clarify if that's what you meant.
3. You freak out and attribute the presence of a sheeple argument to me.

If you cannot see the flaw in that list, then you're mentally unprepared for anything close to a discussion. Now, I'm giving you one chance to do the intellectually honest thing and recognize the flaw in your logic and take back your accusation.

Well?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I would like to point out that the most aggressive person in this thread is Sabby.

Sabby you need God.

Sabby

Sabby

I have no problem with aggression :P So long as it's coherent. Be as angry as you like guys, just don't confuse anger for stupidity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed