Theology

Started by Sabby, Sep 01, 2013, 02:51:02 AM

Author
Theology (Read 212,337 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 30, 2014, 04:54:16 PM
Of course.
Thank you. If we were talking about atheism as a dessert, in this scenario it would be a cake. Earlier, you were concerning yourself with unnecessary frosting and sprinkles.

Sabby

Sabby

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

The way I see it, if you feel the need to label yourself just to be apart of a niche
You're doing something wrong, who gives a damn what other people believe in.
Leave them be and they'll leave you alone, easy fixed.

I mean religious people may be silly most of the time but at least when they reach out it's to help those who would benefit from such a lifestyle and how is that bad?

Atheists on the other hand? who do they help?
They don't rally together out of a misplaced sense of love, most atheists just rally together to hate on other people and their beliefs and too me that's much, much more pathetic.

I'm not atheist nor do I believe in any organised religion, I believe in "I don't know everything and never will so why should I act like it?"
Belittling other people is just as pathetic as believing in some non-existent deity, if you can't see that then you're just too busy tooting your own horn.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 31, 2014, 04:51:09 AM
The way I see it, if you feel the need to label yourself just to be apart of a niche

I mean religious people may be silly most of the time but at least when they reach out it's to help those who would benefit from such a lifestyle and how is that bad?

Atheists on the other hand? who do they help?
They don't rally together out of a misplaced sense of love, most atheists just rally together to hate on other people and their beliefs and too me that's much, much more pathetic.

I'm not atheist nor do I believe in any organised religion, I believe in "I don't know everything and never will so why should I act like it?"
Belittling other people is just as pathetic as believing in some non-existent deity, if you can't see that then you're just too busy tooting you own horn.

I don't know how many times I've seen posts exactly like that in this thread.  :laugh:

Sabby

Sabby

You act as if Religion is a harmless pass time.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 04:57:05 AM

You act as if Religion is a harmless pass time.

What? and that means atheism is harmless?
Door swings both ways, in case you didn't know

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

And the cycle continues...

Sabby

Sabby

As I said in the Paranormal thread, try reading posts thoroughly and calming down before you respond. Try to take things one at a time, I can't have a discussion with you when you leap around like this.

I asked you if you think Religion is a harmless pass time, try responding to that before you go on to share you're view on Atheisms impact to society.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 05:02:53 AM
As I said in the Paranormal thread, try reading posts thoroughly and calming down before you respond. Try to take things one at a time, I can't have a discussion with you when you leap around like this.

I asked you if you think Religion is a harmless pass time, try responding to that before you go on to share you're view on Atheisms impact to society.

Who's jumping?
If you listened to my original post I said there is some good people and bad people in religion and the same goes for atheists.
You're the one jumping all over the place and only focusing on the negatives of religion and I disputed that because the same can be said about atheists and yet you only focus on what you want to focus on.
I'll say it again, it may appear like I'm jumping all over the place but that's not true, you just can't keep up.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

ahahahahahahaha

Sabby

Sabby

You're not making this easy.

Okay, I'm going to try one more time at this. You claim that Atheists view Religion negatively on purpose. For this to be true, Religion would have to be mostly okay, or else there would be no facts to twist.

Could you please demonstrate to me the benefits of Religion and how they are equal to or greater then the harm it causes? A simple answer would be appreciated.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 05:15:11 AM
You're not making this easy.

Okay, I'm going to try one more time at this. You claim that Atheists view Religion negatively on purpose. For this to be true, Religion would have to be mostly okay, or else there would be no facts to twist.

Could you please demonstrate to me the benefits of Religion and how they are equal to or greater then the harm it causes? A simple answer would be appreciated.

Okay how many people right now are being friendly to their neighbour, friends and family because of what they enjoy believing in? millions?
Right now they could be robbing, killing and whatever else messed up crime there is to do but they're not, they're there with their families and neighbours trying to be good people.

They might be wrong about whether there is a god or not but at least some try to be good people and I see nothing wrong with that.
How many people die from religion yearly? I'd say the numbers are much less than that.
Because I doubt it's in the millions, religion does help a lot of people but in your typical manner you only focus on what you want to focus on.

And even then blame such crimes on the individual and not the people who happen to be around them because all your doing is lumping the good people with the crazies.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm failing to see the connection between Religious belief and people not leaping over their neighbors fence to murder them and rape their wives. You attribute the lack of such behavior to 'belief' (and you use the term so nebulously I'm not sure how exactly to address it) but then go onto say that such behavior should be blamed on the individual.

So, good actions are the result of 'belief', yet bad actions are the result of 'just crazies?'

That's ridiculous.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 31, 2014, 05:27:41 AM
I'm failing to see the connection between Religious belief and people not leaping over their neighbors fence to murder them and rape their wives. You attribute the lack of such behavior to 'belief' (and you use the term so nebulously I'm not sure how exactly to address it) but then go onto say that such behavior should be blamed on the individual.

So, good actions are the result of 'belief', yet bad actions are the result of 'just crazies?'

That's ridiculous.

Yet again you're putting words in my mouth, is that all you do?
And no that's not what I was saying, just because you can't understand what I'm saying doesn't mean you're automatically the victor here.
How are you even disputing my point that there is good people and bad people on both sides of the fence?
So religion is all bad? but atheism is all good? is that what you're saying? really?
That's the way a child would view the world, everything is a black and white to you isn't it?

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 31, 2014, 05:35:26 AM
How are you even disputing my point that there is good people and bad people on both sides of the fence?
So religion is all bad? but atheism is all good? is that what you're saying? really?

That's not what I asked you and that's not what I said. You throw around accusations of putting words in your mouth, while putting words in others mouths. I'm not going to ask questions of someone who will change my questions, nor will I give answers to someone who will hear something else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed